๐ŸŒ The PMC Weekly September 8th, 2019

PMC's Avatar PMC โ€ข 9/8/19 10:04 pm history
23 emeralds 1.3k 28
9/13/2019 7:21 pm
BTS4's Avatar BTS4

Hello PMCer's! We hope everyone had a fantastic weekend! In this edition of the PMC Weekly, we cover even MORE bee submissions (they're so cute!), a mod that'll add more life to your Minecraft world, and other awesome sauce around the site this past week!

OFFICIAL EVENTS AND CONTESTS
SKIN CONTEST
The results of the Medieval Skin Contest are in! Congratulations to the winners and thank you to all participants for another successful skin contest. We mentioned last week that this skin contest received 388 entries which is more than we've seen since 3 years!

Last week we gave you the opportunity to vote on the next skin contest theme. Majority vote was Land of the Insects! The contest is live and accepting entries. Let's see if we can beat last month's 388 submissions! Head on over to the contest details page to read all of the rules!

COMMUNITY EVENTS AND CONTESTS

mythicaljay
just launched their first contest ever, Jungle Gems skin contest! Think Indian Jones, a Jungle animal such as a Tiger or monkey or something more abstract like a waterfall. We will be peeping in on this contest to see what members come up with!
Deadline: October 8th, 2019

๐Ÿ† The final results for Lemilas's Skin Pairs Contest are here! Congratulations to Wildcard_Gamer, Auri, and BuildingBridgesfor first, second and third place!

(Projects) TypeTitle + LinkHostDeadline*
Themed contestThe Valley of Talented [City Theme]CaraRoseSeptember 20
(Skins) TypeTitle + LinkHost Deadline
Team battleTeam Death Match: A War of SkinskodayneRound 1: September 13
Themed contestAngel VS Devillen-kun & MomuSeptember 18
Themed contestTime and Relative Dimension in SpaceChabileoSeptember 20

Visit the Community Event Calendar for a complete overview of current member-made events!

OTHER HIGHLIGHTS

๐ŸŽจSPEED PAINT SORCERY
Original Skin
Alt Styles
elfie_ included a speed paint video in their latest skin submission, elvenjedi. In the video, elfie_ styles their persona skin in 5 different ways! Aside from watching how the skin seamlessley transforms from one style from the next, our favorite thing about the video is the music!
๐™š๐™ก๐™ซ๐™š๐™ฃ๐™Ÿ๐™š๐™™๐™ž || + Style Challenge YT Speedpaint ~ -โ„˜รธโ„˜โ„œฮตฮตยฃ- Minecraft Skin

๐Ÿ BEE BUSINESS
The term "worker bees" are given a whole new meaning as this factory is completly run by bees! One of our favorite project submissions this week was was SeanBit's Honey factory made for the 1.15 snapshots with bees. The factory contains a huge office area for the boss, a production line for bottling, cubicles for the detail work. Smoke stacks look super real a crucible full of "honey" which is actually lava. Did we mention the factory is environmentally
Image source: Twitter

๐Ÿฏ OVERSIZED ORGANIC
How impressive is this Queen Bee build by PearlescentMoon?! You can't find it on PMC, but if you head on over to her twitter, you can see more photos of the gorgeous organic. She also made a timelapse of her build and explains her build process step by step and also gives some trick and tips along the way. The video also features her concept art, challenges she faced along the way and much more. A fun, informative and captivating time lapse!

๐Ÿ“ฎ POLL RESULTS
In last week's poll, we asked you about shaders. Out of 138 members who voted, only 4 didn't know what shaders are, 75 responded with not using shaders, and 59 responded with using shaders. Some shaders that were mentioned were Sildur's Vibrant Shaders and Chocapic13 V7.1 shader, both of which are free to download on PMC!

WOOF WOOF!
Kowloon_4g
first made an appearance 7 years ago with their More Swords Mod that adds over 20 new swords to the game! He's back with a slightly different mod called More Dogs! This mod currently adds 5 different dog breeds including Golden Retriever, Pug, German Shepard, Chihuahua, and Husky !The dogs behave similar to Wolves and different breeds can be found in different biomes. They're tamed and health maintained by feeding them raw meat. Their health can be monitored by looking at their tail, if their tail is lower than usual it means they are low on health.

Have a favorite breed you'd like to see added? Let him know in the comments of the mod submission!

Do you have a pet in real life?
If yes, share what kind of pet you have in the comments below!

Poll ended 09/13/2019 10:03 pm.

PMC
Support
Level 100 : Transcendent Cake

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/13/2019 7:21 pm
Level 24 : Expert Button Pusher
BTS4
2 dogs a Maltese (Female) and a king charles spaniel (Male) their brother and sister
09/12/2019 1:14 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Verhow
Tengo una gatita llamada milu, al tocarla tienes una sensación muy adorable hacia ella :"3 me vale Yolo
09/12/2019 2:44 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Dragon
Unused profile
I got an adorable cat that rolls over whenever you approach her
09/12/2019 9:27 am
PMC
Our cat does the same thing, expecting "belly rubs" :)
09/11/2019 6:52 am
Level 23 : Expert Dragonborn
ElvenFantasyFreak
I've got two cats, two rabbits, eighteen chickens, and a betta fish. That's twenty-three pets in all. I've got twenty-four if my little sister counts.
09/10/2019 6:59 amhistory
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
๐Ÿถ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ๐Ÿฑ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŒ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ๐ŸŸ
09/11/2019 2:29 amhistory
Level 32 : Artisan Magical Boy
Arsham81SHAE
Or Maybe a Snake.
SNNNNAAAKKKEEEEEEEE!
09/11/2019 4:07 am
DinowCookie
๐Ÿฆก๐Ÿฆก๐Ÿฆก ๐Ÿ„๐Ÿ„
09/10/2019 12:00 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
thats alot of snails
09/10/2019 1:40 pm
DinowCookie
They're small, they don't take up a lot of space ๐Ÿ˜‚
09/09/2019 6:00 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lad
mcrjellyfish
i have a five fish and the cutest tiny little turtle ever sfdmfskfsdfdfsfs
09/09/2019 12:54 pmhistory
Level 48 : Master Procrastinator
VincentsAnxiety
I have like 10 pets all together, 5 cats and 5 dogs, well not really, I don't own one of the dogs, She's my older brother's (We're hoping he comes back to get her soon..) and then we have this other dog we're trying to find a new home for.. (She thinks she's the alpha and our dogs don't get along with her, she doesn't know when to stop playing either..)

In other words, yes, I have pets..

Speaking of which, I also had a Ferret (well my cousin did, she lives with us) but we unfortunately had to give him away to my Cousin's family (I don't want to explain anything about her family situation as it's not mine to explain, Sorry!) the reason being because he wasn't taken care of properly, we loved him but my cousin just didn't take care of him and we couldn't let him out often enough.. (He could hide under the couch or run into the dogs and ya know, possibly die..) but he's got a good home now so that's all that really matters.

I guess if you can't tell, my family and I really like animals lol
09/09/2019 12:24 pmhistory
Level 17 : Journeyman Artist
LaPandaBlasee
no i don't have any pet but im wondering between a bird or a dog
my favorite breed is the chow chow !
09/09/2019 11:14 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
FishyBusiness
30 cats 27 dogs and 81 fish

Pictures
Just kidding XD i have 1 dog
09/12/2019 9:28 am
PMC
haha you almost got us ;)
09/09/2019 8:48 am
Level 49 : Master Blockhead
Sunny
3 dogs, 2 cats, and 1 leopard gecko.
09/09/2019 4:55 am
Level 49 : Master Enderdragon
The FaiyaBLAST
One single pink Danio rerio๏ปฟ fish. I used to have a lot of other fish in my aquarium but they all died );
09/10/2019 2:34 am
Arsham81SHAE
RIP Fishes...
09/09/2019 4:46 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragon
MarkSarmite
Guinea pig
09/09/2019 4:46 am
Level 40 : Master Pig
OneCord
It is a lovebird, and its name is Nilo!
09/09/2019 1:57 am
Arsham81SHAE
Sadly No...
But I would love to have a dog. The German Shepherd is a great option for me.

Like That!:

09/09/2019 12:46 pm
Arsham81SHAE
XD
09/09/2019 1:17 am
Level 34 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
Nope, but I'd love to have a cat. (I'm more of a cat person than a dog person)
09/09/2019 1:02 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Poro
Chabileo
Got a hamster!
09/08/2019 11:56 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Loremaster
047Gaming
2 Pets Infact
09/08/2019 11:40 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
KittyCat12346
birds and dogs and cats and spiders and velociraptors and frogs
09/09/2019 2:24 amhistory
Arsham81SHAE
Do you have a Pets the size of a zoo? Woooow!

Especially those velociraptors.

09/08/2019 10:44 pm
Level 46 : Master Wizard
mythicaljay
Thanks for mentioning my contest!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome