[1.12] Optifine not showing up in Forge

Austrel_'s Avatar Austrel_6/19/17 8:07 pm
1 emeralds 14.2k 6
6/23/2017 8:41 pm
Austrel_'s Avatar Austrel_
Hi! Today I decided I wanted to download a texture pack to change the sky, but then I realized you needed to have optifine for it to work. No biggie, I already had forge for 1.12 so I went to the website and downloaded optifine, then dropped it into my mods folder. I went to log into minecraft, it loaded up just fine, but when I went to look at the list of mods, optifine wasn't there. I checked to make sure it was in the right folder and everything, which it was. Forge has worked in 1.11.2 with other mods just fine. I'm on Windows 10, and I can't execute any .jar files (Java doesn't work on here for some reason and I can't pay for software), so I have to use forge. If anyone has any solution, I've been searching all day for answers so I'm very desperate to get anything at this point. If you need any screenshots of anything I'm happy to provide, I just don't know what you guys need to find a solution. Thank you for any help!
Austrel_
Level 1 : New Miner