๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly June 7th, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 6/7/20 3:42 pm history
40 emeralds 1.4k 27
6/13/2020 3:51 pm
RystaButAteASock's Avatar RystaButAteASock

Happy Sunday! We have TWO new official contests and one new official event this month, one with UPGRADED prizes! We've partnered with a couple of PMC members this month to bring fresh and unique themes. Woop woop! In addition, there are a handful new community contests and events, several that are ending soon, some community content including a member who had a couple of submissions trend on reddit this week. We've also got a tutorial and adventure map and some adorable animal skins!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!

What's this?! It's our very first official data pack event on Planet Minecraft! In this event that we're hosting alongside Bertiecrafter, everyone gets a chance to contribute to a community Lucky Block data pack. This might be easier than you think; with the help of a framework and tutorial series created by Bertiecrafter

All you do is change a couple lines to get setup and then focus on making "something" happen when the lucky blocks are broken. Even if you feel unsure about your skill set, we encourage you to give it a go!

Deadline: July 5

Visit the forum thread here!
In this month's player skin contest, Aztecs and Egyptians, your goal is to create a skin based off of two of the most fascinating ancient civilizations! Do a little research on Aztecs & Egyptians and let one or both of their cultures inspire the design of your Minecraft player skin.

Please make use of the page description to explain the background of your skin and how it relates to one of the civilizations.

Deadline: June 24
icon
We're teaming up with Cubed to bring you Interior Decorators Contest, with UPGRADED prizes!!
In this contest, you have three homes to choose from below. Click to view further details including floor plans! Choose your favorite and start moving in! Be sure to check out the contest details page and read up on the unique rules for this contest.

Starter Homes and contest prepared Aequotis of the Cubed Community!

Deadline
: June 30
The Blue Lakes
The largest most intricate home.
The Cedar Estate
A Medium sized wooden residence.
The Hazel View
A small quaint abode.

In case you missed the presentation stream of the Procedural Metropolis, it is now available to watch!

Additionally, there has been a name added to the hall of fame! Congratulations to MPendragon413who succeeded in finding the "THING" I hid in the vast city. He has been very smart and persistent in winning in less than 24 hrs after the release.

What's next?
Gheppio teases about another project he's working on. Check out his wall post to learn more!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
In this contest hosted by CerloCasa, you can submit every kind of entry you want: a skin, a mob skin, a resource pack, a map, a data pack... it must relate to the theme of the contest
!
Deadline
: June 20
Pastime Art Contest hosted by WbMystery is a contest in celebration of their 50 subscribers! This contest's theme is your favorite pastime, but not just any pastime. You'll need to do is draw a picture of you doing your favorite thing in Minecraft, as if you were actually inside of the game, passing time with your favorite event.

Examples: Punching a tree for wood, taming an animal, fighting monsters.

There are already some great entries in this contest! Be sure to head over to the forum thread and read all of the details, and peep at the pixel art trophies!

Deadline: June 22
In their second hosted palette challenge, Liounax is challenging you with various shades of pinks and greens! Just look at that pretty palette!

Deadline
: June 30
In "happiness is overrated" palette contest hosted by RystaButAteASock, you're challenged with the following palette:

Additionally, your goal is to create a happy skin! You can enter up to 2 skins in this contest. Player and mob skins are both allowed, too.

Deadline: June 30
RystaButAteASock is also hosting a build contest! In this silly Sock City Map contest, your goal is to create multiple homes that are shaped like socks! Pick your favorite socks from your pile of laundry and make a Minecraft city.

Deadline: August 1

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
๐Ÿ  (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Terraforming ContestTectonic WorldsEndPlayzโšก June 15
๐Ÿ˜ (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Palette ContestDay & Night ๐ŸŒž๐ŸŒ™candayJune 7
Themed ContestThe Great WarPigman Defense AttorneyJune 9
Themed ContestMarvels ๐Ÿฆธ‍โ™€๏ธcool guy GuapoJune 10
Palette Contest
Tropical Palette Contest 
PersonWhoPlaysMinecraft
June 12
Themed ContestThe Waifu Contest ๐Ÿ™Terminant & LynxxCakeJune 14
Themed Contest    
Party!
Chaotic Stupid
June 15
๐Ÿท (Mobskins) Type

Villager ContestThe Nosey Village ๐Ÿ‘ƒSinus ProductionsJune 10
๐ŸŽฎ (Server) TypeTitle + LinkHost / ServerDate / Deadline
PartyParty at Staring Eye Castle ๐Ÿ‘€dreamCrittingJune 14

Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events!

โญOTHER HIGHLIGHTS

This week, we're featuring a few animal themed skins!
๐™ต๐š˜๐šก Minecraft SkinFox by Zelinsky
Pigeon Minecraft SkinPigeon by Aspirin60
Turtles in the blue sea || With with Super HD version in the description Minecraft Skin
Turtles in the blue sea by Nitgo

AN AMAZING ADVENTURE
Break up the mundane cycle of mining, building and farming, and absorb yourself into something different, even if it's just for a few minutes with this adventure map by SpektrumKoylu ! Kaysi is a minigame based adventure map that contains endless adventures, with countless hours of entertainment!

Some of the adventures you'll encounter include a labyrinth, parkour,

Your decisions will determine the end of the story. Download the map here and start your journey!

TREE TUTORIAL
LimeeFox released another tree tutorial, this time on Spruce Trees!

the tutorial states:

"Trees are often one of the most important aspects of terrain or a build. It can totally change the looks and the feels of a build, so better it be a good tree, and not a bad one."

You can check out his How to build a Birch Tree Tutorial here. With these two tutorials you'll be well on your way to creating your own coniferous forest!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
This turtle by Boscawinks is a bit deceiving; especially if you watch the short clip on the reddit thread (we encourage you to do so). This turtle is actually a GIGANTIC 1:1 scale model of the turtle mob! In addition, Since the block palette is limited, the statue didn't look exactly like the turtle mob. To remedy this, Boscawinks created a skin for the turtle mob using the available block palette so the statue looks a lot more like their in game skin.
Block Palette Turtle Minecraft Skin

The reddit thread has over 70,000 upvotes and 800 comments!
In addition to their turtle statue, their rainbow beacon beam also went trending on reddit! The rainbow beacon is a small toggleable beacon circle that creates a 48 color rainbow gradient and due to its' popularity on reddit, Boscawinks made a tutorial on how to create your very own!

The reddit thread currently has over 22,000 upvotes and over 300 comments!

A big congratulations on these milestones!!

Inspired by the sock city map contest, this weeks poll question is:

What socks do you prefer?

Poll ended 06/13/2020 3:42 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake