🌍 The PMC Weekly November 30th, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC11/30/19 3:31 pm history
28 emeralds 1.2k 18
12/4/2019 1:00 pm
SolidRockGaming's Avatar SolidRockGaming

Happy weekend, PMCer's Now that the month of November is winding down, we're seeing some winter-y themed community content around the site including new events and creative skins! The results of a few community contests are in this week as well. December first is TOMORROW and that means one thing...... can you guess?!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

We're in the final judging phase of the Undiscovered Civilizations Project Contest!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

NEW!
FireBellFairy is hosting a Secret Santa Event! You have until December 3rd (Tuesday) to sign up! You will be assigned your Secret Santa the following day, December 4th. The event page states:

"You must begin working on an OC (mainly their biography; name, age, backstory, race, etc.), please put effort into each detail of the OC. You may make a skin/drawing for your Secret Santa as long as it is appropriate for all ages."

RESULTS

RESULTS are in for elfie_'s Skin Contest, Elven1k!
Congratulations to all winners and participant

1st Place
"elfie" by Angel Devil
"The color composition is beautiful, the red in the green hair and the lighter colors against darker colors, and it is overall just a pleasing skin."

- Miku (Judge)
2nd Place
"palmtop wonderland" by memora
"It's totally original, and the technique is almost flawless. The hue-shifting is beautiful, and the unique shading style really ties the whole skin together. I can't think of anything I don't like about the skin."

- ElvenJedi (host & Judge)
3rd Place
"Emerald Eyes" by Zulphiroo
"It's colors are very vibrant, it really stands out. [...] The asymmetrical clothing is shaded beautifully, and the whole skin is so vibrant, regal,and elegant looking. Overall, this skin is executed very well."

-ElvenJedi (host & judge)

hypnotise also announced the winners of their 100 subscriber re shade contest! They state in their result announcement that:

"these results were one of the hardest things I've ever had to decide, literally every single person had an amazing entry and tbh I wasn't even expecting anybody to enter..and here we areI could literally say something about every single skin because they are all so beautiful and creative, + every single one was unique which i absolutely love tysm to everyone who entered, it was a lot of fun <33"

TLDR; they're appreciative of all of the love and support and were impressed by all of your skins. It wasn't an easy decision to choose the winners. Congratulations to all!

1st Place peanut butter and jellyfish by mcrjellyfish
2nd Place
Strawberries on a Summer Evenin' by elfie_

can we kiss forever anxii
3rd Placeodd socks by tea and cuddles

Results are also in for Tryxn's Expectingly Bad Skinning Contest who marked the results by three categories: laughableness, quality of bad and originality.
1st Placea literal joke Minecraft Skin literal joke by vamp1e
2nd Place
a very NICE woman | ce | LilyBlossom6 Minecraft Skina very NICE woman by liIy
3rd Place
sweaty armpits Minecraft Skinsweaty armpits by sht

COMMUNITY EVENTS ENDING SOON:
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
No-Themed Contest
Bin-Skin Battle 11 "Free-styler"
Carcharodontosaurus
December 2
In-Game Competition!
Christmas Skin Competition in Hypixel
elfie_
December 7
Themed Challenge
12 Days of Skinmas
elfie_  
Dec. 1-12 OR Dec. 14-25

⭐OTHER HIGHLIGHTS
WINTER WONDERLAND
Pretend you're living in the arctic year round in your world with this pack by Futureazoo! updated this week, this pack keeps the default style of Minecraft but gives your world a chilly vibe by replacing the grass with snow, and adding icy details and a winter-themed GUI.

Optifine is strongly recommended!

Logo

SEASONAL SKINS
With the passing of of November, brings on the winter feels and the beginning of Christmas and winter theme skin and project submissions! bobshoulder created a Christmas version of their OC Bob. MinervaSae created a skin all bundled up with a festive green, red and white pullover, a red scarf, and a Santa Claus hat ! Similarly, PickleCat created a skin bundled up in a sage green sweater and blush pink scarf - topped off with an adorable bow in their hair! We're looking forward to seeing more festive, fun skins this coming winter!

🎄 Joyful Colors 🎄 Minecraft Skin
Joyful Colors by MinervaSae
Christmas Bob Minecraft Skin
Christmas Bob by bobshoulder
All wrapped up for Winter 〈𝓟𝖎𝖈𝓴𝖑𝖊𝕮𝖆𝖙〉 (Reshade Contest) Minecraft Skin
All wrapped up for Christmas by PickleCat

TERRIFIC TERRAIN
We saw some lovely terrain submissions this week!

After taking an extended break from terraforming, jetley created a 2k x 2k survival friendly Island map using WorldPainter. They not only published this map on PMC, but reddit as well and received over 5,000 upvotes!

Jungle River Valley terrain crafted by Evmanz is a result of wanting to work on a project involving rivers. We think they've done an excellent job with winding the rivers and streams between mountain ridges and trees.

DeltaResearch's snowy mountain range terrain is giving us all of the winter feels. Titled "Strata MK. II", it is said that the mountain range has been eroded away with centuries of snow and wind and its' supposed "terracing to be the claw marks of some ancient being.

A CITY IN SECONDS
Gheppio created this timelapse gif of his most recent project,The PillarHex District. This project uses his infamous self-replicating technology which we covered in great length in our interview with him last month.

Though the city was created automatically, there were several steps carried through over the course of 7 days to create this colony. Every house and tower has stairs and furniture among other intricate details and elements.

RENDER REQUESTS
KudoDerg
is accepting render requests until the 1st of December! If you'd like to get a minecraft lightroom render similar to the one on the left, just private message them or reply to their thread with your MC skin (It's recommended to upload url of MC skin image) or your Minecraft Username. Make sure that your Minecraft skin must be 1.8 and above (64x64) and in PNG format!

MINECRAFT NEWS
MINECRAFT 1.15 PRERELEASE 3
There's just over a week left until 1.15! The third pre-release was published this week. The changes this time were:
  • Tweaked chunk loading and rendering performance further
  • Made text colors on signs match how they looked in previous versions
  • Made sure foxes are not players
  • Fixed bugs
To install the pre-release, open up the Minecraft Launcher and enable snapshots in the "Installations" tab.

You can find the complete list of bug fixes by clicking here.

POLL RESULTS
Last week we asked you if you were most excited for Minecraft Earth, Minecraft Dungeons, or Minecraft 1.15. Over half replied with Minecraft 1.15, with Minecraft Dungeons coming in second.

If you could master ONE skill, and not know any others, which would you choose?

Poll ended 12/04/2019 3:31 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake