*CLOSED* SnowCraft Istanbul [1.6.4] [Spheres] [Peaceful]

Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox12/26/12 6:21 am
1 emeralds 7.3k 171
10/13/2013 11:58 pm
Snowyfox's Avatar Snowyfox

Check out our Enjin page! http://snowcraftspheres.enjin.com
Also check out our Youtube series! http://www.youtube.com/user/Lorden1516

The server has been closed down! ごめんさい!

NOTICE We have moved on to a new SnowCraft Network page, where all the new colonies are listed! snowcraft-network-pmc-page-t348706.html

Other SC colonies
Medina

SC Istanbul in a can, for speed readers
Spheres, friendly staff, Factions, PvP-free, minigames, easy

SC Istanbul in a full server description, for those who look before they leap
Welcome to SnowCraft Istanbul's PMC forum page! SC Istanbul is a cracked Factions server, with a refreshing twist; our land is on spheres! Hovering balls of 6056 dirt and grass blocks floating in the air, each one occupied by a faction.

Unique type of server!
SC Istanbul is heavily economical, insisting on a little strategy when building and obtaining money, but has a few fun facilities for good ol' combat. It's nice for new members that want to learn some basics of Minecraft safely and easily first while having some fun, and also perfect for veterans who are tired of Factions PvP and want something fresh and new.

Minigames!
Our server has plenty of minigame facilities, including parkour, Fort Defence (a new game invented by me and a few others back then), spleef (16x16 arena), a TNT arena (semi-PvP minigame where you fight using TNT and flint-and-steels) and our new slot machine that has accompanying music. Oh, and we have two mobarenas.

WAAAAAAAARPS! -Warp Core, Portal 514
Our server has an epic ton of warps, including random scenic and technological builds, shops and minigames. Useful enchantments are sold in two enchant shops that allow you to buy with money or EXP, and a new fairly occupied playershop sits both. And all public warps are packed in a nice small historic warphouse, of which can be accessed from spawn (look above the exit before you go out).

Unique gameplay!
Our server has a unique kind of gameplay that allows you to actually devolop strategies. As you grow richer and richer, creative mode gets more useless over time as you start to have the capability to buy almost any block. You can also compete with others on getting kittens (ask about them when you come on), mob kills, cool spheres and many more. And did I mention our two new civilian rank paths that you can climb up the ranks of?

Scenic!
Our server has a unique skyline that makes it look like a city. A few castles, a few skyscrapers, lamp posts, a large expanse of spheres above the void (our server has expanded so much we actually have reached the mainland at all sides), cottages, farms, paths, railways, random scattered high-tech constructions and more.

Everyone's family!
Our server has an actual friendly community. No, you won't be ignored as a new player anymore. In our server, all attention goes to you as you walk in as one of our new citizens, and don't be surprised to come in once in a while and see chat bustling when it's not even 10/10.

Convinience!
Our server has a few plugins to help make playing convinient for you. We have TimberMP for fast tree-chopping, ClearLag to prevent areas from getting corrupted with 10000 arrows on the wall, and CoreProtect to aid against rule-breakers. Our warphouse is designed to prevent you from going crazy over looking at /warp. Most areas around downtown are connected with paths so you don't have to climb houses and use ender pearls. All important server info are packed at spawn.

[center][color=#000080][b]IP :[/b] Server's closed down.
[b]Screenshots :[/b] [url]imgur.com/a/1Yp0r[/url][/center][/color]
[b][center][u]Fun Fact
[/u]You can find this forum topic easily in Google by typing "snowcraft spheres". Don't forget![/center][/b]
[b]Texture Pack :[/b] It's a modified version of GMCraft with a few textures borrowed from other texture packs such as OzoCraft. A new 1.6.2 version is existant but is due for remaking soon, so the newer version will be uploaded and posted here later.

[color=#000080]Anyone who would like a new sphere will have to ask staff for one. If staff is not around, please come back later, unless you want to have a tour first, or maybe see how other players would play.

[b]Thanks for looking at the page! See you in our server!
From our friendly staff and your presumably friendly server owner[/b][/color]

[center][b]Festivals[/b]
SnowCraft Merdeka, February/July 18, every year
Meme Day, every Friday[/center]

[b]Currently allowed Mods[/b] All Feed The Beast mods, Optifine, Mine Little Pony, Rei's Minimap, Better Movements, fast-building hacks that do not bypass Factions, TMI (it won't work anyways -.-)

[b]Forbidden Mods[/b] Any kind of X-ray (including resource packs), Nodus and all other hacking clients, all fly hacks, all spamming clients, all fast-building mods
Snowyfox
Level 26 : Expert Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/13/2013 11:58 pm
Snowyfox
http://pastebin.com/i4zsiQaY

Your presumably friendly server owner,
Snowyfox
10/09/2013 9:42 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump, forgot to update our server version. It's bee 1.6.4 for a long time.
10/07/2013 12:58 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump. We could use some extra players at the moment, and we're fairly active, so keep coming, we'll try to get you guys a sphere.
09/29/2013 12:46 am
Snowyfox
BOOM! I just disabled our Parallel Garbage Collector, and I installed a new server JVM downloaded from Oracle's website (So, we now have Java 7 instead of 6). The server seems MUCH smoother now! There are still lag spikes here and there, but they are rarer now.

If you came to the server before and turned away because of the lag, come visit it now! It's as smooth and epic as it was last time, so you can enjoy playing on spheres now without worrying about tons of lag resulting from a player joining.

Enjoy the new changes, guys, and have fun playing!

From your presumably friendly server owner,
Snowyfox
09/28/2013 12:00 am
Snowyfox
Another quick bump. Hopefully server gets more packed during the weekends, so come on and see our new pub and club being devoloped. There's also a few new cool stuff like the Hachi Tower, Experiment 46 and our new public pool.
09/25/2013 9:15 pm
Snowyfox
Quick bumpy. Server seems to be getting better now, and we're adding tons of server architecture randomly around. Don't worry, they aren't restricting space.
09/22/2013 2:34 pm
Snowyfox
Done with screenshots!

You can find the imgur album under the IP. I believe I took some really nice pictures there, albeit not in the best quality ever. Hope you guys like it. :p
09/22/2013 3:02 am
Snowyfox
Full bump!

Alright, we're going to be undergoing a lot of changes soon, guys, that include a massive number of nice touches to the server. Staff are currently assigned to claim the mainland's edge as warzone, so that /f map will show a clear and easy to recognize border.

After that, we will be clearing and destroying a lot of unused spheres. This will open up the atmosphere a lot and allow much more room for others to expand. We will also be using some of these unused spheres to fit in some server architecture of our own so that the scenery will be better looking and more unified. We'll also be adding cool stuff near the mainland edge, such as military bases.

I'm trying to fix the chat color problem, but I'm not really sure if I can. I might consider switching out some plugins and stuff.

The new ranks haven't been touched too much, but I will add new stuff to them soon. All veteran members, prepare to be promoted.

As for the screenshots I promised, I keep forgetting it. I'll put it in my daily reminders and will be sure to upload them next week.

I can't promise anything, but I can tell you that I am determined to make the server a much better place for you guys to play in. Not that it's that bad now anyways...

And feel free to come on, new members! We aren't around too much, but if you come around during the evening hours of North America, you'll have a high chance of stumbling upon a staff member or somebody that can call one. Take your part in adding a creation of your own to the skyline of this server!
09/18/2013 8:00 pm
Snowyfox
You can look it up on Google, but a cracked server is just a server put in offline mode. That function was meant to allow server owners who have no internet access yet to play in their own servers single-player, hence the "Play Offline" mode of previous Minecraft versions still having the multiplayer button there. Now, they disabled that Play Offline button.

Why? Because people were manipulating that function to allow clients that somehow started up without passing through the main authorization services (where you login with your MC account so the only username you can play with is one you bought). This can be through a modified launcher, or the Play Offline feature of the old Minecraft launchers.

Now that the new 1.6 launcher doesn't allow offline playing, modified launcher makers still managed to crack the 1.6 launcher, and some launchers intended for other reasons (e.g. Magic Launcher for easy mod loading) still keep the Play Offline feature. So, yeah, they failed on cracking down the cracked community.

In general, cracked servers are servers that allow you to connect without logging into a premium/bought Minecraft account. As said above, this can be through the old Play Offline buttons or cracked launchers. The whole reason why the people are in the hype about it is because a lot believe that the only people who use cracked clients are those who refuse to pay for a good game.
09/18/2013 12:04 am
Level 20 : Expert Archer
Gamecool 10
I have a question, what is a "cracked" server?
09/17/2013 10:49 pm
Snowyfox
Finally! After such a long time, I've done up the rank paths. I haven't really finished the permissions yet, but I've made the ranks, gave each of them a daily "buff" (in the form of a interestingly-named potion) which are rather useful, and added color codes. Soon, we'll finish it completely. Meanwhile, overnight I will be doing some maintenance that will hopefully nuke the lag problems we have. Tomorrow, I shall be updating this page with the latest screenshots.

From your presumably friendly server owner,
Snowyfox
09/16/2013 5:15 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
mterror
I'd really like to join this server with my friend. we both have mc cracked with hamachi. can you help us? 1 more question: is there also another biome than the taiga/snowy one?
09/17/2013 4:54 pm
Snowyfox
Sorry, mterror, I can't really help others make a serv...one thing I can tell is avoid Hamachi tho, that's a shortcut that hurts you in the long run.

Also, no, we don't have any biomes other than the Taiga one, unless you happen to live in Diana's area (an area one of our admins made, which is all plains).
09/16/2013 12:07 pm
Snowyfox
Oh boy...another person voted us as horrible.

Guys, don't let the votes scare you. We've been busy lately, but most of us are still around to give help. It's a little quiet, but I'm often around to give you a sphere anytime. A lot of us still play in the server and find it very fun. If you're concerned about replayability, I've just added sphere resets to my list of sphere services. They come for free too, so if you feel if you screwed up your sphere into a dirty mess, feel free to ask me to clean it up and let you start a nice modern house like MnemonicPear is doing at the moment.
09/11/2013 4:33 pm
Snowyfox
Another quick bump. Kinda busy atm to make long bumps, but I'll try when I have the time.
09/10/2013 1:38 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump.
09/03/2013 8:18 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump.

I just updated the front page of this topic a bit, like removing a few outdated notices and updating the wall of honorable mention. I haven't done too much work yet on renewing this forum topic well, but so far it's up-to-date enough. Anybody coming on SC IB? We got spheres ready.
08/30/2013 10:45 pm
Snowyfox
Full bump!

At the current stage, the server's pretty stable enough for pretty comfortable gameplay. And I'm on more often, although that will change once my school year starts a few days later. But for now, I'll be around to give new members a cool new sphere and assist previous players. We got a new spawn now, which looks like a floating tank imo. Plenty more space for signs, but we aren't using as much signs anymore now that we've simplified a lot of things for those who don't like reading. Of course, for those who don't mind, they can get their fresh dose of nostalgia-inducing hyper-long rules with /rules, which explains each simple rule in a more detailed and clear manner.

So far, I'm offering fresh new second spheres (now you can have your original sphere and buy ONE extra sphere) for just RM4000. Seems pricy to new players, but after playing a while, you'll find that a very cheap price. For other services, such as clearing, I haven't really decided charges yet, but I'll assure that it's not exorbitant.

Of course, we all hate being charged for everything. For free stuff, we have the usual free gifts from before (the Frost Shield Watch which shields you very effectively against explosions and the Wehrmacht Rifle by Aviationftw936), but I plan to update the kits with some cool new free gifts. Maybe you guys can give me some suggestions before I start hurling out ideas on my own?

And, of course, I don't expect you to jump to the void whenever you're hungry. I just recreated the daily food kit, which now gives you 8 bread every 24 hours. Not too much, but will definitely support quite a while of playing here at SC IB.

So far, that's the changes I've made, hopefully it's good enough for you guys. As usual, if you want a quiet, small but unique and fun server, quote Michael Jackson.

Okay, I meant "This is it". Congratulations if you figured that out.

But yeah, we'd love some new members to our group of friends, so come on if you're not a jerk. :p

Snowyfox

P.S. I'll be updating tons of artwork soon, and I'm trying to fix the CTM issue with our current 1.6.2 version of the server resource pack before releasing it.
08/26/2013 12:57 am
Snowyfox
Nope, server's back to stable again. Stable and fast enough for new players. So...

Quick bump! Server's stable most of the time now, guys, and it's pretty fast too. A lot of us are becoming pretty active as well, so if you're worried you might not stumble upon any staff, just try your luck! It's a pretty good chance you'll find one.

And we got quite a few cool new features now. Did I tell you guys about our new GMR that has a slot machine and music? Wait, I think I did...anyways, I also support more services for spheres now, such as being able to buy a second sphere for RM4000! Wait, I think I said that too...Phail. Oh, our rank paths are still underway. Should be done in a while, though, give me some time.

I'm rusty...but you guys know what I'm talking about. New members, come in and join! Our community's starting to grow back to normal, so if you want a fun, relaxing and easy server to play around in, come by.

Snowyfox
08/25/2013 1:21 pm
Snowyfox
Alright, server getting more unstable...I'm reconsidering hosting the server on my computer or finding a free host or something. For now, we're getting started on refurbishing spawn, hopefully the end result will be feasible.
08/25/2013 12:06 pm
Snowyfox
Pardon the lag, guys, it's not a server hang, it's ClearLag triggering Java's garbage collector and unloading unused chunks whenever the TPS goes down to 10. It annoyingly lags the server for a while, but eventually it evens out and saves the server from yet another crash.

I'm going to add a broadcast message later that tells you that ClearLag is throwing out the commands, and so that you can distinguish between a real server hang and just ClearLag flushing out the RAM usage.
08/25/2013 12:04 pm
Snowyfox
We use it so that peoples' spheres are protected from others. We've had quite a bit of griefers over time, so it helps a lot.
08/23/2013 8:48 pm
Level 22 : Expert Explorer
SyntaxError73
why... do.... people.... use............ FACTIONS!!
08/23/2013 8:47 pm
Snowyfox
Alright, guys, the server is becoming more stable now, but problems still arise when it gets to 5/6. Like, it would be stable, but after a while, the server starts having a spasm. So far, I've managed to keep the server up and full with a lot of /lagg gc and /lagg unloadchunks.

Maybe I can find a solution to the memory leak I found. But for now, join in if you like, the server should be stable enough for you to have quite some fun

Snowyfox
08/23/2013 12:39 pm
Snowyfox
Alright, I just set the RAM limit to 128mb, and the server isn't getting random crashes anymore. We've only had 1 full crash so far, and it showed the error logs of GC crashing because of not enough RAM.

Otherwise, we've only gotten a few 5-minute long player kicks. So, yeah, server seems more stable. It IS more laggy passively, but I think it's still fairly playable. Hopefully things get better and our server jumps back to normal. For now, new players, you can come in if you like, and if you don't see staff around, you can come back later, but otherwise if you're a player that is very gritty towards a few lag spikes here and there, it's better that you do not come to this server at the moment and maybe check again next month or so.

For now, have fun, guys. I'm considering hosting the server on my computer.

Snowyfox
08/22/2013 2:44 pm
Snowyfox
Yeah...and after a few tests, I think I can safely conclude that the server is considerably stable if there are 3 or less people online. Over that, and the server starts to hang a lot. Otherwise, if you're playing alone or with another person around, you'll only get a few hangs here and there and sometimes a random kick, but the server is nicely playable.

So, yeah, join in and we can all build cool stuff quietly, guys. Have fun.

Snowyfox
08/21/2013 9:52 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
The-Shadow
I haven't seen too much in the way of lag over the past few days. At least when I'm online. I'd say this is as stable as the server has been in a good while.
08/21/2013 1:19 pm
Snowyfox
We're having tons of lag problems, I'm trying to fix it at the moment. Passive lag is not that much, but we're having serious and deadly lag spikes often for some reason. Symptoms already start at just 2/6. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Snowyfox
08/20/2013 11:06 pm
Snowyfox
Alright, guys, I returned from Malaysia. I'll be on much more often now, and it'd be nice if everybody else came on often too. I'll also start writing down the new rank paths, so if you have any suggestions, go ahead and post here or on our Enjin.
08/19/2013 1:13 am
Snowyfox
OMG phail...The motd said the server was 1.5.2 since I restarted it...I just updated it, it'll update in the next restart. P.S. by the time I'm writing this post, the little internet tweak I made has let me log into the server. I'm not playing directly yet, but I'm keeping an eye, and I can talk pretty smoothly in chat. So, if you're awake very late (says it's 1:10AM Toronto time here), come on and play.

BTW, tomorrow I'll be taking the flight back to Toronto, so I can't go on console for a while. I'll still check the server at the airports I'll be stopping by, but it means that the period in between checks will be longer. Hopefully the server doesn't crash.
08/19/2013 1:12 am
Snowyfox
OMG phail...The motd said the server was 1.5.2 since I restarted it...I just updated it, it'll update in the next restart. P.S. by the time I'm writing this post, the little internet tweak I made has let me log into the server. I'm not playing directly yet, but I'm keeping an eye, and I can talk pretty smoothly in chat. So, if you're awake very late (says it's 1:10AM Toronto time here), come on and play.

BTW, tomorrow I'll be taking the flight back to Toronto, so I can't go on console for a while. I'll still check the server at the airports I'll be stopping by, but it means that the period in between checks will be longer. Hopefully the server doesn't crash.
08/16/2013 5:22 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump. So, anybody gonna, err, post on this topic? I know you guys aren't AWOL, I see you in the server.
08/15/2013 12:26 pm
Snowyfox
Quick midnight/morning bump. My internet is very unstable...attempting to use SSH from my Debian machine is horrifyingly slow and crashy, often allowing me to type only 2 lines or so. Windows fares much better, but it still suffers the hang after about 5 lines, which forces me to not connect to the server for about 1 minute.

So I can't go on console much and neither can I onto the server itself in MC.

Therefore, I only can help you guys out once I'm back at Toronto in about a little more than a week. For now, all I can do is restart the server when it crashes. Staff members, please help the server recouperate while I'm away. There has been a few new members coming on (thanks for coming even at 0/6!), so it'll be nice if someone's there to give them a sphere at least.

I've gotten news that Diana has returned (yay!), so hopefully her and everybody else will be around more often. If nobody's around, don't try to work. Just grab a second sphere (admins can do that for free, others will have to buy from admins) and start a new project or act like you're starting out fresh. That'll keep you entertained even with nobody around. And if somebody sticks around for an entire hour, I reckon somebody will arrive to continue the chain reaction.

For now, have fun, guys, and godspeed.

Snowyfox
08/14/2013 7:23 am
Snowyfox
Quick bump!

Thanks, LouiiJP, for coming on the server. Sorry to see that no one was around to give you a sphere. Hopefully you'll get one should you come back.

New players, if you see the server as 0/6, come in and peep for a second. Sometimes I'm around on console. If nobody's around, just come back later. After a few tries, I'm sure you'll get a sphere. Sorry for the inconvinience. We ARE recovering...
08/14/2013 12:25 am
Snowyfox
Guys, I've finished "SnowCraft Istanbul for dummies". Here's the download link.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/rrk ... 9.mht?dl=1

I think some of you might find it useful. Feel free to give suggestions for revisions. It's a single file (.mht file, made by Word), not a whole folder like normal HTML files. Open it with any browser (if your default browser doesn't open the file with a double click, start the browser itself and do CTRL-O to open from there).
08/13/2013 11:23 am
Snowyfox
Bonjour, mon amis!

First off, sorry for being quite a jerk lately. Yet again, in my defense, I should be enjoying my holiday, not cracking my head over a Minecraft server all the time.

(1) Anyways, there has been some dispute in our Skype channel...oh wait, I forgot to tell you guys about that. If you would like to be in our few-weeks-old Skype channel, just add "Lorden Von Chivulae" as a contact, and I'll add you into the chat myself. So far, we already have over 10 members in it, although only like 3 or 4 are actually around.

If you don't have a Skype account, feel free to chat on our Enjin page. For those accustomed with telnetting BBSes, I'll be very grateful if you joined Valhalla Home Services (valhalla.synchro.net), a BBS I've been in since a long time ago. You might be see Avi, Diana or Leb around as well.

(2) Otherwise, I will not be able to do much patch changes since the internet speed here is too slow and unstable. Fortunately, I just did a little tweaking a while ago, and it seems to be helping a lot. If it continues like this, maybe I can quickly fire up the new rank paths.

(3) I've been seeing quite a few players come in the server even though nobody is around. Thanks for doing so, guys, and keep it up. It's unfortunate that a lot of the time nobody comes to cure the chastisement of loneliness, but if staff is around often to help new players get started and chain reactions occur frequently, we just might jumpstart the server back into an active community

(4) Wondering about Merdeka? It'll be delayed until the community is mostly back. If this doesn't happen...well, "wake me up when September ends". loljk, but we'll celebrate it before September ends then. Hopefully the attendance list will be healthily full/long.

(5) If we manage to get SC Istanbul back on its feet, I might consider setting up a seperate North American SC colony. Any ideas, guys, if you support this notion? I'm thinking of making a chunk based server somehow, and we'll name it "Paris" or "Chicago". There'll be streets in between each chunk and underground "sewers" to explore as well. Or maybe we could make a mainland server (this new colony will be hosted on my laptop).

(6) Don't support the notion? Don't worry! None of us are giving up on this server. Instead, you can help give some tips on how to make this server better. So post away on this page and our Enjin page, guys :p

(7) All those awaiting promotions, please tell me. For those waiting to get into the new rank paths, please wait patiently, I'll see if I can implement them soon.

(8) I will be making a few changes to teh services I'll provide, if you don't mind :
(a) I will no longer be providing chunk services to non-premium-chunk owners. I will also no longer make and sell new chunks. I'm doing this because a lot of people are constantly playing on our chunks, not on our spheres. Ruins the point of the server...I'll still provide some services to premium-chunk owners, and I'll make a river for you if you request.
(b) I will start selling spheres (less than 50% of our spheres are being used at the moment) for RM4000. This is perfect for those who want to try a new sphere life but don't want to start a new account or clear their current sphere. Or maybe they want a new location. All players can only own up to two spheres at a time (their original given sphere and a purchased one), and players without any spheres are automatically given one for free.
(c) With the new and more flexible staff-rank-switching guidelines, I might seem a little more strict on staff committing crimes or harassing the players in any way. But these guidelines also allow a demoted staff member to get back to their original rank if the citizens as a majority ask for it, or if the aforementioned staff member seems nicer than before.
(d) I'm itching for work, so I might ask other staff members to do stuff for me much less often.

(9) Other notes :
(a) I might continue the mini-adminshop idea.
(b) If we make another colony, I might make a special adminshop that sells notable products from that colony for a cheaper price (e.g. cheaper spruce from Northern SnowCraft colonies).
(c) I might make a special shop complex that sells adminshop items for a discounted price, but must be constantly supplied by players. Of course, these new supplier jobs include a nifty commission for suppliers, so those who are interested in supplying this special shop complex might be on teh path to RICHES (pardon the Caps).
(d) I might make a document called "Snowyfox's Guide to SnowCraft Istanbul" or something along those lines. Maybe in HTML, text, in-game book or maybe even an Applesoft BASIC program. Will be very helpful for new players and experienced players that shockingly and absolutely do not know how to play on spheres effectively (yesh dey existz).
(e) I might make a custom adventure map that involves a heroine and a lot of explosions. Boo yeah. Oh, and new SnowCraftian tanks. And yes, you are going to use one of them if I were to make this adventure map. BOOM!
(f) Guys, please get accustomed to the city hall, I might put notices there much more often now. A handy warp sign to it has been placed right under the warphouse sign.
(g) I used to be an adventurer like you, but then I took an arrow in the knee. *rimshot*

Can I get my Guiness World Record for spamming overly long posts now?
Have fun, guys. See you at the end of this month.

Snowyfox
08/03/2013 10:56 am
Snowyfox
Making a quick bump!

I'm gonna start using a lighter, more flexible strategy to picking SC Istanbul's board of staff and their ranks. I'm also gonna start writing down the new rank paths soon. For now, keep playing, guys, and have fun! If the server's down, just check up every hour, I start the server back up after at most 10 hours. I check fairly often lately. :p

Snowyfox
07/28/2013 5:02 am
Snowyfox
Good news for once...The internet cap was reset here, so I now get about 80kbps of speed (as long as I don't blow the cap again before the middle of next month). Tis'll help me repair the server a bit, and now I can join in with you guys to check out the server myself. And the server seems to have stabilized a bit, guys, so come on please.

The situation at the moment is kinda like the bad times of last time, but we'll recover. And we could use more new members, although the server might not be 24/7. So, join in, guys, time to play on spheres again! I have something to tell you guys anyways

Snowyfox
07/27/2013 9:02 am
Snowyfox
There, finally this damn thing loads.

Sorry, the server is INCREDIBLY unstable. I've just started it up again, but it'll probably go down in the next hour or something. I want to get it stable and resume my duty again, but I can't, the internet connection here is wayyy too slow. I only get 10kbps, and even that is very unstable. If you're wondering why I'm often missing, that's why.

I'll try to make it stable, but situation seems grim a bit. Worst come worst, we have to wait AGAIN until I return to Toronto, where I can begin hosting the server on my laptop again (you can still play on Fridays and Saturdays as I planned) while I can better fix the problem. Sorry, guys. I'm actually planning to find a good server for all of us to chill out at while I fix the problem.

For now, keep an eye, but take some time to play some other games, because it doesn't seem like this problem will be fixed soon (It's possible, though, and I hope that happens).
07/24/2013 5:24 pm
mirad45
why is the server down?
07/24/2013 4:47 am
Snowyfox
Alright! Server's up!
07/24/2013 4:44 am
Snowyfox
Alrighty, starting it up.
07/24/2013 4:41 am
Snowyfox
Verdamnnt, the server closed itself again...let me stabilize it a little...
07/24/2013 4:40 am
Snowyfox
The server is up! I repeat, the server is UP!
07/23/2013 6:16 pm
mirad45
yay full honorable mention
07/23/2013 11:35 am
Snowyfox
Sorry for the wait, guys! My VPS request has been approved after less than a day. Thanks, Host1free! I'm uploading all the server files at the moment.

If I can keep the connection up overnight, uploading will be done by morning at Petaling Jaya here. Then SC Istanbul will be back, 24/7

Sorry, mirad45, forgot to put you on the list again. If you're seeing this post, you'll notice your name up by then.

Thanks for the patience, guys. See you soon!

Snowyfox
07/21/2013 12:52 pm
mirad45
i hope you get the server up as fast as possible i really mis SC
07/21/2013 7:59 am
Snowyfox
Sorry! I swear, they said we didn't have to reregister, but apparently we should -.-

I just sent a new VPS registeration request, it was accepted. Now I'm waiting for approval, hopefully it'll be fast.

Kinda my fault, kinda their fault. In any case, sorry for the trouble and wait, guys. Hope to see you once SC comes back on!
07/21/2013 8:27 am
Level 23 : Expert Network
Seivelath
I tried to sign up to one, but it was denied
07/21/2013 1:04 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
The-Shadow
For SnowCraft!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com