🌍 The PMC Weekly January 9th, 2021

35 emeralds12 replies1,080 views
PMC started 01/09/2021 1:31 pm history
anonpmc3405073 replied 01/29/2021 8:16 am

Happy weekend and welcome to the first Weekly of 2021! To kick the year off, we've launched a couple of official contests; one of them being a really unique maze maker contest everyone should definitely check out! A few community contest also popped up int his first week of the new year. Results were announced for a community skin contest. We also feature a couple of packs, a cyberpunk city that made it in articles on a couple of websites, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
We launched this month's official Skin Contest, 2121!

Show us the future - but not next year, next century!Your task is to predict what life will be like in the year 2121. There are no wrong or right answers here. Dazzle us with your favourite futuristic fiction - post-apocalypse, sci-fi, dystopia, cyberpunk, and so on. Or enthrall us with some speculation of your own - will we be a space-faring civilisation with alien friends 100 years from now? Or willwe return to primitive society instead? Or perhaps humanity will be entirely replaced by robots.

Deadline: January 29
icon

We're teaming up with Gheppio to bring you an exciting and unique contest, Maze Making Contest, powered by his latest brilliant Minecraft machine...Maze Maker Deluxe! Maze Maker Deluxe is a machine that will easily allow you to generate and customize your mazes or challenge tracks! Your task for this contest is to build custom maze tiles and use the machine to generate a unique entry. You get your own lab with 20 slots to build custom maze tiles, 4 special interface packs to help you layout your maze and limitless options to generate.

Deadline
: February 15

icon

Steps 1, 2, 3 of Make Maker

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
F I N N L E Y is celebrating 400 subscribers by hosting a reshade contest! Your goal in this contest is to reshade the skin to your right! Changes in small details of the skin are allowed - tag your entries 'finnleyRC'.

Deadline
: January 25

Jυвιlee || rc ♡ 400 ѕυвѕ! (reshade contest) Minecraft Skin
NoodleRat is hosting a skin contest called Lily in the Water. This is a skin contest where you have to create a skin based on Feudal Japan. One entry per person. Both HD and Java skins are allowed in this contest as well as transparency!

Deadline
: January 30

DEADLINE EXTENDED

CaraRose has extended the deadline to her and MissGhouls Christmas House Decoration Contest!

Your goal is to create your own cozy interior inside the house!

and use Ghoulcraft [​Winter] Pack made by MissGhouls to decorate it with beautiful custom decorations!

All of the rules and details can be found here!

New deadline: January 25

Other new contests and events launched this week:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Amongst Us Contest - Mob & Player SkinZappyGru
January 19
Palette Contest
Rogue's Palette Contest
Rogue64
January 24
Themed Contest
קครՇєɭ/๔คгк RainbowGirl8910
February 5

RESULTS
Results for Nitgo's Evil Glow Creepy Skin Contest have been announced! Congratulations to the winners! We created short 360 degree rotationvideos of the top 3 skins to showcase their glowing effect. What do you think? You can find all of the entries in this contest in a collection here.

1st Place

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Palette Contest
Pick your Palette
Chaotic Stupid
January 10
Themed Contest  
Fruit to Human 🍉
VxnChxn
January 10
Themed Contest
Medieval Mayhem 🏰
lovfallande
January 17
Themed Contest
Amongst Us Contest - Mob & Player SkinZappyGru
January 19
Be sure to check out the Community Event Calendar for a full list of Events and Contests!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

TERRIFIC TOUR
Kicking this section off with a 360 showcase of the PMC SMP Server! In this interactive video, McMeddon takes you on a little our of the work that's been done on PMC's official server. You'll see spawn, where the central marketplace area has been set up. Along the long path North, you'll find a fountain on your way to the massive Town Hall.

Across the way you'll see Boscawinks's two statues as well as the Nether shop.

To move the video around for the 360 effect, hold right click and drag left, right, up, or down!

COOL CALENDAR
If you're in search for a 2021 Calendar, CaraRose created a printable one that features screenshots of several of her Minecraft builds from 2020. Each month has an appropriate themed build; we especially love the build Winter Senses for February and Forest Fairy Magic Tree for September!

This is her second year making such a calendar. We're hoping she keeps this tradition because we absolutely love them!
AWESOME ANIMATIONS
Fresh Animations by FreshLX is one of the top trending packs this week! This pack adds animations to mobs in the default look of Minecraft, making them more dynamic and believable.

Mobs come alive with animations such as blinking, breathing, and moving with more meaning, giving them character - we've tried it ourselves and are big fans of it!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
Tstz's Glazer Vanilla Resource Pack went trending on Reddit this week. The resource pack makes blogs and other items glow in the dark! Piglins' eyes, armor, weapons, elytra and more luminate the night, without any data packs or RTX. Optifine is required, however.

The reddit thread has over 15,000 upvotes and over 500 comments!
PMC IN THE PRESS
CVP Official's Cyberpunk City Map was featured in articles on screenrant and technoraptor - for good reason. The build team has embarked on a mega project for 2021 that aims to create a massive Cyberpunk City. The city sits on an icy coast, with winding highways and neon lights. You can download a preview of the city here!

They'll be documenting their progress in a series on their youtube.

INTERVIEW

This week's interview is with.....
Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 83 : Elite Cake

12 replies

01/29/2021 8:16 am
Level 1 : New Miner
anonpmc3405073
anonpmc3405073 avatar
[deleted]
01/12/2021 10:48 pm
Level 74 : Legendary Pirate
Aspirin60
Aspirin60 avatar
<Thanks for featured my 3place by Nitgo's contest... (c:
01/09/2021 1:35 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Zombie
Nitgo
Nitgo avatar
FIRST TO COMMENT!!!
Also thanks for featuring the winners of my contest, but I should also thank the people who entered the contest too because they're the one who made this possible.
01/09/2021 5:33 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Botanist
OceanFqsh
OceanFqsh avatar
nitgo where is your wall?

I think I have a ton of stone to spare after finishing my mega base
01/09/2021 6:26 pm
Nitgo
Nitgo avatar
No worries, I use lava and water to create my wall.
01/09/2021 6:48 pmhistory
OceanFqsh
OceanFqsh avatar
yeah but where is it

coordinates?
01/09/2021 10:44 pm
Nitgo
Nitgo avatar
Surely I wont remember, but I might join sooner, or later.
01/09/2021 2:30 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Princess
Spongie_ISKEY
Spongie_ISKEY avatar
The interview looks great! Thank you (Once again) for featuring me. I appreciate it so much!
01/20/2021 12:15 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Warrior
cats say meow
cats say meow avatar
nice cat drawing Spongie i like the blue one
01/20/2021 4:08 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Princess
Spongie_ISKEY
Spongie_ISKEY avatar
Why thank you!
01/09/2021 1:41 pmhistory