🌍 The PMC Weekly November 21st, 2020chrome_reader_mode

43 emeralds18 replies870 views
PMC started 11/21/2020 9:16 am history
I Play Among Us replied 11/23/2020 10:36 am

Happy weekend! TODAY is the 1st Enderdragon PMC Survival Community Event! Be sure to verify your account on the server if you want to join! Must be a level 5 PMC member to enter the survival portal!

This week's weekly is packed full of really fun maps, including a maze maker, a couple of gorgeous organics, and a few RTX Maps! We also have a data pack tutorial series update, some axolotl skins, and an interview! A

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

It's time to get CRAFTY! Welcome to a friendly papercraft photography competition! In celebration of the 10-year anniversary, we added ACCESSORIES to the papercraft section; meaning you can dress up your papercraft as much as you want! We want you to create a fun scene using these new accessories and a papercraft skin! All of these instructions listed below will be on the Papercraft menu.

Deadline: November 30
There are a little over two weeks left to submit an entry into our special edition 10 year anniversary event! We have over 500 entries so far! Help us celebrate our birthday month! You can enter up to 5 celebratory themed submissions. If your entry doesn't immediately seem related to the theme, be sure to include a short explanation in the description to tell us why it does!

Deadline: November 30
https://i.imgur.com/4EnmTup.png

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

TODAY
is the 1st
Enderdragon PMC Survival Community Event!
Suit up in your toughest armor and arm yourselves with your strongest

Where:
play.planetminecraft.com
Meet at spawn near the fountain. We will travel to the portal together!

When:
20:00 UTC
12:00 PST
3:00 EST

Be sure to read the forum thread for all of the details!
Skinners Olympics hosted by BlossomBoop is an event where participants will be placed into teams. Members of the same team will compete against other teams in the same division as them. Sign up information is in the forum thread as well as Olympics and other important information, so be sure to visit it!

Deadline: January 2021

Banner made by Meiolki

COMMUNITY CONTESTS AND EVENTS ENDING SOON
😁 (Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Themed Contest
Swordmasters, Gunslingers, Witches & More
N0thing_but_s1lence
November 28
Themed Event
Fanvember
mellieee_
November 30
Palette Contest
𝓟𝓪𝓵𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽RainbowGirl8910
November 30
👽 (Other) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline
Coloring Event  
PMC 10 Year Anniversary Coloring Event
DinowCookie
November 30
Allround Event  
Planet Minecraft's 10 Year Anniversary
PMC
November 30

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

The "best" Mob Skin submitted this week includes three different Axolotl designs by three different members. First, we have a rather humanoid version of the axolotl in rare "buff" form. The small amphibian can usually be seen walking on all fours, but not this version. In fact, we're not even sure if we'd approach this one. Aspirin and WallE stayed true to the quadrupedal pals, using different mob skin models

The buffest axolotl in the sea Minecraft Skin
The buffest axolotl in the sea by Nitgo
Axolotl Minecraft Skin
Axolotl by Aspirin60
Axolotl (Caves & Cliffs) Minecraft Skin
Axolotl (Caves & Cliffs) by WallEtheRobot

TUTORIAL UPDATE
Bertiecrafter added the 10th installment in his Function Data Pack for Dummies series. This chapter discusses each of the different text files that weren't covered in previous chapters, and where to find the text files JSON structure.

This series of tutorials will teach you how to create your very own data packs, assuming you know absolutely nothing about commands. Data packs can contain a number of things, but only functions and tags will be covered in these posts. In every part, I assume you've read the previous parts.

The next tutorial is going to be an in-depth walkthrough visiting several of these JSON files.

You can see the table of contents and read a full overview here and access all of the tutorials in this collection.

MAGNIFICENT MACHINE
Gheppio is back with another self-replication creation! This machine is called the "Maze Solving Unit" or MSU for short and is a self-replicating pathfinder module that is capable of exploring and solving complex mazes. You can see it in action to the right. If expands and explores all paths, detect dead ends, retracts from dead ends, and stabilizes itself to form a continuous line, ultimately solving the maze!

Subsequent to the MSU release was the release of MazeMaker V 1.0, which allows you to put the MSU in action by creating and testing your very own maze! Download the map, open a map chest, and use brick blocks to draw the maze layout, then fill all the empty corridors with glass panels. Play with friends and solve each other's maze, or try speed-running with them!

OUTSTANDING ORGANICS
Gabersid submitted a couple of amazing organics this past week. They state in each submission that both were made a while ago, but are just now submitting them.

The Continent Whale was the first that caught our eye. We first saw it on Twitter and just HAD to hunt it down to feature it here. This smooth animation makes this build come to life, as the whale weaves gracefully above clouds.

Natures' second build submitted this week was a bit different from the Continent whale but no less impressive. FEAR features a mass of skulls a top of a city. Nature'sWrath was interviewed for this project by Minecraft!

Animation by JoeBricksy

FEAR by Gabersid

RTX FLEX
RTX-powered ray tracing arrived this year for the Bedrock Edition Windows 10 platform, providing amazing graphical improvements through better lighting and shading creating realistic hard and soft shadows, reflections and illuminations. Provided you have the appropriate NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and Bedrock Window's 10, your Minecraft world will look insanely more detailed than ever before!

With the new GeForce RTX 30 Series GPU's released by NVIDIA in September 2020, kimandjax was given the opportunity to create THREE Minecraft maps for NVIDIA! Each of them highlights the striking illumination and power of the new RTX GPU's! They can all be seen below. Two of the three projects have downloads for both Bedrock and Java!

NVIDIA - RTX KINGDOM CENTRE TOWER by kimandjax

NVIDIA - RTX BURJ KHALIFA by kimandjax

NVIDIA RTX Pirate Treasure Island by kimandjax

In addition to these three RTX maps, NicoRTX submitted a pack this week titled Anime Realistic Japanese PBR Textures! The pack is specifically for the use of RTX featuring textures that are meant to be used for anime, Japanese, and ray-tracing videos!

To show off their pack they also submitted a map that features a typical Japanese street. You can download the pack here, and the map here!

INTERVIEW TIME

This week's interview is with....

Want more interviews? The following is a list of interviews submitted to the blog section this week:

Interview with loveanimals4good by ShadowFall6300
Interview with soft_coekii by ShadowFall6300
Interview with CaelChan by Valkyrien_
Interview with Marma by Valkyrien_
Interview with mellieee_ by Valkyrien_
Interview with Michiru by Haunted_Berry

Will you be joining us on the server to fight the Ender Dragon?
Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 78 : Legendary Cake

18 replies

11/23/2020 10:36 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Blacksmith
I Play Among Us
i gave every body a emerald that typed stuff n chat so type n chat if you want one :)
11/23/2020 10:29 amhistory
Level 31 : Artisan Wolf
-wolfix-
i would like to fight the dragon, but minecraft will not let me into servers.
11/23/2020 10:34 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Blacksmith
I Play Among Us
same
11/22/2020 9:05 pm
Level 47 : Master Magical Girl
Spongegar15
@ShadpwFall6300 interviews me too!
11/22/2020 9:09 pm
Level 25 : Expert Mage
ShadowFall6300
😄👍
11/22/2020 8:20 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
itsyourdailyvideos
idk what i'm doing XD i just like making skins for other people :)
11/23/2020 1:48 am
Level 46 : Master Lego Builder
kimandjax
Thank you so much guys for the mention! ♥
11/22/2020 9:10 pmhistory
Level 25 : Expert Mage
ShadowFall6300
What's the server send me the address? I will probably start off scratch maybe? And thanks for the mention :D
11/22/2020 12:21 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Mage
helloooooooooooo
I wish but my computer won’t let me play on servers
:(
11/21/2020 9:09 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Waffle
Imaguy121
Lol I don’t have Java because I don’t have a computer
11/21/2020 10:19 am
Level 49 : Master Bunny
Valkyrien_
Thank you for the mention in the Interviews section. :)
11/21/2020 9:23 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Artist
rainyafternoon
there is no maybe/probably not button for the thingy so *clicks imaginary button*

also first???
11/21/2020 12:17 pm
Level 45 : Master Dragon
Icebreaker_CZ
Feels good to see my papercraft creations in PMC weekly ngl
11/21/2020 11:59 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Cyborg
Bertiecrafter
Hey! Thanks for the mention :D
11/21/2020 11:12 am
Level 48 : Master Pirate
Gabersid