🌍 The PMC Weekly March 8th, 2020

PMC's Avatar PMC3/8/20 10:53 am history
28 emeralds 1.1k 28
3/10/2020 2:59 pm
Kitten101's Avatar Kitten101
We have a lot to cover this week! We're especially delighted to see several new community hosted contests and events! We also have a skin designed after real life horses, a project and skin collaboration that includes a free world download and 16 skins, a tree pack, and a couple of tutorials!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

Tales From the Nether, a writing contest, launched this week and is accepting entries!

Basic Contest Theme Concept:

Write a tale from the Nether. This means base your story on or around the Nether in some way. With the latest Minecraft Snapshot(s), the Nether is getting a significant update. We think it's a good time to capture some of that excitement and wonder in a writing format. Consider exploring the latest snapshots for inspiration, environments, characters, etc.
Be sure to read the wonderful writing prompt created by Chiaroscuro!

Deadline: March 23

It's the contest you've all been waiting for! We're hosting the first ever MOB SKIN contest: Age of the Dragons! Theme chosen by the community in this poll.

In this contest, your task is to create a Minecraft Ender Dragon Mob skin. Which universe is it from? Is it cute and cuddly or is it fierce and fiery? Get creative! Maybe its' cuddly and fiery. As long as you create a dragon, only your imagination is the limit!

Deadline
: March 23

Age of Dragons Minecraft Mob Skin Contest : Now Live! Open for entries!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
elfie_ is hosting a Mythical Skin Contest
Your entry must be tagged "EJmythical", 100% your own work and related to the theme mythical.

Mythical: occurring in or characteristic of myths or folk tales. Synonyms: fairy-tale, fictional, fantasy

1st, 2nd and 3rd place frecieve pixel trophies and participants receive a badge! Be sure to visit the contest page for a complete list of rules and details!

Deadline: April 4
BizDC is hosting their first contest ever - Superpowers! Head over to the forum thread and pick one of the superpowers listed. There are over 30 to choose from (who knew that many superpowers existed?!)! Then, make a superhero or villain skin with a concept and backstory.

1st, 2nd, and 3rd place receive trophies! Which power will you choose?

Deadline: March 31
Marma is celebrating 400 subscribers with a reshade contest titled Soda Pop!

Deadline:
April 10

Lumina Lemon is celebrating 90 subscribers by throwing a March "secret santa". In addition to your secret santa skin/art, you'll receive a participation badge!

: March 14

Just25Savage is hosting a skin-contest with Space Research as as the theme. "Examples are NASA, ISRO, astronauts, space creatures, asteroids, and more!" Don't forget to tag your entry with "JSSpaceResearch"!

Deadline
: April 5
| Soda Pop | ~* Marma *~ 400 Subs Re-Shade! Minecraft Skin
Wildcard_Gamer challenges the skin-creators of PMC with yet another creative contest concept! In Dark vs Light, you join either VinylReplica's dark team or DragonsDungeon's light team.

Each team is restricted to either the dark or the light half of the 'lightness' spectrum for creating a player skin.

After the deadline, each skin will be judged and the average of scores determines the winning team! Luckily each team has a skilled skin-creator as captain, who can help participants with their entry in a dedicated Discord server for this contest.

Deadline: April 11

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed ContestConsole CreationsMinecraftMinunMarch 14
Themed/Palette Contest>! Retro Avatar Contest !<silversin64March 15
Word Contest2 Word ContestWaterMintMarch 15

As always, you can visit the Community Event Calendar for the complete list of Community Events and Contests!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

DragonsDungeon's most recent skin, vegabond caught a lot of attention this week. He also made a wall post showing the progression of the head/helmet.

"Basically each step but the last one entails adding one extra colour to the previous iteration. This allows you to see, that even in the basic stage (2 colours) you can already see the overall direction the final skin will be."

HAPPY HORSES
This week, Campestral created realistic Minecraft versions of their horses: Cam and Hazel. Cam is the younger horse, at 4 years old and fluffy ears! Hazel is described as being a grumpy old lady.

Campestral gives history yours while driving horse-drawn carriages led by these two equines!

Be sure to check out the submission for photos of Cam and Hazel IRL!

This is my horse. But I made him in Minecraft. Minecraft Skin

COLLABORATION
Build team Aeonis and skin making team Top Notch collaborated to present to you a beautiful baroque bundle that includes a world with several buildings and gorgeous gardens, and a pack with 16 skins inspired by the 18th century!

Both are free to download! Grab some friends, suit up in one of the skins and immerse yourself in a beautifully crafted world showing that very era. Revel in baroque splendour and enjoy the vivid atmosphere!

Renders by RobotPants

TERRIFIC TREES
Spruce up your world with this 200+ tree pack by Wet! Snow topped trees, trees with orange-yellow leaves, each of these 200+ trees will certainly change the look and feel of your world!

In the submission he also shares with you his main method for creating trees like these, so you can make your very own!

TRENDING ON REDDIT
Digs pack, Simple Pack went trending on reddit this week with over 25,000 upvotes and over 400 comments!

The pack is described as "a simplistic twist on the default minecraft textures, filling the world with pretty patterns while maintaining the default minecraft feel."

The pack has 8x8 textures and includes new sprites for every block, particle, armor, item and GUI!

Download it here!
Post image

TUTORIALS

We saw some terrific tutorials on the blog section this week!

One of PMCSkin3D's powerful tools is the ability to export and import color pallets! This can be super useful especially if you're participating in a pallet contest or event. Some of you may not know about this feature, or if you do, maybe you don't know how to use it to its' full potential. silversin64 created an in-depth tutorial covering this tool and all of its' magic!

Our second featured tutorial by DinowCookie shows you how to recolor your skins in Paint.net! Additionally, she also shows you how to post the variations of your skin in the description of your original. See her example, Romecraft (+3 versions)!

Note: only recolor your own, self-made skins!

Popular Blog : How to Upload Pallet (.gpl) Files onto PMCSkin3D!

In this week's poll:

If you were to live in a different time period, when would it be?
(and why?)

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake