/spreadplayers: All you need to know

Cadermate's Avatar Cadermate6/8/17 2:49 pm
1 emeralds 4.3k 4
8/2/2017 11:28 am
raidarr's Avatar raidarr
Spreadplayers is probably one of my favorite commands in Minecraft. In essence, spreadplayers is a command that allows you to randomly teleport a selected entity around a specific space. To use this command, the syntax is /spreadplayers <x> <z> <spreadDistance> <maxRange> <respectTeams true:false> <selector> <dataTag>. The x and z is the coordinates in the middle of where the entity will randomly teleport. Spread distance is the minimum amount of distance from the center of where the entity will teleport. Most of the time I leave this at 0, because then they can teleport anywhere within the specified area, not just outside the middle. Max range is the maximum distance from the center of where an entity can teleport. The spread distance must be smaller than the max range. When using the scoreboard to create teams, and the respect teams tag is set to true, the teams will be teleported together. the selector is, like in all other commands, @a, @e, @p, @r, or the newest, @s. The data tag specifies the type of entity that is being teleported, but you can't use it for players. Spreadplayers is a valuable map making tool because it randomly teleports entitys. For example, if you were making a minigame and you wanted powerups to spawn in random places, you could use this command to make the items do so.
Cadermate
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer