Has Minecraft influenced how you want to live in Real life?

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer6/11/17 3:29 pm
1 emeralds 552 8
6/28/2017 7:18 am
Bastion1540's Avatar Bastion1540
I'm just wondering has anyone ever been influenced by Minecraft on how you want to live directly or indirectly? Before Minecraft (or when i had found it) when i was a young teen, My outlet for creativity was going out into the woods and using fallen wood to try to build "forts". I got a my very first computer for Christmas, One day i stumbled apon Minecraft, and i always wondered what it would take to build a real home and live off of your own resources.
Not long after i was offered the option to go to a "vocational" school to learn a trade, I choose Masonry solely at the time just because i was into Minecraft, and wanted to do some hands on building for the fun of it. About in the middle of that school i got really into Architecture (have 3 books over 600 pages long on historic architecture now). Between Minecraft building, learning to build in Real life, and the thoughts of what I'm going to do with my life. I have my mind set that i am going to Build my own home, and determined to do so if it comes down to getting a plot of land out in the woods with nothing but some tools, and the determination. I might even consider trying self sufficient living.
But in all this i have no idea where,how, and when to start. Has anyone else here chosen or going to choose a career path or way of living from a interest in Minecraft ?
DreamWanderer
Level 84 : Elite Pegasus