Unable to figure out this crash

mediabanana's Avatar mediabanana6/28/17 3:36 am
1 emeralds 274 6
6/29/2017 10:19 am
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
So, my minecraft has been doing this thing for a little while now -but I've had a hell of a time figuring it out. I have no idea what to even call it or how to describe it (which makes it very hard to google). It doesn't actually crash so there's no way for me to actually look into it (no crash = no crash report).

I took a video... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOyKM_dwPw (I edited this to fix the orientation and stabilize it -youtube is still processing the edit)

This is completely client side -the server is unaffected by what's going on, and it happens whether playing locally or on the server.

I haven't noticed anything in particular that sets it off -I can go days without it happening, or it can happen minutes after the last time. Minecraft has to be completely closed out before continuing to play.

Also, it happens outside of actual game play (once it starts). I mean, I can go all the way back to the "single player or multi player" menu screen -and it'll keep doing this.

Again, it doesn't actually crash, so there's no crash report -I've tried forcing it to crash by doing all kinds of things after it starts. But it won't crash -it'll just keep doing it. The game runs fine behind all of the frame clutter.

I've tried reinstalling, i've tried vanilla, I've tried different versions of minecraft and forge -- All the same. I should point out that i'm not exactly new to minecraft, I've managed servers with 20+ mods balanced out -since the dark ages before the "mods" folder was a thing.
mediabanana
Level 1 : New Miner