🌍 The PMC Weekly June 19th, 2021chrome_reader_mode

PMC's Avatar PMC6/19/21 1:02 pm history
50 emeralds 2.6k 27
7/4/2021 1:02 am
User3674114G's Avatar User3674114G

Hello, PMCers! We hope you're having a fantastic day! This edition of the weekly starts like any other; a list of new official and non-official community events and contests and highlights the ones that are ending soon. We feature a contest winning organic, a pack that overhauls the end-dimension, a gallery of member art from this week, and an entire sub-section featuring axolotl submissions! We hope you enjoy your weekend. Toodles!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

The Official summer community event, Sunshine after the Rain is live! Let's have a solar-bration and spread
the positive summer vibes across our community! This theme can be taken literally or figuratively! Questions? Comments? Head on over and ask onthe forum thread!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
In celebration of pride month, IndigoDusky is hosting a special contest where you use the provided cape base and make a skin that you think best fits the theme, Demiboy. First place receives a trophy and fully shaded skin!

This contest is also part of their skin-a-day project for June, and is day 14 in their series. To find the rest of my Skin-a-day, look in this collection

Deadline:
June 30
~¤ Day 14: Demiboy pride ¤~ =Fill in the blanks Contest= Minecraft Skin

PsioPsia001 is celebrating 50 subscribers and hosting a skin contest called Catpeople vs. Dogpeople! Your goal is to create a human skin, with some dog or cat's parts, like people on the banner you see to the right! Be creative! Add a nose, tail, ears, paws or even mask. No HD Skins are allowed and player skins only.

Deadline: July 7

Psio also created the Palettes workshop this week, which is a place where you can make palettes for others, and use others' palettes! You can also request a palette in the comment section and provide specifics such as the colors you need or if you want shades.

Psoi's created an organized table where you can conveniently click on the palette which will take you to PMCSkin3D, and import the palette so you can start!

Mob AND player skins are allowed in this Galaxy Palette contest being hosted by Blossom_RunaWolf. This contest has two deadlines; the first deadline is the feedback deadline. So if you wish to have feedback on your submission, be sure to have it in by June 26! You must use the following palette:

FINAL Deadline: July 16

Other new contests and events:
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
MisterDoctor's Steam Machine Contest!
MisterDoctor
June 26

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Interior Contest
Interior Design: Schloss Muskau
MineFriggs
July 21
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
MisterDoctor's Steam Machine Contest!
MisterDoctor
June 26
Redesign Contest
Experi-madness: a minecraft skin redesign contest
DinowCookie
June 27
🐷 (Mobskins) Type

Mystery Event
Mystery Mobs
DinowCookie
June 20
For a complete list of community hosted contests and events be sure to check out the community event calendar!

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

CONTEST WINNING ORGANIC
Abyssal Carnifex by Ruben0_0 is a terrifying sci-fi aquatic alien creature with a long tongue, fin-like features and a petrifying presence. Ruben states this organic was "Inspired by the Tyranid race from WH40k and H.R. Giger's Xenomorph. The creature won them 3rd place in ShadowKingdom's under the sea / into the abyss contest. The entire final leaderboard can be seen here. The submission states:

"The name Abyssal Carnifexrefers to the abyss the creature is standing on, and his inspiration from the Tyranid Carnifex. This was my first organic on a scale like this; it was built using the technique of wire-framing in combination with loft. I hope it will stalk your nightmares!"

Yep, can confirm it will stalk our nightmares! The submission includes several photos of alien monsters made by H.R. Giger's, that they used for inspiration while building this.

If you're a fan of this organic, be sure to check out all of their Colossus submission!

END DIMENSION RE-VAMP 🔮
Let's face it. The End dimension is a little.. boring and could use a something. Thanks to ShrimpSnail, that something has been solved with their most recent pack, Ambient End! This pack makes the end a more mystical and sinister dimension, which is more suitable for the end of the game! It also adds 43 enderman variations and runes you can decipher. Shrimp also released a Ghostly Phantoms pack this week that turns the phantoms into a translucent more ghostly appearance.

ART GALLERY🎨

Michiru updated their original characters blog this week. The blog contains drawings and information about their original character, Haruka "Calinette" Hanamori who is a fox girl and a spring themed character. The update from this week includes the outfit reference sheet you see above. To read more about this curious character, be sure to pop on over to the blog!

spicy_pumpkin also updated their art blog Pride Month, with my OC's! added Nel and Bryn, a drow and dwarf. The expressions and body language of these two characters really gives them unique personalities!

Zith released chapter 1 of their short story, Galaxy Jelly! This sci-fi story has two main characters: Ayako and Tyra. This chapter establishes charaterization and tells the story of their departure from earth to a location in space. Without giving too much away, one of them is a shapeshifter from Jupiter...you'll have to read and find out for yourself what a shapeshifter is (it's pretty darn cool!).

Upon arrival to their destination, they have an unexpected welcoming...

Creative_Kylee created this wonderful fanart for DinowCookie! The art was posted in the comment section of Dinow's forum thread, Ask Dino! The thread was created in celebration of their level 64 and 4000 subscriber milestone!

Kylee posted a total of 6 digital Dinow drawings and a photo of pencil drawings which appear to be concept art for the final digital versions.

In a wall post, -Rae- deactivated shared with us some fan art of hermitcraft doodles featuring Grian, Mumbo, Iskall. Did you know Hermitcraft has a total of 30,000,000 combined subscribers?! 30 MILLION! If you're interested in seeing more fan art, check out Alderleaf's Fan Art Blog which includes fan art of over 15 PMC Members!

ZappyGru decided to create some pixel art of the famous SSBU mural! They added in every single playable character to this day, and it's quite the impressive creation!

A SKIN JOURNEY
interlude_vi's reflects back on her skinning journey in a blog post this week titled, "Kura's Minecraft skin history". In their blog they state that they've been making skins for over 3 years. The blog serves as a guide to show you their phases they've gone through over the years, learning different techniques and syles along the way.

The end of their blog can be seen as inspirational:
" so let's be honest, i did this blog because i've been feeling crappy about my skins, and i wanted to remember how it all started. remember those times when i looked for new styles, and take inspo from old styles that i still quite like to this day."

If you find yourself stuck in a creative rut or out of inspiration, perhaps you can follow in their footsteps and reflect back on your journey, too. Remember, progress isn't linear!

A 'LOTTA AXOLOTL
While exploring the ocean and finding axolotls, sometimes it can be hard to keep track of what color axolotl you picked up. Or maybe you just want to show off your blue axolotl to your friends without the risk of them picking your blue friend up! Blazified's latest pack Colored Axolotl Buckets With Babies, shows you exactly what color axolotl you picked up, and if it is a baby or not!

Do I need to know if it's a baby?
If you don't want or require the age of the axolotl, Blazified made a separate pack without them
: Colored Axolotl Buckets!
Bedrock players, this is for you! FmWild created a texture pack that adds more axolotl variants! The pack adds a total of 5 new axolotls including the bright neon green one you see to the right. You'll find an albino, old, black, and rare two-toned chimera axolotl!

The axolotls all behave the same as the normal vanilla axolotl; you'll just see more variety of these colorful creatures!

To wrap up the axolotl portion of the weekly, we're featuring some of our favorite axolotl skins submitted this week! In case you missed it, you can now texture the 1.17 goat and axolotl Minecraft Mobs using PMCSkin3D. As it currently stands, there are a total of 28 goat mob skins submissions since the update and 144 axolotl skins - clearly there is a favorite of the two. Some members have even turned the goat into an axolotl (eh-em, FishStacks)... that's how much more liked this mob is. Sorry, goat.. you're... um.. not the GOAT.

Nyan cat Minecraft Skin
Nyan cat by dreamCritting
Axolotl Minecraft Skin
axolotls by Aspirin60
Goatalotl Minecraft Skin
Goatalotl by FishStacks
Axolotl / Glow / Remade / Minecraft size Minecraft Skin
Axolotl/Glow/Remade/Minecraft Size by Yoler_Toons
MY GOSH I JUST WANTED TO TEST IT OUT OHH AXOLOTLS Minecraft Skin
MY GOSH I JUST WANTED TO TEST IT OUT OHH AXOLOTLS by MJ_mcMaster
It's me Minecraft Skin

It's me by Fae-Stricken-Fool

No official interview this week, however you can check out a couple of these new community interviews:
Interview with Spookiium by Winds_
Interview with sonderrr by Winds_

Which dimension do you spend the most time in?
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake