🌍 The PMC Weekly January 9th, 2021

PMC's Avatar PMC1/9/21 1:31 pm history
35 emeralds 1.5k 12
1/29/2021 8:16 am
anonpmc3405073's Avatar anonpmc3405073

Happy weekend and welcome to the first Weekly of 2021! To kick the year off, we've launched a couple of official contests; one of them being a really unique maze maker contest everyone should definitely check out! A few community contest also popped up int his first week of the new year. Results were announced for a community skin contest. We also feature a couple of packs, a cyberpunk city that made it in articles on a couple of websites, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
We launched this month's official Skin Contest, 2121!

Show us the future - but not next year, next century!Your task is to predict what life will be like in the year 2121. There are no wrong or right answers here. Dazzle us with your favourite futuristic fiction - post-apocalypse, sci-fi, dystopia, cyberpunk, and so on. Or enthrall us with some speculation of your own - will we be a space-faring civilisation with alien friends 100 years from now? Or willwe return to primitive society instead? Or perhaps humanity will be entirely replaced by robots.

Deadline: January 29
icon

We're teaming up with Gheppio to bring you an exciting and unique contest, Maze Making Contest, powered by his latest brilliant Minecraft machine...Maze Maker Deluxe! Maze Maker Deluxe is a machine that will easily allow you to generate and customize your mazes or challenge tracks! Your task for this contest is to build custom maze tiles and use the machine to generate a unique entry. You get your own lab with 20 slots to build custom maze tiles, 4 special interface packs to help you layout your maze and limitless options to generate.

Deadline
: February 15

icon

Steps 1, 2, 3 of Make Maker

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
F I N N L E Y is celebrating 400 subscribers by hosting a reshade contest! Your goal in this contest is to reshade the skin to your right! Changes in small details of the skin are allowed - tag your entries 'finnleyRC'.

Deadline
: January 25

Jυвιlee || rc ♡ 400 ѕυвѕ! (reshade contest) Minecraft Skin
NoodleRat is hosting a skin contest called Lily in the Water. This is a skin contest where you have to create a skin based on Feudal Japan. One entry per person. Both HD and Java skins are allowed in this contest as well as transparency!

Deadline
: January 30

DEADLINE EXTENDED

CaraRose has extended the deadline to her and MissGhouls Christmas House Decoration Contest!

Your goal is to create your own cozy interior inside the house!

and use Ghoulcraft [​Winter] Pack made by MissGhouls to decorate it with beautiful custom decorations!

All of the rules and details can be found here!

New deadline: January 25

Other new contests and events launched this week:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Amongst Us Contest - Mob & Player SkinZappyGru
January 19
Palette Contest
Rogue's Palette Contest
InsanityWaffles
January 24
Themed Contest
קครՇєɭ/๔คгк r a i n b o w
February 5

RESULTS
Results for Nitgo's Evil Glow Creepy Skin Contest have been announced! Congratulations to the winners! We created short 360 degree rotationvideos of the top 3 skins to showcase their glowing effect. What do you think? You can find all of the entries in this contest in a collection here.

1st Place

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Palette Contest
Pick your Palette
Chaotic Stupid
January 10
Themed Contest  
Fruit to Human 🍉
VxnChxn
January 10
Themed Contest
Medieval Mayhem 🏰
lovfallande
January 17
Themed Contest
Amongst Us Contest - Mob & Player SkinZappyGru
January 19
Be sure to check out the Community Event Calendar for a full list of Events and Contests!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

TERRIFIC TOUR
Kicking this section off with a 360 showcase of the PMC SMP Server! In this interactive video, McMeddon takes you on a little our of the work that's been done on PMC's official server. You'll see spawn, where the central marketplace area has been set up. Along the long path North, you'll find a fountain on your way to the massive Town Hall.

Across the way you'll see Boscawinks's two statues as well as the Nether shop.

To move the video around for the 360 effect, hold right click and drag left, right, up, or down!

COOL CALENDAR
If you're in search for a 2021 Calendar, CaraRose created a printable one that features screenshots of several of her Minecraft builds from 2020. Each month has an appropriate themed build; we especially love the build Winter Senses for February and Forest Fairy Magic Tree for September!

This is her second year making such a calendar. We're hoping she keeps this tradition because we absolutely love them!
AWESOME ANIMATIONS
Fresh Animations by FreshLX is one of the top trending packs this week! This pack adds animations to mobs in the default look of Minecraft, making them more dynamic and believable.

Mobs come alive with animations such as blinking, breathing, and moving with more meaning, giving them character - we've tried it ourselves and are big fans of it!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
Tstz's Glazer Vanilla Resource Pack went trending on Reddit this week. The resource pack makes blogs and other items glow in the dark! Piglins' eyes, armor, weapons, elytra and more luminate the night, without any data packs or RTX. Optifine is required, however.

The reddit thread has over 15,000 upvotes and over 500 comments!
PMC IN THE PRESS
CVP Official's Cyberpunk City Map was featured in articles on screenrant and technoraptor - for good reason. The build team has embarked on a mega project for 2021 that aims to create a massive Cyberpunk City. The city sits on an icy coast, with winding highways and neon lights. You can download a preview of the city here!

They'll be documenting their progress in a series on their youtube.

INTERVIEW

This week's interview is with.....
Spongie! Spongie has been a member of PMC since july of 2020. She's an avid artist, anime lover, and Minecraft player. During her time here, she's made over 1,500 wall posts, given over 10,000 diamonds, and have made over 200 submissions. We've personally played on the PMC SMP server with her. She helped us with the Holiday Decorations and always seems to want to lend a helping hand. Her polite and positive character is contagious. We hope you enjoy reading this interview and gather inspiration, as we did!

Minecraft/Personalized Questions
How did your Minecraft experience begin? Do you still play?

Well, I've know about Minecraft for a long while now. I didn't start playing it until about...three years ago. I first started on the X-Box three years ago. Then I moved to the Play Station two years ago. Then last year I got Minecraft Java version (On the computer) for Christmas and have been playing ever since; about 1 year. I would play on the X-Box and Play Station with friends and family until I finally got my own account. I play on Java mainly because that's what I have.

What has been your favorite Minecraft update?

Well, I think - I know, no one cares about this update - it has to be the bee update in version 1.15. I just love the new blocks that came with it and the bees are so adorable! I especially love how if you hold a flower, the bees follow you. The hives are a cool addition to nature too.

What Minecraft Mob is your favorite?

I have a lot of favorite creatures in Minecraft so I'll divide them into two categories; passive and hostile. My favorite passive mob has to be the wolf. I love how you can tame it and dye it's collar different colors. My favorite hostile mob is either the spider or the cave spider which is odd because I really hate spiders in real life! I think that they are just neat mobs.

Where did you learn how to skin?

Well, one day I was just looking for a new Minecraft skin (I used this site for skins and my in real life friend, rubur, told me about this place!) and I noticed the "PMCSkin3D" tab and clicked it. I realized that it was a Minecraft skin editor and started playing around with it. I saw the "Publish" button and decided to publish my first Minecraft skin. I realized I needed an account to publish it, so I made one. :) And my first skin, Emo Girl, was made. Here's an image of the skin and a render I made of it.

Emo Girl ~ My 1st Skin! Minecraft Skin

What inspires you when you’re creating? How do you come up with your skins?
Sometimes when I feel motivated enough to make a skin, I look for some images on Google that I can be inspired by. Other times I just come up with ideas on the spot! I also watch YouTube videos on the latest Minecraft skins so I can keep up with the newest styles and trends!

What program do you use to skin with?
I use the PMCSkin3D Advanced Editor. When I publish my skins to my Skindex, which I rarely do, I just upload my skins from here. I personally think that the Skindex Editor is very confusing. They really could've made it more user-friendly.

Tell us about your art! What do you like drawing? Do you prefer to create digital or physical art (Paintings, drawings, etc.)?
I love to make art! I make all kinds of art; Sewing, editing, drawing, painting, pixel art, photography, digital art, Gacha Life videos (Counts as art, right?), Picrews, PicsArt edits, Stop-motion animation, animation, the list goes on and on! :) I prefer digital art. I personally think it's so much better than regular old painting. Plus, I can share it with the world easier! I post most of my art to my DeviantArt and my Pixilart! I love making edits. Here's some of my art below!

Aesthetic Cat
Here's my current profile picture!! I added the rainbow, glitter, and Bo-ho look. Made with PicsArt.

Spongegar15 in Roblox
My Roblox character, edited. Made with PicsArt. ⇧

Brendon Urie Fan Background!
A Brendon Urie fan background. I added each sparkle, each image, each effect, everything. Made with PicsArt.

Lucky the Llama
Pixel art llama! Her name is Lucky. :) I used a base. Made with the Pixilart Tool

Gacha Spongie
My gachasona (Gacha persona)! I used a base for this one as well. Made with the Pixilart Tool.

Sad Persona
Sad Spongie. I used a base for this one. Made with the Pixilart Tool.

Spongegar15 Aesthetic Logo
One of my past banners. I made this when I was very new to the PicsArt app. ⇧

Aesthetic In-Game Minecraft Edit
This is one of my favorite edits ever! My friend, Overlord_Aqua_2,
took an In-Game picture of me "Bonding" with my Minecraft Dog, Cyprezz, on the PMC server. I added the lens flare, film filter, etc. Made with the apps Efiko and PicsArt.

PMC
PMC! :D I didn't use a base on this one. Made with the Pixilart Tool. ⇧
Aftertale Sans

Aftertale Sans. I didn't use a base on this one either. Made with the Pixilart Tool.

Among Us OC LGBTQIA PRIDE
LGBTQIA+ Pride Crewmate. Bisexual flag. :) I used a base on this one too. Made with the Pixilart Tool.

Meow Meow Meow Meow Meow
Cat collaboration. I used a base and made the pink kitten! Made with the Pixilart Tool. ⇧

How did you choose your PMC Username?

I was originally named Magikarp15 (On Minecraft) and one day decided that I wanted to change my name to something else. I thought real hard about it and decided I wanted it to have something to do with Spongebob (My favorite show). I finally settled on Spongegar15. Spongegar is a character from Spongebob (Spongebob in prehistoric form) so I thought it was cool. Plus he's in a lot of memes. I love the number 15 so I added that to be more original. :) Many people assume that I added 15 because they thought I was 15 but it's just my favorite number.

What PMC submission are you most proud of? Why?

I have a lot of different types of submissions so this is going to be hard...maybe I'll just chose one of each!

Favorite Blog: 10 Years! Spongie/Rep Collab! (~‾▿‾)~

I love this blog so much! Me and one of my best PMC friends, RockinReptite, built this In-Game! I think it turned out great.

Favorite Mob Skin: Bed Sus
I came up with this skin one night and for some reason everyone loved it. It's a spin on the saying "Red sus" from the game Among Us.
Bed Sus Minecraft Skin

Favorite Player Skin (Base Used): Spongie the Bride ~ OC/Persona
I think that this skin is really cute. :) It's the first Persona/OC skin I've ever made. I made the dress, flower crown, and veil, but the hair and skin was from a base (Credited on the submission page).
Spongie the Bride ~ OC/Persona Minecraft Skin

Favorite Player Skins:
GeorgeNotFound | IT'S ELMOS WORLD

I really love the "GeorgeNotFound" skin because it's really close to looking like the Minecraft YouTuber, GeorgeNotFound. I'm a huge fan of him, so I made his Minecraft skin. Be sure to subscribe to him! :) I love the "IT'S ELMOS WORLD" skin because I just think it's hilarious! So do all the 102 people who gave it a diamond!

What do you enjoy most about Planet Minecraft?

I love all the amazing, supportive people here. That's the best part. Logging on and seeing all the wonderful creations from the people I am subscribed to is awesome. It's really nice to get tons of support from everyone. It really boosts my mood.

Do you have any goals on the site (subscriber goal, perhaps win a contest, host another contest etc)?

On my "~♥ About Spongie ♥~ ( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡ ♡ ~('▽^人)" widget, I have a section titled "~♥ PMC Goals and Achievements ♥~" where I talk about my hopes and goals on this site. Some are subscriber goals, others about my skins being used In-Game, but I really hope to reach 500 subscribers sometime soon. I also really want to get to level 50. I'm not sure why, but I think that it would be neat to be at such a high level. Plus I'll get the Grandmaster class!! I also hope to someday win one of the official contests.

GeorgeNotFound Minecraft SkinIT'S ELMO'S WORLD Minecraft Skin

You joined the Planet Minecraft just a short 5 months ago and in that time have gained 476 Subscribers! Do you have any advice for someone who is looking to gain subs?

This question gets asked to me too many times, haha! What I usually say is be yourself. :) I have some other tips too. If you are yourself, people will love you for who you truly are. Don't be someone you aren't. I'm not saying tell everyone something like "I'm Insertnamehere and I'm x years old! I live in x and I have siblings and here's my face reveal." You have to be really careful on the internet. Your safety is top priority. Another way to gain subs other than being yourself, is to be active. Post often. Respond to all questions (Keeping safety in mind) and comments. Some people would probably say "Self-promote!" but I say, nope. You really don't need to self-promote. People will just find out about you so long as you are active in the community. It's alright to make a post about a new skin or a blog about whatever, just don't do it too often. It can get old pretty fast. I'm speaking from experience. When I first joined, I really wanted tons of subscribers so I would advertise way too much. On skins, in posts, everywhere! As I got more subs (Not from advertising, but being myself) I realized that I didn't need subs. They are so cool to have with the support and all but you should be happy with however many you have. :D

What has been your favorite moment on the PMC Server?

I absolutely love the PMC Server! One of the best moments other than vibing with my friends and fans, was when I found my first block of Ancient debris EVER! It was with one of my best PMC friends, Overlord_Aqua_2. He gave me an enchanted netherite pickaxe to borrow and I used it and found three blocks of ancient debris. To thank him, I gave him all three since I had no clue at all what to do with it (I know now). I'm really glad I did. He is so sweet and he totally deserved it. When I first joined the server, a ton of people greeted me and some even asked to take screenshots with me!! About ten people did and boy did that make my day. :) Here are some of the screenshots below.

With MNekoChan!
With Overlord_Aqua_2!

Is there a specific member that inspires you or you look up to? Who/Why?

I have quite a few actually. Here are some (No order): jessaMoon _carrot Michiru p a u l i a Hosanna WaffleWolf- Creative_Kylee Nitgo Feathermqqn Suiitea Septembr ohkay floofsie mysticaberri Bwunie risposta Spookly Cow PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft LovelyLuna Buhh Coco_Fluff ShineDiamond_UwU rainstxrm chikqttsu storme_ moonn Parine pixlpuffs JinxCqt Vixinn vonk Jupitess Khirbi s h o r t c q k e SilverStarsWhisper IHasFins csea loveanimals4good CupcakeFrosting

All their skins are so good and unique in their own ways - their talent and style is absolutely incredible!

Fun Questions
What is your favorite food?

I love boba tea. Counts as a food right?

What’s your favorite color?

I have three!! Light pink, sky blue, and lilac purple. Pretty much anything that's pastel or aesthetic.

Do you have any pets?

I have one dog named Willy. He is a rescue pug and I love him so much! I don't have any pictures right now, sorry!!

Describe yourself in 3 words!

Energetic, overrated, and positive.

Are there any hobbies outside of Minecraft that you have?

Yes! I play Among Us and Roblox. :) I love to draw, write stories/letters, play piano and guitar, read, watch anime, edit videos/photos, paint, bake, cook, sew (Machine and by hand), make digital art, hang out with my friends, hang with my family, and lots more. :)

Favorite quote or words of wisdom for the community?

Remember, You Matter! Don't let anyone make you think you don't. Don't change so people like you. Be yourself and the right people with love the real you.

Do you have any advice for new members of PMC?

Have fun, be yourself, and don't worry about popularity! You'll get popular the longer you are on here. Have fun with your work! Don't be afraid to try new stuff.

Do you have any New Years Resolutions?

I would like to be able to properly shade my Minecraft skins. I also want to learn how to use different editing software clients. :)

Anything you'd like to add?

Thank you so much for interviewing me. :) I really appreciate it! I feel so honored. ♥ Thank you, Mrs. PMC!

Thank you to all of my followers who have given me so much support and love throughout my time on this incredible site and in this extraordinary community. ♥

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake