🌍 The PMC Weekly June 22nd, 2019!

PMC's Avatar PMC6/22/19 10:44 am history
32 emeralds 1.3k 7
6/25/2019 6:55 pm
Princessbookbear's Avatar Princessbookbear

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
Skin Contest
You have 2 days left to submit an entry in the Scrapyard Creations Skin Contest! Remember, a good presentation such as a backstory included in your skin submission can increase your score. We've seen a lot of creativity with the stories including one about a robot with big personality, one made from some of the Nintendo gaming systems for family entertainment, and even one that's a scrap security dog. Does your scrapyard skin do anything cool or have a funny personality? Tell us what it's made of!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS
NEW! Community Contests
Kaos_Kitten is celebrating their birthday by hosting a Woodland's Party Skin Contest! You have until Friday, July 19th to submit an entry! Happy belated birthday and best of luck with your contest!

gone- is also hosting a reshade contest for reaching 90 subscribers! They've given you the skin below to reshade! How fun! Congratulations on your subscriber milestone!

Pride [Reshade]
Pride [Reshade contest!] | NightmarΣrRoR Minecraft Skin

Community Contests and Events Ending Soon:

TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Allround contest  Party More ContestSouthDakotaGirlJune 25
Build or skin contestArena of ValorMarkSarmiteJune 30
Allround contestCreate an OCfluffyyyJune 30
Themed eventJamesTDG's Sci-Fi Skin eventJamesTDGJune 30
Reshade  Pride ReshadeKeeksJune 30
Themed contestNice prizes! Food MascotsSquishySieJuly 1
Themed contest  Fantasy!Stubbs1July 1

For a complete list of community events and contests, visit the Community Event Calendar.

Interested in hosting your own contest but not sure where to start? Check out DinowCookie's blog, 10 Steps to organizing a successful contest on PMC!

Hosting a contest and in need of a badge or trophy for your participants? Wildcard_Gamer is taking requests and has limited slots open!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
SUBSCRIBER CELEBRATION!
Princessbookbear did a Q & A with SouthDakotaGirl, who just hit 100 Subscribers on PMC! Woo! In celebration of her subscriber milestone, she created a blog with 25 thank you's! A really sweet way to celebrate and show gratitude.

DISMAL DAYS
What's the weather like where you live? It's so dreary and rainy where MeekEH lives, that they decided to create a skin representing their mood - unimpressed, annoyed and just so tired of the cold wet rain. Rain can sure get you down, we hope the sun shines for you soon!

im so tired of the rain
im so tired of the rain. Minecraft Skin

SNEAK PEEK
creatorLabs
released a small cinematic teaser of their upcoming new resourcepack, CreatorPack! In a wall post, they tease that there will be probably a pre-release of this pack at the end of July this year. For now, you can check out many of their other quality packs including 3DCreatorCraft and 3DSeasons! We're looking forward to seeing their new pack!

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET
PMC Member ThatGuyCalledTiger was featured on Minecraft.net for their build, Westminster Abbey which is a 1.5:1 replica of the real Abbey in England. . Their build was an entry in the Preserving World Heritage Contest.

Westminster Abbey

"I was inspired to make Westminster Abbey because I like the amount of detail that went into making it."

ThatGuyCalledTiger states in the article, where they also reveal that their next project will be their biggest project yet! (Hint: it's a 1:1 scaled build). Read more about the inspirations behind their build here!

FEATURED BLOG
Over on the blog section, Auri just released a thorough and well written blog that goes into detail about color depth and covers the four ways in which color depth is achieved. Auri provides great examples of things like value, contrast and hue unity, and explains why color depth is important and how it plays a role in representing depth in skins. This is truly an educational article and interesting for beginners and experts alike. You'll be sure to benefit from reading this!

Colour Depth

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake