🌍 The PMC Weekly March 28th, 2020library_books

PMC's Avatar PMC3/28/20 2:58 pm history
29 emeralds 2.2k 20
4/6/2020 11:17 pm
silversin64's Avatar silversin64

We've got several new events, both official and community, ranging from household mobs skins to a spring building competition! The blog section was on fire this week, as several members published their artworks. We feature a few of those pieces as well as a beautiful organic build, a couple of cool skins, a super cool tutorial for an underground bunker, a pack with both Bedrock and Java edition, and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

THIS WEEK we launched a 1 week long Mob Skinning Event, Household Items! We're having so much fun watching your entries come in. So far we've seen several varieties of toasters, coffee tables, ovens, glue sticks, aquariums, vacuums, clocks, lamps and more!

Questions? Comments? Ask or tell on official Household Items community event thread!

Deadline: April 1 (next Wednesday).

Right arrow free iconVOTE VOTE VOTE!

how_to_vote 3 DAY VOTE FOR THE SKIN CONTEST THEME!
Winning theme will run for the month of APRIL 2020!

MOVIE NIGHT MADNESS!
Saturday we hosted a community movie Night featuring the full length feature film Cyprezz by Ray_Savage! The movie was suspenseful with twists, turns, and surprises! If you missed this one, don't fret! We will be hosting another fairly soon! Those who participated in Movie Night received the following badge, courtesy of DinowCookie!

CYPREZZ | Full Length Movie - SCI FI MINECRAFT
Cyprezz by Ray_Savage

footage of Cyprezz trying to contain his excitement in a bowl of popcorn

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

RESULTS
The results of the Animals as Humans skin contest. are in! There are a great total of 50 entries ranging from a bat doctor to a sloth wizard, a mafia bunny to a sleepy sheep! Check out the complete list of entries in the spoiler on the original contest thread. D BIG thank-you to everyone who took part, it was amazing to see your creativity with the theme!

Participants have been awarded a Tourist Turtle badge, made by VinylReplica:

2nd Place
Pharaoh Cat
by Inro

The results are also in for Heroes vs. Villains Skin Contest hosted by VinylReplica! Congratulations to the winners!

In addition to the top 3 skins you see below, the Villains Team won the contest overall with an average of 11.62, just .16 points higher than the opposing Heroes team!

A couple of the finalists included some extra artworks - you can see DinowCookie's Rocket Boy in action to the left! Auri created the below picture to show the iterations of their skin submission which we think is quite cool!

NEW!
We have quite a few new community contests that rolled out this week!

Based off of the series DOOM, lloydsmith05 is hosting a Doomed themed skin contest. The contest is accepting both mob and player skins!

Deadline: April 10

Next up we have a skin contest hosted by lunarotic. In this contest, your goal is to create a skin based off of something related to your own personal heritage/culture! Sharing a little history about your heritage is also encouraged.

Deadline: April 15
Gotta catch em' all! In this mob-skin only contest hosted by ArcaneKnight, your goal is to create a Pokemon in the form of a minecraft mob! All 890 Pokemon are allowed! You will be judged on theme, technique, execution and creativity!

Deadline:
April 19
Inro is celebrating their 200 subscriber milestone and hosting a "make yourself skin contest", a contest in which... you create a skin of yourself!

Deadline: End of April
Gamefruitpulp is at it again with a Spring Building Competition! The theme is city!! The city can be of any style: medieval, futuristic, etc.

The top 3 builds will be showcased in a video on Gamefruit's Youtube channel.
The shoutout will include a tour of the build, a shoutout of the creators, and a link to their project! The winner of this month's
competition will get a special rank on my community discord!

You can read more about the Spring Building Competition on the Forum Event Thread

Deadline: April 17

This challenge by CaraRose involves opening Minecraft and posting a pitcure of what the yellow text says! So far we see: "Don't touch your face", "Cough or sneeze into your elbow", and "Save the world - stay inside!". Given current circumstances, this is all advice we should all be listening to and practicing. What does yours say?

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON:
🏠 (Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Chunks CompetitionProgressive Chunks - Medieval LaboratoryCFisGMarch 28
Themed ContestTown contest!MaylindriaMarch 31
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestMysterious EnderKitten101March 28
Themed ContestFavorite book/gameTheCrypteralMarch 30
Themed ContestSuperpowersBizDC & ArcaneKnightMarch 31
Reshade Contestsilver and violetkappuccinoEnd of March
Themed ContestDungeons, Crawlers and BossesDe Taco KingApril 1
Themed ContestMythicalelfie_April 4

Be sure to head over to the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

🍄 SKINS

This toadstool skin by User3747 is absolutely adorable! The earthy tones and the style of the beanie and backpack make a fantastic fungi!
toadstool 🍄 Minecraft Skin
mythicaljay's Pheonix skin submission this week is inspired Nighthearted, who recommended them do a bird skin months ago. The Pheonix skin features golden yellow feathers and a pointy gray beak. It's also an entry for elfie_'s Mythical Contest - The entry states:

"Phoenix could have been the ancient predecessor of the jay and therefore a mythical jay "

Fun Fact: the Pheonix also symbolizes renewal and resurrection!
Phoenix Minecraft Skin

🍩 BEDROCK!
About one year ago, legopitstop and Sir_Craftypants created a pack that adds "Lots More Food" to Minecraft Java. This week, they published the Bedrock Edition of their pack! Woo! The pack adds 50+ new food items and also includes the MorePlants pack to get the food. Satisfy that sweet tooth with donuts and icecream, or cook yourself a sunny side up egg and toast for breakfast! Multiplayer and Singleplayer friendly :)

🔨 BUILD BATTLE BUILDS
DinowCookie submitted 14 of her Build Battle Designs this week! All of the designs were created while playing Build Battle (solo mode) on Hypixel, so they each follow a building prompt from the game. She re-built them in a singleplayer creative world so she could share! You can download and climb on a bunny, burger, popocorn, a giraffe or superman!

She also made another submission that includes another 10 Build Battle Builds! This collection includes a Donut, Treasure, Cherries, and a bell (just to name a few!)

🐸 ORIGINAL ORGANIC
Team Pamplemousse made their first submission in 6 months with this beautiful masterpiece called "The Aquatic Hunter". The original organic features lovely lilly pads, and a blue fierce wolf hunting a yellow frog with black spots. A remarkable project! Render by wazerfighter!

🌸 BEAUTIFUL BLOGS
We saw some beautiful art in the blog section this week! -Evie shared with us some of her digital art of her OC as well as watercolor attempts, pencil drawings of mermaids and more! It's her second blog submission, the last one being 2 years ago!

We particularly loved the spring vibes from the piece to the right, with the light greens, sherbert oranges and blush pinks. The red robin and floral garland especially gives us the spring feel!
-Rae- deactivated published a photo on their wall of a physical art piece they made featuring different textures: we love the use of buttons, newspaper and cardboard scraps! They all work seamlessly together to create an uplifting, unique piece!

Below are portraits made by etqtay, who published them in an Art Blog. We love the variety of work's shes' published, including the oriental portrait she titled "Chinese New Years". Her persona piece is full of color and character, with heart shaped barrettes, skulls, harts, and cat ears!
Chinese New Years
persona
Getting Noticed

mask girl thingy by FloatingRabbits
MORE ARTWORK SUBMISSIONS THIS WEEK

Art request by Fia Rue

demon artwork by Lexrooni

🎬 FEATURED YOUTUBER
This week's featured YouTuber is SheepGG! Their account was established in January of this year and features several minecraft building tutorials including how to build a boat, car build hacks and ideas, how to build an ultimate oak survival farm, and many more!

What we love most about their tutorials is the presentation. They show you the materials and amount you'll need prior to tackling the project and the blue print. The music is quite lovely as well.

In their most recent tutorial, they show you how to construct THE ultimate underground base! The result is a massive bunker with a roof of oak slab and campfire, an underground farm with a glass ceiling for sun exposure! The bunker can accommodate not only your family, but your friends as there are multiple rooms, beds, chests and stoves to suffice!

PMCSKIN3D UPDATE!

You can now share palettes via the 'Share Palette' dropdown item! It will give you a URL you can use to share a palette with others. If you click one, you will have a temporary palette for as long as you keep using that URL. You can save the palette to your list via the Save Imported Palette dropdown item.

ZombieVillagerYT created a showcase video of Top Notch's free Elves skin pack! The free skin pack contains 14 different elf skins with 7 different elven races including Aquatic, Dark, Forest, High, Sun, Moon and snow!

Team Top Notch currently has 4 free skin packs available. In addition to their Elves Skin Pack, the following are also free to use:

Village and Pillage
Knights of the Round Table
Baroque Skin Collaboration

SNAPSHOT 20W13A
Take a Walk on the Lava Pond - Snapshot 20w13a is out!
Shireen's snapshot video goes over most of the new features including the new lodestone block and the new mob, strider! She shows you how to attract the new mob and ride it through lava!

Strider.gif
Strider
Lodestone JE1.png
Lodestone

Which piece of advice is hardest for you to follow?
(and how will you try to be better)

Poll ended 04/03/2020 2:58 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake