Out of Memory......? =S

Aldaz108's Avatar Aldaz10810/18/11 3:49 pm
1 emeralds 239 4
10/18/2011 4:33 pm
esoomytefasgone's Avatar esoomytefasgone
Hi guys my minecraft keeps running out of memory for some reason it seems ot mainly does it when I have fraps open. =( I need to use fraps for my minecraft series but it looks bad when this happens in recording I end up making it look funny but all the plans I have set out for that episode end up ruined =(. MY specs are these

AMD Athlon x4 2.30 ghz
Nevidia 220 geforce card
4gigs!

I have a decent specs if you ask me but why does minecraft run out of memory =(

I have tried the bat file but I end up with java cannout create virtual machine ect... =(

and making java use more memory isnt working either. can anyone shed some light on this problem please. it would mean alot to me. and will 1.9 use 100% of memory?

if you guys want to check my channel out its here. www.youtube.com/brandonaldaz
Aldaz108
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/18/2011 4:33 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Guard
esoomytefasgone
Java is not designated to use as much memory as it could. There is a way to set it so you can run MC with more RAM and this normally prevents the memory errors.

Google: How to allocate more memory for Minecraft

Also, If your running Windows 32 Bit, Windows will never allow java to use more then 1.25 GB of RAM. Just the way its built.
10/18/2011 3:55 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Architect
justmiff
Okay, if making minecraft use more memory isn't working, that probably means you're running on a 32-bit copy of java. I'll try and simplify what this means.

Jargon Explanation

In your computer's memory, the system has little chunks of data, to access this data it has little indexes that are 32 bits long. This means that if the maximum number of combinations possible with little identifiers that are 32 bits long, is met in a program, then it cant really use any more. The solution to this is to make that index longer, this is why people use the term 64-bit.

You will need to check that your computer has a 64-bit OS installed, this can be done by simply opening your C: drive, and checking if there is a "Program Files (x86)" folder.

Simple Explanation

You can increase the amount of memory, but if you have 32-bit java, it will still reach the same limit. You will need to upgrade to 64-bit java from the java website if your computer can handle it. Then try running minecraft with a higher memory allocation.

I hope this helps
10/18/2011 4:23 pm
Level 40 : Master Network
ZaphodX
This guy is bang on, however I wouldn't say you need to allocate more memory to minecraft, 64-bit java is enough. Try it only if you still get the problem.
10/18/2011 3:52 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Miner
avorocks
Aldaz MediaHi guys my minecraft keeps running out of memory for some reason it seems ot mainly does it when I have fraps open. =( I need to use fraps for my minecraft series but it looks bad when this happens in recording I end up making it look funny but all the plans I have set out for that episode end up ruined =(. MY specs are these

AMD Athlon x4 2.30 ghz
Nevidia 220 geforce card
4gigs!

I have a decent specs if you ask me but why does minecraft run out of memory =(
Well is basically means that computer is a piece of S*** and your computer is a P**** because it cant run minecraft XD
No really it just means your computer dosnt have enough memory to run minecraft. idk though thats what ive been told
I have tried the bat file but I end up with java cannout create virtual machine ect... =(

and making java use more memory isnt working either. can anyone shed some light on this problem please. it would mean alot to me. and will 1.9 use 100% of memory?

if you guys want to check my channel out its here. http://www.youtube.com/brandonaldaz
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome