Is this allowed???????

_Seal's Avatar _Seal7/27/17 4:13 pm
1 emeralds 324 7
7/27/2017 7:00 pm
_Seal's Avatar _Seal
Hey, i was just wondering if its allowed to take blocks from different texture packs and put them in your own as a mashup pack? Its an original pack just using already made blocks/items. Please respond i'm thinking about making a texture pack
_Seal
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/27/2017 7:00 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Miner
_Seal
Ok thanks to everyone who answered me
07/27/2017 6:13 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Fox
Foxy
_SealHey, i was just wondering if its allowed to take blocks from different texture packs and put them in your own as a mashup pack? Its an original pack just using already made blocks/items. Please respond i'm thinking about making a texture pack

If you aren't planning on uploading it to the site then there's nothing wrong with it. However if you were wanting to upload it here, there are some guidelines you'd need to follow.

The only way we allow you to have other people's textures in your pack is if you both:
1. Heavily edit the texture(s) to the point that it's no longer obvious at a glance that it's the other person's texture, and
2. Receive permission from the original owner of the textures to include the heavily edited version of their texture in your pack. You must provide proof of this on your submission.

In addition, at least 50% of the pack must be your own work. You can not upload a pack consisting entirely of edited textures, even if you followed the 2 steps above.
07/27/2017 5:24 pm
Level 20 : Expert Goblin
MajorDOT
Well, to take it a step further. Jtrent is almost entirely correct. You will need permission from any creators whos work you are planning on using. And yes it must be a private use pack Unless ALL creators give explicit permission to use some of their textures in a mashup texturepack and allow for it to be reposted. Now I am sure a few texture pack creators will allow for this as long as you actually take the time to ask them, are kind to them, and you're willing to give them credits. Not all content creators will give these kinds of permissions though, soo... good luck.
07/27/2017 4:37 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Modder
jtrent238
Yes if it meets one of the following:
• Only if you have permission from the person who made the original pack(s).
• It's a private pack.
07/27/2017 4:17 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Try PMing a site moderator:

https://www.planetminecraft.com/team
07/27/2017 5:52 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
Ralex
Stop telling people to PM site mods. This is why the tickets exist.
07/27/2017 5:59 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Princess
Havingfun_ISKEY
Sorry, my mistake. Thanks for correcting me.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome