🌍 The PMC Weekly March 14th, 2020library_books

PMC's Avatar PMC3/14/20 4:37 pm history
27 emeralds 1.6k 12
3/17/2020 10:15 pm
User2945741G's Avatar User2945741G

Happy Weekend, PMCer's! We hope you're having a fabulous Saturday! This week we cover results of the official skin contest, highlight a few new community contests, cover a half-year writing event with 10 chapters from different members, feature a couple of skins from a new member, a tutorial featuring a useful tool on PMCSkin3D, and highlight a few resource packs of various styles! For all that, and more, read on!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

We've wrapped up judging for the Depth of the Nether Skin Contest! Congratulations to the winners! There were a total of 330 entries, all with unique interpretations of the contest theme! We were impressed with the creativity of everyone's skins! You can check out all of the entries here and view the final leaderboard here!
2nd Place
soulfire
by canday

In case you missed it, the first-ever MOB SKIN contest launched last week: Age of the Dragons! In this contest, your task is to create a Minecraft Ender Dragon Mob skin! Which universe is it from? Is it cute and cuddly or is it fierce and fiery? Get creative! Maybe it's cuddly and fiery. As long as you create a dragon, only your imagination is the limit!

TIP: Skinning the Dragon Mob might seem like a daunting task because of it's size; DinowCookie created a tutorial on PMCSkin3D's "clone" tool that may ease your hesitation!

Deadline
: March 23
Tales From the Nether, a writing contest, launched last week and is accepting entries!

Basic Contest Theme Concept:

Write a tale from the Nether. This means base your story on or around the Nether in some way. With the latest Minecraft Snapshot(s), the Nether is getting a significant update. We think it's a good time to capture some of that excitement and wonder in a writing format. Consider exploring the latest snapshots for inspiration, environments, characters, etc. Be sure to read the wonderful writing prompt created by Chiaroscuro!

Deadline
: March 23
icon

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Member haha429 is hosting a skin contest themed Space, the Final Frontier. 👩‍🚀

In this contest, your task is to make a player skin of anything that has to do with space. It can be something from your favorite SciFi universe or something you made up yourself.

Deadline: April 19

Skin creator kappuccino often shares cute looking skins and now they are challenging you to reshade one of their designs in their reshade contest titled siver and v i o l e t!

Don't forget to tag your entry with silverreshade2020

Deadline:
end of March
PMC's word magician Chiaroscuro hosted a very cool writing event titled Simulacrum over the course of the past half-year.

10 writers collaborated in this project. The first writer, ziggy like stardust, got a writing prompt and each following writer was to write the next chapter based on what came before. The entirety of the story, consisting of 10 chapters, is now finished and can be found in this collection. We recommend reading it, especially to fans of Science Fiction!

You can read a summary of the event at this link.

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
Skin ContestConsole CreationsMinecraftMinunToday! March 14
Gift EventMarch 'Secret Santa'Lumina LemonToday! Sign-ups March 14
Themed/Palette Skin Contest>! Retro Avatar Contest !<silversin64March 15
Word Skin Contest2 Word ContestWaterMintMarch 15
Team Skin ContestHeroes vs VillainsVinylReplicaMarch 19
Reshade Skin Contest500 subscheykoMarch 20

Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

New member HPR1000 just joined Planet Minecraft this week and is already impressing us with some wonderful skin-creations! (Welcome, 华龙!)

Among their skins are some designed after the traditional dress of China, their home country. Check them out!

We're looking forward to seeing more work from this new creator! 😁

PMCskin3D got a nice little addition for anyone who prefers a square color wheel over the triangular one it already had available. Paril recently added the option to choose between them!

Speaking of PMCSkin 3D, Last week, we featured a tutorial covering .gpl files (pallet files) and how PMCSkin3D has this powerful tool where you can create, upload, or export color pallets!

This week, another tutorial was created (this one by DinowCookie) covering yet another tool on PMCSkin3D - the Clone tool! These tips and tricks will prove useful, especially with larger mob models like the Ender Dragon!

Did you know PMCSkin3D Has all of these cool tools and features?!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
seabmoby's pack, Animated Gold Veins Netherite Equipment went trending on Reddit this week! Their pack adds gold veins through netherite items and armor models! All Netherite items are animated, adding pizzaz to your protective gear!

Their pack was even featured on YouTuber Simply Sarc's video, "What Else is Missing in the Nether?" Simply Sarc states:

"It's a subtle, animated flare that looks great and makes the set feel much more high end"
MINECRAFT MOVIE!
7 months ago, Ray_Savage released a teaser to their upcoming future SciFi film called "Cyprezz" with an undetermined release date.

This week they announced that the film is being released on March 21st, and we couldn't be more excited! As you could have probably guessed, the film is inspired by our very own cyborg Cyprezz and appears to be as much of a superhero in the film as he is in real life.

....Deceived by something in the darkness in the void that threatens their existence, they face a battle that will put their brave bot to the test.

We're anticipating action, suspense, and adventure and are looking forward to watching this!

PAINT PACK
One of the most unique packs on PMC got an update this week! You may have heard of it, possibly even tried it - the MS-Painted Pack by Stridey!

It's VIBRANT, it's cartoony, it's one-of-a-kind and completely created in Microsoft Paint with a Mouse. Just look at the creeper and zombie below - they're almost approachable! Almost. Stridey only used Microsoft Paint's default color palette of 20 different colors!

The pack now includes all blocks in the Nether and is 1.16 compatible. Animations to lava, water, and the nether portal were also added in the update! Let us know if you try this pack!!

PROFESSIONAL PIXEL PACK
Perhaps the paint pack isn't your style but you might still be in search for something new! Tales of Jobutara Kingdoms by Valerii Kim might be what you're looking for. Professional pixel art that brings a new visual experience and transforms your world into a unique jrpg/ghibli vibe universe!

They state that:
"The idea was to create a resource pack that will bring new fresh experience even for veteran Minecraft players."

They've been hard at work for 2.5 years creating this pack!

Which style of resource pack do you prefer?
PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake