Resources pack for a mod

Shikapantera's Avatar Shikapantera6/15/17 4:56 am
1 emeralds 230 3
6/15/2017 10:40 am
Shikapantera's Avatar Shikapantera
Hi!
For a big project I want to change some textures of a mod, but I don't want to change the texture in the mod itself, I want to make a resource pack for that.

I took the asset folder and put it in a resource pack zip, change the texture and It doesn't change in the game.

The mod I want to retexture a bit for my project is chisel.

Thx
Shikapantera
Level 1 : New Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/15/2017 10:40 am
Shikapantera
Okay I found the problem thanks to you!

I needed to put the same folders as in the mod, but I only put the object folder, and I needed to put all the folders since asset, I put the "Chisel" folder next to the "Minecraft" folder in asset, and It work.
Don't know If it's understandable.

I have : asset / minecraft

/ chisel / textures / blocks / concrete_gray (<= the folders I added)

(The chisel and minecraft folders are in the same level)
06/15/2017 9:43 am
Shikapantera
Well, I saw those posts, but the problem here is that there are folders and next images like for example : "asset/textures/blocks/concrete_gray/" and It's like that for every blocks.

I tried to put the folder and images in it with the same name, and it didn't worked.
06/15/2017 9:32 am
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Imposter
QUENTOPOLIS1
If you want to change the textures for a mod, you can make a resource pack for Minecraft but adding images named like the item of block you want to change.

For example, if you want to make a resource pack for minecraft and want to change the look of dirt, you would make a resource pack and in the folder for which it is marked blocks you would put the image you want named 'dirt'.

So, If you would want to change block_x in the mod, whatever it would say when you show detailed data of the block (mod_name:block_x), then you would simply do so also in the texture pack and put an image titled 'block_x' under 'mod_name'.

That probably doesn't make sense. Try this:
https://www.reddit.com/r/feedthebeast/c ... _textures/
http://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/ma ... lease-help
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome