Forumskeyboard_arrow_right PMC keyboard_arrow_right News

Create Forum Thread

🌍 The PMC Weekly November 23rd, 2019

25 emeralds23 replies946 views
created 11/23/2019 9:45 am by PMC history
last reply 11/29/2019 3:29 am

Happy Saturday! We've got a lot to cover! Our official Project contest with Barbarian is quickly approaching, we finally
finished the fall festival review, SKINMAS is upon us, one of our members took a daycation to a multiverse, and Minecraft is on FIRE with updates, and new shenanigans. Here we go!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

**Deadline Approaching ALERT**
This is your last weekend to work on your submission for the Undiscovered Civilizations Project Contest!!
DEADLINE: NOVEMBER 25th - 2DAYS

icon

In case you missed it, we published a summary of the Fall Festival Event, which you can read here!

Keep your eyes peeled for upcoming contests and events!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS
NEW!
Gamefruitpulp
is hosting another contest for the months of November & December. The theme for this one is winter town. He emphasizes that you don't have to build an entire town and can build one building if you prefer. You can work with a team or solo! We're looking forward to seeing some festive submissions!

Deadline: December 21st

SEASONAL SKIN PROMPT
We love seasonal skin prompts!The holiday cheer is spreading with Skinmas prompts! Skinmas works like Skintober, where you make a skin every day in December following the prompts on the list. ElvenJedi created a 12 Days of Skinmas prompt if you don't want to fully commit to 25 days. Be sure to tag your skins with #12DaysOfSkinmas2019!

If you're looking for the full 25 day challenge, Huskys_R_Awsome published their skinmas prompt list, pictured below!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS ENDING SOON!
(Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed contest  Movie Themed Build ContestSir_CraftypantsNovember 25
Themed Contest
November Farm  
CaraRose
November 30
Themed Contest
Single Color Build Contest
LAKottke
November 30
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Reshade Contest  
100 Sub Reshade
hypnotise
November 25
Themed Contest
Statues
LemilasTheElf
November 30
Palette Event  
Huevember
Wildcard_Gamer
November 30
Themed Contest
Expectingly Bad Skin Contest
Tryxn
November 30
Palette Contest
Palette Contest - 40 Sub Special
PickleCat
November 30

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

A most peculiar event occurred this week. On November 17th it was actor, director, producer, and filmmaker Danny DeVito's 75th birthday. Danny DeVito is mostly known for his part in the television show It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia,b has played in many other television series and movies. With a collective team effort between Carcharodontosaurus, Romto_, and Terminant "The Devito" event was created in celebration of Danny DeVito's birthday. Members around PMC created a variety of DeVito skins, all of which you can check out in this collection made by event organizer and contributor Romto_ (who, himself, made over 10 DeVito skins for this event!). There are currently 32 skins in the collection including the Lorax, which he voice acted for in 2012. Also notable is this skin by Campestral that plays off of Danny's last name, changing it from DeVito to DeVi-TOE. The FaiyaBLAST also made a skin playing off of Danny's last lame - Danny DeCheeto.

For the Trees (Happy 75th Birthday Danny DeVito) Minecraft Skin
For the Trees by VinylReplica
Danny Devi-Toe Minecraft Skin
Danny Devi-TOE by Campestral
Danny Decheeto [Happy 75th Birthday Danny Devito!] Minecraft Skin
Danny DeCheeto by The FaiyaBLAST

AMAZING ART
Have you ever heard of Meow Wolf the House of Eternal Returns? We hadn't until we stumbled upon Star Craft Network's blog post detailing his recent visit there with his girlfriend! They traveled all of the way from Arizona to New Mexico to visit this unique place. Here is an excerpt from Star's project page:

"Hidden inside were gateways to a multiverse containing infinite planes of existence..."

Inside you'll find many forms of art including sculptures, paintings, photography and architecture. With secret passages and portals and more mesmerising art exhibits you can imagine, you're truly immersed at Meow Wolf.

They aim to challenge the "norm" of art and embrace weirdness. You can visit Meow Wolf's official site to learn more about it's purpose!

BARE BONES OR BUST!
One of our all time favorite texture packs on PMC got an update this week! We're talking about BARE BONES by RobotPantaloons, of course! If you haven't checked out their texture pack, you should because it could very well be your new favorite! This pack is simplistic, stripping down the default Minecraft textures to it's "Bare Bones". The pack is vibrant, colorful and fun!

It's most recent update this week added MOD support for the following mods:
  • 1.14 Biomes 'o' Plenty - by Jim
  • 1.12 Biomes 'o' Plenty - by Jim
  • 1.14 Traverse - by Jim
  • 1.14 Terrestria - by Jim
  • 1.12 Storage Drawers - by Useless
  • 1.12 Botania - by Useless
They state that "More support for mods is being developed", so stay tuned!

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET
TomatoN
was featured in an article on Minecraft.net for two of their builds! The first, Castle Dyed in the Morning Glow, is perched up on a mountain with a small village at the base. You can get to the castle from the village with a short hike up a set of stairs. The second, Old Castle That Flutters in the Wind, is similarly set on a mountain however, you'll find something different than a village at the base of this Chateau. Another notable difference is the achitecture of the roofs. Read about the inspiration behind the architecture of each castle and more here!

Castle Dyed in the Morning Glow

Old Castle That Flutters in the Wind

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, we saw a couple of members make wall posts this week about who they're thankful for. Shout out to Fawne and Kirigiri

WEBSITE UPDATES

Cyprezz was talking with Mr Jay about the upcoming Youtube changes and it looks like it only gets more difficult over time to grow your channels.

In an effort to help out fellow PMC content creators, your Youtube and other social media will now appear with your avatar on your submissions. I hope this will help you grow your channels, increase your livestream audience, and build up your bird nests.

• Revised private message design
  • Revised PMC & member thread promotional period in our feeds (bumped via replies)
  • Prepping for two major updates, one will optimize all images on the website and the other will introduce an entirely new section....

MINECRAFT NEWS

MINECRAFT DUNGEONS
Minecraft just announced the release date of Minecraft Dungeons! You'll be able to play this game starting in April of 2020! Woo!

In case you missed it, Minecraft Dungeons is an action adventure game inspired by classic dungeon crawlers, made by, of course, Minecraft. In this new game, you'll battle new mobs, power up and unlock unique items and weapon enchantments, be able to play with up to four players on a team in local AND online co-op modes and even personalize your character!

MINECRAFT 1.15 PRERELEASE!
Minecraft 1.15 is coming December 10th! The 1.15 on the surface level adds bees and bee related items but the release will also focus on bug fixes and quality and performance improvements.

This week, they rolled out the first 1.15 prerelease and there's already been some discussion on it; this particular forum post by Minecraftian8887 expresses 1.15 isn't ready while this post by slicedlime on reddit aims to clear up some confusion, answer some questions, and possibly alleviate worries.

To read the complete list of additions, changes and fixes, visit the Minecraft Wiki page!

MINECRAFT EARTH
Last week, we asked you if you've tried Minecraft Earth yet. The results are in! The majority of you said that you haven't tried it, but are planning on it, while 43 out of 205 members say they've tried it already. The comments section is filled with positive reviews, one member saying "It is the BEST AR APP EVER! recommend for everyone!"

With all of the updates and new games rolling out, our questions for you this week is.....

Which one are you most excited for?

Poll ended 11/29/2019 9:45 am.

Posted by avatar
PMC
Support
Level 73 : Legendary Cake

comment Login or register to post a reply.

23 replies

11/29/2019 3:20 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Satinmist
Its nice that Mojang is adding new content. Keeping the game fresh is always good especially with something that the same day in day out, if you play it as much as I do.
11/25/2019 12:22 pm
Level 45 : Master Lad
Romto_
I made 14 skins for it btw XD
11/29/2019 3:29 am
Satinmist
What skins did you make?
Have you got a preview?
11/25/2019 4:13 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Archer
Arquero
Neat.
11/24/2019 6:28 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Caveman
Carcharodontosaurus
I might be nitpicking now. But but but but... I think, if I am not mistakened, that Danny Devito only appeared in 1 episode of Friends. He is however, appearing in almost every episode of the tv-show called "It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia", starring as a main character, named "Frank Reynolds".
11/24/2019 10:33 am
Level 40 : Master Technomancer
Wildcard_Gamer
didnt romto organize and run the event tho
11/24/2019 11:34 am
PMC
we were unaware. We've revised the summary
11/25/2019 2:15 amhistory
ThursdayMorning
there is minecraft earth?
thursday is bother
already dig much minecraft earth with shovel yes?
11/24/2019 11:06 amhistory
Level 22 : Expert Pixel Painter
MildlyPanda
There were a lot of people participating in the Devito thing, but some users just never got around to making a Devito skin :/
11/24/2019 11:22 am
Level 45 : Master Lad
Romto_
cool to see the devito event here.
XD
11/23/2019 10:59 am
Level 55 : Grandmaster Caveman
Carcharodontosaurus
I think Romto_ should be given a little more credit for the event. I may be the one who came up with the idea for the event initially, but Romto pretty much kept the whole process running, while I sat neck-deep in physical biochemistry. He was also responsible for recruiting people to the event as well, together with Terminant .
11/24/2019 11:33 am
PMC
apologies. we've revised the summary
11/23/2019 10:30 amhistory
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
Random passerby just letting you know the Devito event happened in large part thanks to all of Romto_, Terminant (even though he didn't post any skins) and not just Carcha (who initially planned the event). And that Romto played a huge part, if not the biggest part, in keeping the event running. Moreover, he was a huge factor in the event even containing as many skins as it did as he made over 10 skins (:
11/24/2019 11:22 amhistory
PMC
alright, thanks for the info! We were unaware and revised the paragraph.
11/25/2019 3:25 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
Cheers, it's not big deal, I know this is already a ton of work to get right, especially when it's weekly like this! (:
11/24/2019 8:03 pmhistory
Level 28 : Expert Network
Star Craft Network
Lol Poor PMC, I suppose facts are facts tho right? Love your work and thank you for the epic platform!
11/24/2019 8:04 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Waffle
Imaguy121
Well for mobile I’m actually exited for 1.16 but yeah 1.15 will still be fun
11/23/2019 11:14 am
Level 34 : Artisan Dragon
The FaiyaBLAST
*sees that I got mentioned*
Y E E T !
11/23/2019 10:22 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Artist
Minecraftian8887
I'm most excited for minecraft dungeons, It looks really fun to play and with friends it's going to be even better!
11/23/2019 10:35 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Pixel Painter
RobotPantaloons
So cool to get mentioned in the PMC Weekly! Thank you <3
11/23/2019 10:15 am
Star Craft Network
Thank you for the shout-out PMC!

I had an awesome time and I'm glad I could share with the community! ♥️
11/23/2019 11:23 am
Star Craft Network
Also want to give a big thank you to Cyprezz for adding the social media buttons under our avatars on our PMC submissions :D
11/23/2019 9:59 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Architect
Gamefruitpulp
Thanks for mentioning my contest! I'm looking forward to seeing some great builds 😁

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Website

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome