Harry Potter Adventure Map - Need Builders

Norsimdo's Avatar Norsimdo4/8/13 3:55 pm
1 emeralds 3.3k 28
10/9/2015 2:46 pm
hogwartsgurl15's Avatar hogwartsgurl15
Current Map Status: Polishing Central London; feeding zoo animals; fueling trains
Please note that the following is not completely canon to J.K. Rowling's adaptions of Harry Potter - it's merely a fan-made piece of fan-fiction.

This is a server with the objective of building the map and it isn't just Hogwarts - it's recreating Harry's Experiences throughout the Wizarding world - starting with book one and digressing throughout.

"It's true then, what they're saying on the train. Harry Potter has come to Hogwarts."
Have you ever wished, upon a chocolate frog, to immerse yourself in the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, through your favorite 'blocky' game? Well now the chance has arrived. Circulate throughout the many shops of Diagon Alley; run frantically up and down the Hogwarts Express; attend over 5, exotically unique, classes...

Oh wait. I forgot, the map still has to be brewed... You forum painters being the key ingredients... If you're passionate about Harry Potter and/or Minecraft, please continue reading, immediately!

This map, that you and I shall create, will warp its players into a completely, overhauled Minecraft Experience. The first installation, known as Part One, aims to cast you into the first half of J.K. Rowling's introductory novel (Philosopher's Stone). You'll firstly experience Harry's life with the Dudley's, digress to a shopping spree with Hagrid - in preparation for your Hogwarts Fantasia.

Everyone involved will receive the appropriate recognition!

Section I - What this map aims to cast (Part 1's Patch Notes)
"Look deep within the Crystal Ball and you will see a magnificent Hogwarts Hall."

-Several cut-scenes, via a YouTube video, depicting important story moments (e.g. - McGonagall and Dumbledore waiting for the alcoholic that is Hagrid)

-Around 10 different "Story Moments", which are basically like instances [dungeons], in which you must battle to the end - A prime example being "Ollivander's Wand Test".

-Short and Snappy notes; more playing, less staying.

-An immensely majestic world to explore - you can use London's Underground or even nose at the Dursley's neighbors! One second your in a Transfiguration lesson, and the next you're at bloody Surrey Zoo.

-Over 40 Custom Characters - each one composed by myself and maybe even you?

Section II - Applications

We're currently, as of the 8th of April, recruiting a team of Builders to help build the following locations: Little W (Privete Drive etc.), Surrey Zoo (With the Reptile House) and a small proportion of Central London. Apply by clicking the Spoiler.

Click to reveal
Simple Answers (one-worded) will not prevent your chances
Builder Application - April
In-Game name:
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?:
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?:
Country of Origin:
Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username)
Are you loyal and trustworthy?
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?:
Favourite Hogwarts House:
Can you use a Texture Pack?:

Just fill out the application above and someone will get back to you as soon as possible!

Section III - Update Videos

I frequently have the annoying urge to upload a pointless video, which usually gets watched only by one person (myself). Some of them tend to be map update videos, here's the latest one:

Subscribe to Norsimdo for all the latest, YouTube-wise, updates.
http://www.youtube.com/norsimdo

Section IV - "Wouldn't be possible without..."
The entirely of this project would not be possible without the following people:

-Legomann205: Elegant server host, he puts up with a lot of my eccentric ways!

-People who helped on Patch 1.1:
Sofusser, Sebberdreng, Ewallis, ZachShelley, DJBEN!, Djxyzhp, Niek and, of course, Pavel.

-TheTomTrooper: Faithful, ingenious feedback giver and let's player of my first two map attempts.

Section V - Project Origins

A little history lesson now; brew some hot chocolate and prepare to be enthralled!
Click to reveal
This project originated from a two others, which I once conducted. Harry Potter Patch 1.1 and Patch 1.2 was what they were dubbed. Patch 1.1 was created by a team named THEMEDIACHARTS, but my greed, shortly after the patch's release, generated conflict and, eventually, separation.

Following months of an internet leave, I decided to rejoice from the ashes with Patch 1.2 - with me being the only creator. Two months of semi-work on it lead to an untarnished adventure map, one that I was never pleased with whatsoever.

After due consideration, I am now attempting a Harry Potter themed map, once again, but learning this time evermore from my past mistakes. The biggest change though, is the installation of you. To succeed this map requires crafters, ones that have different visions than my particular interpretation. I make it my odyssey to mine Minecrafters something to remember - whether you'll join me is of your discretion.
Norsimdo
Level 28 : Expert Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/09/2015 2:46 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
hogwartsgurl15
I would like to help with your building I am an experienced builder. I am 15 and my name is Grace.
10/08/2015 6:51 pm
Level 19 : Journeyman Architect
BooksAreLife_
In-Game name: BooksAreLife

Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: I've read all the books, and have watched all the movies.

Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: I do think I am good at building. I can post some of my Builds, (Harry Potter Builds) if you'd like.

Country of Origin: U.S.A

Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username) No, I do not have Skype.

Are you loyal and trustworthy? I am very trustworthy, I have been a builder on another Harry Potter Build before, but he closed it down.

Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: Not at the moment, but I can think of some. (I love to write.)

Favourite Hogwarts House: Gryffindor would have to be my favorite, or Ravenclaw.

Can you use a Texture Pack?: Yes I can use a texture pack.

Thank you for reading my application. Also about those pictures.

(I don't know how to post them on here so I'll send put them on Mediafire. It will be a zip file with most all of my builds, some I haven't taken a picture of. Like Godrics hollow.)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/ruxgp ... Builds.zip
05/03/2013 1:45 am
Level 24 : Expert Blockhead
2508tobias
in game-name 2508tobias

have you read or seen the first harry potter : i've seen and read the first yes

do you comment yourself as being a good builder: yes i believe im a great builder i have top builder rank on all servers i go to

country of origin Denmark

do you have skype : yes ido

are you loyal and trustworthy yes im very loyal i've never griefed in my life

have you got any special ideas for some new harry potter charactors no i dont atm

favorite hogwarts house:gryfindor of course

can you use a texturepack yes i can i have several
04/18/2013 12:40 pm
Norsimdo
A new Update Video is here!

[yt]5rrXGDwcMig[/yt]
04/14/2013 5:18 am
Norsimdo
FINISHED REVIEWING APPLICATIONS!
04/13/2013 8:26 pm
Norsimdo
[yt]6f8osmSesak[/yt]

Will reply to applications soon!
04/12/2013 10:18 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
charbison
In-Game name: charbison
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: I have currently read the Harry Potter series 5 times and watched the movies multiple time.
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: My building ability is exquisite and with an image in mind I can succeed. Examples: http://imageshack.us/a/img442/9629/hogwarts1000.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img163/1733/20120903134455.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/5655/20120902170323.png
Country of Origin: United States of America
Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username) Yes
Are you loyal and trustworthy? My loyalty to this project will truly depend on the work put into it and my trust will have to be earned.
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: It depends on what characters you mean. Do you mean a character backstory with unique items?
Favourite Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw "Wit beyond measure is man's greatest treasure." —Rowena Ravenclaw
Can you use a Texture Pack?: Definentely
04/12/2013 4:37 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
masterofmilk
Edit i can think of characters if you would like me too. Sorry i was a bit confused at the question
04/12/2013 4:29 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Crafter
masterofmilk
In-Game name:chocolatemilkman
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: I have seen and read all of them
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: I am good with interior not so much with exterior
Country of Origin:Canada
Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username)yes
Are you loyal and trustworthy?Trust isent demanded it is earned
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: Please restate that
Favourite Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Can you use a Texture Pack?: yes
04/12/2013 1:15 pm
Norsimdo
I shall be back in around 24 hours to accept any applications!
04/12/2013 5:48 am
Norsimdo
The London Area is riding to a magnificent start:

Constructed by Legokid222
04/11/2013 11:39 am
Norsimdo
Added all accepted to the Board of Builders!
04/10/2013 7:46 pm
Norsimdo
Accepted the first pile of envelopes that my owl brought!
04/10/2013 12:09 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Kappa_keepo123
Dumbledore Shall Defeat Voldemort!!!!(But he died in the half blood prince) xD
04/10/2013 12:08 pm
Kappa_keepo123
Dumbdore Shall Defeat Voldemort!!!!(But he died in the half blood prince) xD
04/10/2013 10:03 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
VertigoRebound
In-Game name: Frillhouse12
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: Yes
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: Yes
Country of Origin: England
Are you loyal and trustworthy? Yes
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: Dobby's Girlfriend xD
Favourite Hogwarts House: Slytherin
Can you use a Texture Pack?: Yup
04/10/2013 12:25 am
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
Panda_Queen
Looks absolutely amazing! I can't wait to maybe, just maybe, work with you!
04/09/2013 10:03 pm
Kappa_keepo123
Don't forget about my application i was the one that brought back this post back to life
04/10/2013 9:59 am
Norsimdo
I could never forget about you!
04/09/2013 8:03 pm
Norsimdo
New Update Video!

[yt]geLFGJM3HR4[/yt]
04/09/2013 4:24 pm
Level 24 : Expert Nerd
Panda_Queen
In-Game name: smartgirl701

Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: I've read and seen all of the Harry Potters.

Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: Well depends on what kind of thing I am designing. I would be your ideal interior designer, but exterior isn't exactly my strong suit. I don't suck at it, but I'm for sure better at interior than exterior.

Country of Origin: USA

Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username) No.

Are you loyal and trustworthy?: Yes.

Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: Explain what you mean by this. Like, unique ideas such as what their houses would look like? See, I could come up with several different meanings for this question.

Favourite Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw or Gryfindor. It's a tie between the two.

Can you use a Texture Pack?: Yes. I am assuming the texture pack is Doku Craft, looking at the screenshot you provided. I actually currently use that exact version of it and everything
04/09/2013 4:11 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Blacksmith
TheAmazingNoob
In-Game name:LuckySlayer
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?:Yes i watch it most week's, i love the harry potter story! I watched the 1st harry potter 2 nights ago with my girl friend!
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?:Yes, i have remade some of runescape, that is my project!
Country of Origin:England
Are you loyal and trustworthy?:Yes, i have never griefed or stolen anything, and i have stayed with my girl friend for nearly a year now? that's loyal! (i put that there just to try be funny! but its true!)
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?:Yes i have a very good imagination!
Favourite Hogwarts House: Ravenclaw
Can you use a Texture Pack?: Sometimes my Minecarft crashes when i use some texture packs!:(
04/09/2013 4:01 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
tommax
What's the ip?
04/09/2013 4:59 pm
Norsimdo
We're just setting up WorldGuard, then I'll hand out the IP to successful applicants
04/09/2013 9:22 am
Norsimdo
Ooo applicants! I shall begin accepting soon; we're just finishing the map-making Headquarters.

04/09/2013 7:11 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter
tommax
In-Game name: Tommax2001
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?: A few years ago i was a Harry Potter fanatic but im still interested
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: If it was from 9-10 id be a 8, maybe less
Country of Origin: Canada
Do you have Skype?: No
Are you loyal and trustworthy? Im as loyal as they come
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: I got a few homemade skins
Favourite Hogwarts House: I always thought Ravenclaw was unique
Can you use a Texture Pack?: I usually use Darklands-Its more like medievalist.
04/08/2013 11:28 pm
Kappa_keepo123
In-Game name:CaptainCreeper_2
Have you read, or seen, the first Harry Potter?:Seen All the movies but haven't read any of the books.
Do you commend yourself to be good at designing buildings?: Yes
Country of Origin: USA
Do you have Skype?: (Yes or no only - don't put username) No
Are you loyal and trustworthy? Yes
Have you any ideas for unique Harry Potter characters?: Yes, i will tell if i get accepted.
Favourite Hogwarts House: Gryfindor(not sure if i spelled it right)
Can you use a Texture Pack? Depending on which one
04/08/2013 6:29 pm
Norsimdo
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome