PORT FORWARDING without access to router.

U4iK_HaZe's Avatar U4iK_HaZe7/23/11 2:07 am
1 emeralds 8.6k 22
12/27/2012 10:37 pm
Choops's Avatar Choops
PORT FORWARDING without access to router. This means, you don't need Hamachi, you don't need to hack into your router to port forward.

Open command prompt, type "ipconfig" and look for the ipv4 address.
(192.168.1.X) and write it down or copy it somewhere. Mac or linux users, find another way to obtain your internal ipv4.

Ridiculously simple... download this .jar file:
http://www.u4ik.us/public/Port%20Mapper.jar

Run the file, it will open a window. Click "connect" in the middle left. Wait.

When a list populates, click "create" on the right side, in the Description box, type "Minecraft-25565-a" then in the "Remote Host" box type your ipv4 address. Make sure "use local host" is checked.

Click the "ADD" button twice. On the left, change one of the TCPs to UDP. You now have one of each... Double click all of the "1" values and replace with "25565" (or the port you want to use, but use 25565 since users won;t have to type host.com:port).

Click save, then in the box on the right side of main window, highlight your "minecraft-25565" entry. Click "USE" and wait for 20 seconds.

You're done.
(Wait, really? That's it?)

Yes. And better yet: This does not undo when you close the program. It's a permanent (unless you manually delete it) port forward.

Well obviously you need to actually have a minecraft server running. Make sure it binds to port 25565.

[the sun is mine]
U4iK_HaZe
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist