🌍 The PMC Weekly September 14th, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC9/15/19 11:30 am history
9/24/2019 6:22 pm
LivingRellik's Avatar LivingRellik

Hey there Planet Minecraft community! Welcome to yet another PMC Weekly. This week we bring you the winners of the Project 2048 contest, an overview of what community happenings are to come this October, the start of a cool architecture blog series and more!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS

PROJECT CONTEST
The winners were announced for the
Project 2048 Contest! The winning submissions include a blueprint for a gigantic gravity-based power generator, an inter-dimensional railway transit, and... Shrek's space adventure? Yup! Nicely done, SPHYRN1DAE, Barbarian & MBA Team! Congratulations for grabbing those first, second, and third place trophies. 🏆

SKIN CONTEST
The Land of Insects skin contest is well on its way. We're currently at over 150 entries with another whole week to go! Do beware that judges will be looking out for skins of actual insects; six-legged creepy crawlers and cute critters. We're very much enjoying the creativity in the bug skins we've seen so far. It takes a lot of creativity to turn multi-legged, winged, horned and armored beasties into a human-shaped Minecraft skin! 🐞

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

SKINTOBER
Forget that it's only September! Some PMC members are already preparing for the spooktastic month of October! Skintober is a Minecraft spin on the popular yearly social media challenge "Inktober", in which each day of October has a theme for you to base a creation on. This upcoming October you will have at least three prompt-lists to choose from, fun! Will you be doing a Skintober challenge this year? 🦇

These are the prompt lists released so far:

THEME POLL
Member RainbowR3start has also started planning ahead for October. They'll be hosting a skin contest and are asking which theme you would like the most. You can vote here! 💀

HIDDEN SKINNERS
Romto_ is hosting a skin contest titled Hidden Skinners in which the creators of the skins in this contest are hidden! Ten skin creators can sign up, after which each of them will have to make a skin without revealing their identity. All the finished entries will be put up in an anonymous poll, in which the community can vote for the winner. Very mysterious, and very exciting!

COMMUNITY EVENTS ENDING SOON

Reshade contesto look its a rcanxiiSeptember 15
Skin contestAngel VS Devillen-kun & MomuSeptember 18
Skin contestTime and Relative Dimension in SpaceChabileoSeptember 20
Build contestThe Valley of Talented [City Theme]CaraRoseSeptember 20

📅 Make sure to check the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current events.

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

MORE MINI'S!

Remember when we featured Wildcard_Gamer adorable mini skins? Well, it inspired No0neInParticular to make mini skins of their own! We're still incredibly fond of these tiny versions of Minecraft skins. Can't help but adore every single one. 🥰

ARCHITECTURE STUDIES

Ryer submitted a blog entry that is the first of a series called Architecture School Blog. You may know Ryer as that PMC moderator who designs awesome Minecraft skyscrapers. Well, now they've actually entered college to study architecture, and design buildings in real life. How cool!

The assignment described in their first Architecture School Blog-post, was to make a form out of repetitive use of the same simple object. You can read all about how their group tackled this assignment at this link. 🥤

FEATURED ON MINECRAFT.NET

This week, Minecraft.net published a new article titled Best Community Skins: August. Among other, off-site creators, PMC members Doot, anonpmc2649631, Squirrel and Stuffles were featured with the skins shown below. Congrats on the feature guys!

If you wish to be in the next monthly feature on Minecraft.net, you can e-mail them your September skins to scoops@minecraft.net with the subject line ME SO PRETTY, your skin template, a screenshot of your skin in-game, the name of your skin, and the name for credits.

MINECRAFT SNAPSHOT 19w36a
AntVenom released a video showcasing the changes in a recent Minecraft Update. You can view it below! One of the most notable changes is about obfuscation maps. Minecraft.net states that:

"In an effort to help make modding the game easier, we have decided to publish our game obfuscation maps with all future releases of the game, starting today. This means that anyone who is interested may deobfuscate the game and find their way around the code without needing to spend a few months figuring out what’s what."

📮 POLL RESULTS

Last week we asked you if you have any real-life pets. A good majority, nearly 70% of the members who voted do have a pet in real life. People shared which pets they have in the comments. We learned that Chabileo has a hamster, OneCord has a lovebird and mcrjellyfish has, I quote; "the cutest tiny little turtle ever sfdmfskfsdfdfsfs"

As we've seen members prepare for October, this week's poll question is;

Are you looking forward to next month's Halloween? 👻

Poll ended 09/21/2019 4:29 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake