How to promote content?

RustyGuy's Avatar RustyGuy7/12/20 7:35 pm
8/3/2020 2:31 pm
Cardboard Consumer's Avatar Cardboard Consumer
Hey guys!

As you probably know I started the channel on YT. Shortly it's about building, tutorials and stuff in Russian style (cause I'm from there and know things).

Here's the link to the first vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh_P2e56C7g

Hope to read your comments as feedback.

So I wanted to ask you about promotion. Starting from simply "how to promote something" to 'how you guys do it?'

I'm kinda silly and new in it, so please be comfortable to say things even if it seems obvious.

Thank you!
RustyGuy
Level 9 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/03/2020 2:31 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Cookie
Cardboard Consumer
Ngl Youtube Is A Good Way To Promote, And On PMC You Can Promote Your Youtube Channel And On Youtube You Can Promote Your PMC :D.
08/03/2020 2:04 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Artist
3XX3
What you are doing now is a perfect way for promotion. Submitting videos on this website does help a lot. But, don't expect 100's of people to start subscribing as that's not really what happens.

Hint: What I'm doing right now is a small bump to my content.
07/14/2020 8:13 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Im not really sure how well this applies to YouTube, but Im guessing its about the same thing. (btw. Sorry for the long post :'D )

Websites and communities are a good way to promote yourself, but in my experience, posting "I made new video! Go look!" here on the forums, Reddit, Discord- Just about anywhere. Yeah... That'll get you no-where :/
Instead, focusing on making friends and contacts which can / wants to share your content (Maybe you make similar content, and therefor you can share each others stuff) is not only a great way to make new friends and valuable contacts, but is also a good way of promoting yourself and your friends / contacts.

Another thing that seem kinda obvious, but is often misunderstood is: "Be original" - I honestly think that sentence is a pile of garbage because it so poorly describes a concept that I myself have seen work wonders. Down to basics: Dont be original in the sense that you have to create something that has never been seen before, instead, find out what people need or look up what kind of tutorials (Since you also seem to do tutorials) appear to be missing.

Using myself as an example: I found lots of guides on adding new music to Minecraft, and only very very few tutorials on how to rename items in Minecraft. They both had the same thing in common that they were either confusing to follow (description wise or just poorly set up), and they always had 3 or 4 different websites that you needed to go to. So I made tutorials on the subjects and made it a 1-click download and did my best to make it simple to follow.

Point is:
If you make something which appears to be missing, or recreate something which you can only find horrible descriptions of, that will automatically give you a lot of attention as people will share your tutorials / videos etc. And THAT is, from my experience, The single most important thing that can happen. People sharing your content. That's also why its so dangerous to, as an example: Do a let's play of a popular game that everyone knows about. No one needs that, and there already exists high-quality let's play series of those big games.
07/14/2020 8:58 am
RustyGuy
The first thing I did was go to your channel and watch your video. And the music is great! I love this song and I used to listen to covers. Yours is awesome! Maybe you were told about this, but your video is somewhat reminiscent of leo moracchioli. I like him too!

Thank you very much for the detailed post. It is very good that it is long, I carefully read every advice.

Now I’m trying to make new contacts, because I study English better and just love communicating with good people. It is really very useful for everything.

I’m thinking about inviting everyone to my site to discuss ideas and videos. But I don’t know yet where to organize it. Discord, facebook or whatever. Thinking
07/15/2020 7:13 am
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
That video was very much inspired by Leo's videos :'D

About the discussion thing. I think that Discord might be the best place since it sounds like you want to discuss it with a community. While Facebook can be great for spreading word amoungst friends and family about your YouTube project, I think it might be better to focus on creating a community around your content, because that way they'll share the stuff you make and invite their friends to the Discord as well.

It's up to you, and as a little reminder: Im in no way an expert, Im just a random dude on the internet, so please dont take everything I say as truthful, because I'm probably wrong in some places :'D

But with contacts and all that: feel free to hit me up on Discord. Not sure what I can help you with, but hey; always good to know more people :D Discord: WeabooTom#0658
07/14/2020 7:25 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Procrastinator
Pomegrenade
I think a great way to promote is on websites other than Youtube itself e.g. Reddit (where you can post the videos to the relevant communities) or even here on PMC. Great content btw :)
07/14/2020 7:11 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Artist
ScriptsALot
I mean just keep doing what you're doing. By the way, why isnt your sub count public?
07/14/2020 7:38 am
RustyGuy
you mean on YT? It's 37 now and I hid the number. Do think that it should be changed? Just got a feeling that before 1 thousand it's kinda... don't unattractive for new subs but i could be wrong
07/14/2020 8:01 am
ScriptsALot
Most people just assume you have no subs if you hide them. It's usually a good idea to not hide them,
07/14/2020 8:10 am
RustyGuy
Your words sound very convincing. Now I will open
07/14/2020 7:13 amhistory
ScriptsALot
By the way, I finished my texture pack around like 21 hours ago. I just sadly can't get ahold of you so I can tell you that it's done. I might have to share it through a zip file website and not planet minecraft, is that ok?
07/14/2020 7:35 am
RustyGuy
np. just give me the link:)
07/14/2020 8:25 am
ScriptsALot
This is the link to download it. I don't know how to actually make a texture pack, so I made a resource pack since it's simpler. If you don't know how to apply a resource pack, you don't need to unzip the zip file, just put it in your resourcepacks folder in your .minecraft folder. Then you should be able to activate it (in game using optifine, or you have to make a new world without optifine). By the way, this is using 1.16.1 textures, so it will only work in that version. I may update it for 1.16.2 and over. There are a few mistakes with the polar bear, since I wasn't able to see the back of the hat until you made the newest video's thumbnail.
07/14/2020 9:05 am
RustyGuy
I got it! At the moment I'm using 1.15.2 because of the Fabric mode which I use to shoot the vids. But 1.16 is okay. I can use it
07/13/2020 7:22 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Imposter
StaticNCogs
Thumbs up =)
07/13/2020 8:13 pm
RustyGuy
thanks! i posted a new episode today, so hope you'll like it!
07/13/2020 7:03 pm
RustyGuy
It's so sweet! I'm so happy about your gift! Thanks a lot!
07/13/2020 7:17 pmhistory
Level 43 : Master Botanist
dandelionss
Aww, thank me by posting more! Your vids are awesome~. :D
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome