Question about teleporting

hTiwX's Avatar hTiwX3/21/17 11:05 pm
1 emeralds 453 6
5/30/2017 5:00 pm
Sparthia's Avatar Sparthia
Hello! So I've been doing a space ship (UFO) thing. However, I need this thing to move. I use /clone command to make all the 3k blocks move with all the systems on it (doors, elevators, lamps) but i've faced a problem which seems pretty simple compared to the project that I almost finished. The thing is:

- The whole ship teleports (up/down/left/right/forward/backward) with # (let's say 40) blocks.

- The player must teleport with the ship, otherwise he will fall standing at the same place (X, Z) when the ship is gone.

- A command by the player could teleport him using /tp nickname ~40 ~ ~ if the ship teleports towards positive X (+40 blocks from where he stood).

- BUT if the command is done by a command block the ~ will get the coordinates of the command block itself (+40 blocks from where the command block stood)

- Which automatically means that he cannot move (if we use /tp @p ~40 ~2 ~) while the ship is moving because it is always the same coordinate that the command block uses (and the command block does not move lol) which is a bit wooden.

If there is no possible way or in case my question does not get answered I would go with that thing (like the driver is standing in a "chair" with belts binded around him (barrier blocks))

So my question is:

Is there a possible way for a command block to teleport a player according to the player's coordinates (like the player uses the command) in that case /tp ....... ~40 ~ ~ (from where the player is standing)?
hTiwX
Level 1 : New Miner