What did you do when you first played Minecraft?

Mihara's Avatar Mihara7/4/12 5:56 pm
7/6/2012 11:24 am
KittyCatWithGlasses's Avatar KittyCatWithGlasses
It was back in Alpha, I couldn't punch blocks for some reason. Two hours later, I found out you had to hold the left mouse button and I was spamming it. Then I made a crafting table and a hole in a mountain. My adventure started there.
~Mihara
Mihara
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/06/2012 11:24 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Pony
KittyCatWithGlasses
I was absolutely TERRIFIED of the mobs.
I dug a 3 by 2 little cave and hid in the corner with my stick.
My second morning I walked outside and was dive-bombed by a creeper.
07/06/2012 11:18 am
Level 44 : Master Gent
AyreTV
I tried digging by just clicking the mouse once. Nothing would break and so I gave up. The next day I held the mouse down and that is how I got stated.

-georgegoessmall
07/06/2012 11:15 am
Level 25 : Expert Pony
bravius
I bought it in classic, just started up multiplayer. I played one server, and wow I was addicted. I don't know how many friends I made but I still play classic up to this day ^^
and someday I'll start going on the regular servers. I usually play in singleplayer survival, and I was all about that when I found it in 1.0... Well let's say 14 dollars well spent. and I found about planetminecraft way after. So minecraft was a big leap from some other stuff :3
07/06/2012 11:06 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragon
WallOfHeads
It was in alpha, and I just got the game. Zombies started spawning all around me. So I dug a hole in stayed in it until my fear of the undead was gone. TRANSLATION:Peaceful. Then a pig pushed me into a lake, where I drowned. I started a new world, where I made a base made of diamonds. Not really... I failed a second time. Then I actually understood the game, and no longer thought that the goal of the game was to slaughter as many cows as possible. I made a giant santa statue and made a base in a stone island in the middle of a snow biome. I soon got tired of surviving,so I went on the unpaid servers and began to own at that one lava volcano thing back in mt day. Around christmas, I got tekkit, and played that for a while, then got hooked on creative. I joined the McF server and I am about to apply for WoK. I quit McF for a while and played some Roleplay Factions servers. I switched back a little bit ago, for the Factions server was too stressful. At the moment I am obsessed with tekkit. The End. I just realized that that was not the start of my minecraft journey. Oh well.
07/06/2012 10:43 am
Level 40 : Master Demolitionist
gooberboy11
About a Year ago, I would go to my Unckles house all the time, But i saw him play MC I didnt know what to do and at first i thought this game was stupid... But after i saw him make the hugest castle in 1.3 beta, I started watching Minecraft on Youtube. Then one day my unckle called me and said for my birthday I should get MC, so i did.

The first time i played it i was confused at first, So i called up my unckle and he Taught me the controls

(This is where I say what i first did in Mc)

I started about 2-3 worlds. One was the greatest world i thought i ever had, I built a castle and all goes well, Then in my second world i built a water house and made a train system, I also found a Really really huge cave I found sooo much diamond and gold, Iron etc

Tl;Dr
I built a Huge castle and built a Good looking water house and made a train system, I also found alot of Ores Alot...
07/06/2012 10:40 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Crafter
Koka
._. yeah i learned how to kill a sheep, tried to get a tree by clicking it, started to panic at night, looked over to my right, some glowing eyes beated me to death, (diddnt know what a endermen was) i thought it was a small native boy with a basket, i was friggen terrified and found out how to use creative, which then i learned what a creeper was, and i was jumping up and down trying to build, which then i was flying and couldnt get down from the sky, so i got a new creative world, i flew again, eventually i learned how to get down after pressing every key. and i went from there... it was a harm time o_o
07/06/2012 10:35 am
Level 24 : Expert Warrior
TheCopperWarrior
I punched a tree. Then i learned you have to hold the left mouse button.
07/06/2012 10:28 am
Level 30 : Artisan Explorer
RangedSCOTT
Before I played minecraft, I watched let's plays. So in 1.3 when I first played I knew what to do. I built my house in the mountains and my only friend was a my Maid Ms. Chicken. I built my home on the worst mountain ever. No coal, iron, redstone, not even water. My maid died due to a creeper. There would be 6 creepers waiting for me on the top of the mountain. I swear I felt like I built my house on a creeper burial site. I was trolled, by creepers.
07/06/2012 10:13 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
noahdutch
Like many others here, it took me awhile to finally figure out I had to hold down the left mouse

Then I built an epic 4 story building of plain old wood ( Not planks, wood ) by basically cutting down a whole forest. In survival mode. In my first week of playing the game.

I was only able to craft stuff by keeping open the site minecraft-crafting.net, which really lagged my game.

Anyways, here I am now, playing Minecraft with my friend Levi_Rocker.
07/06/2012 10:04 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Miner
clemenschua
Simple! Punch a tree, collect at least half a stack. Craft all to wooden planks except hlaf of the wood. craft a crafting table. craft a wooden pick. mine. get cobblestone, build a house (with cobble or wooden planks)

After that, start mining! Reach almost bedrock level and get diamonds! Fortifying an island is good, with a mine directly down. Have fun mining! My idea of an island, would be a huge one, but floating on water. It has a crop farm so i wont run out of food, and a tree farm so i wont run out of wood. a mine and a house would finish that off.

And that, was what i did.
07/06/2012 10:03 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Engineer
opticcorn20
my friend was screaming at me what to do but i didnt do it!
07/06/2012 9:59 am
opticcorn20
well i mean, i did die alot and try to hid behind trees
07/06/2012 9:58 am
opticcorn20
i punched a single tree and flowers and grass for two minecraft days straight without realizing u had to build anything or how to break blocks.
07/06/2012 9:52 am
Level 1 : New Crafter
xCandyFTW
Punched wood and make a 2x1 shelter in the ground haha good times good times!
07/06/2012 9:33 am
Level 1 : New Miner
TheKhan
Back in Alpha the good old days, I strategically hid in the water during the first night. I then proceeded to become a Dwarf and mined an entire underground complex after 2 day's of playing. All with stone wood and paranoia did I survive. Then I made a lava moat and I accidentaly flooded the house and killed myself, the good old days...
07/06/2012 9:30 am
KatelynT
i built a unicorn go me !!!!

its funny cause it was only a couple months agooo

good times, good times
07/06/2012 9:24 am
Level 44 : Master Pokemon
jackattack4000
I wandered around, then when it was almost night a creeper came behind me and blew me up.
07/06/2012 8:39 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
ExtremeOwnage
I just walked around I had killed one pig and one cow and then I saw A creeper, I knew they killed you I just never knew how. So I went over to it and I hit it, I then ran, I stopped, It came beside me (yet I was back at the spawn so it didnt matter) and it bew up, I came back got the stone dirt and a few blocks of wood and then ran off again
07/06/2012 8:33 am
Level 26 : Expert Engineer
Technofreak301
Here it is in steps:
1: I awed at the epic landscape the world generation had created.
2: I punched trees.
3: I went to the top of a mountain surrounded by water and built a dirt house.
4: I crafted a pick and mined stuff.
5: I changed my house to cobble and added an underwater entrance.
6: I went down this cave and found an abandoned mineshaft with a mob spawner.
I broke it. (noobness)
7: I found lava and picked some up with a bucket I had.
8: I poured some on my house to make a mobproof house but died.

And that's the start(plus part of middle, but ignore this bit) of my very first journey in the world of Minecraft.
07/06/2012 8:24 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Crafter
Aeralisk
I walked up to a tree, look at it for a bit, and punched it into logs until Level: Chuck Norris was achieved...
07/06/2012 8:01 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Taco
link433
I blew up a village
07/06/2012 7:56 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
yang1236
I built a house and stayed within 100 block range of the house. I did everything in my house, Crafting room, Mine, Bedroom, Kitchen and stuff! I did not go out of range because I thought I would get lost!
07/06/2012 7:03 am
MinecraftMateo
I thought, that the game is about crafting, but I didn't know how to craft anything, so I opened Minecraft Wiki....
... and out of memoried, because I've played on Far distance with a 32-bit Windows XP and I watched a Youtube video during it.
07/06/2012 6:58 am
Level 28 : Expert Narwhal
kayninesquad
I had no idea what to do so i dug a mini hole and stayed there because i couldnt get out lol
07/06/2012 6:54 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Network
NathanLithia
Well first I was Rapid clicking blocks and i was like WTF y cant i break this
then i realised that i had to hold down T_T

Later on spent lots of time trying to figure out how to craft lawl
once i figured it out i made a massive 9 story tower out of Grass
07/06/2012 6:54 am
Level 28 : Expert Artist
Aeiou562
It took me ages to understand how the ladders worked...
07/06/2012 6:53 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Cake
RevCity
This first time I played Minecraft, I quit in the first 3min cause I thought the classic version was much better. I realized my mistake half a year later. lol
07/06/2012 6:50 am
Level 15 : Journeyman Hunter
KarsL
I didn't know how it worked, i didn't know that you should keep pressing your mouse, i was only clicking! i only had flowers and that kinda shit, i survived the nights on little islands and I made holes in the ground
07/06/2012 6:48 am
CRAFTKND
Logged on i was stuck in a cave xD
07/06/2012 6:18 am
JumbaTheMartian
I just walked around punching stuff. I couldn't craft ANYTHING - just a stick. I survived at night by making a 1x1 dirt barricade. This was back in 1.4 by the way. Also, my friend Mjega told me about Creepers. He said they were "giant exploding -- that are yellow". I instantly took this to mind and started looking for a ... peculiar .. shaped animal. I saw one and it was bigger than I had expected. BOOM!! Dead. My score: e&o. People who played MC up to 1.7.3 know what I'm talking about with the score. Right?

It's all coming back to me now. I thought stone was just a useless block you couldn't collect. Hand + Stone = Fail.

My first "house" was a cottage made of sand on a beautiful island. I later explored some neighbouring islands and thus lost my way home. I did have a bed but slept in another whilst trying to find my house. I was so sad because I spent a long time working to get items in the chest I had.

My next house was made of dirt first. I later learned of InvEdit and messed up the level with TNT. Gotta love that stuff.

My first good-ish house was a 2 storey house made of cobble. This is when I stopped using InvEdit so it's legit.

I know most of you have amazing first houses, but I come from humble beginnings.

- Jumba
07/06/2012 6:10 am
Level 30 : Artisan Cake
That One Guy73
I like the seed I spawned in... Spawned in a village!
07/06/2012 6:07 am
Level 23 : Expert Engineer
ToxicPeanuts
I also thought that redstone torches are more powerfull than normal ones...
07/06/2012 5:52 am
Level 44 : Master Engineer
M0R0Z
i thought tnt was only decorative... and i set my redstone torch beside it >.<
lets just say, it ended bad.
07/06/2012 5:51 am
Konrad999
I built a sand house and then the roof collapsed....... and then i raged XD
07/06/2012 5:42 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
AustinTheHobbit
spammed my crafting table til i found out how to make a pickaxe (googled it) then i dug straight down until i hit this weird bright blue ore and i n=mined it with a wooden pickaxe and fell in lava .-.
07/06/2012 5:37 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Warrior
josheyhalo
started 1.6.6

and be leaved mining was bad tmi was good
07/06/2012 4:51 am
TheBlockMaster
I punched sheep for about 20 minutes... that was it... LIKE A BLAWK!
07/06/2012 4:49 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Crafter
joose2001
First thing I did was fall down a ravine and died
07/06/2012 4:42 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
Mihara
Keep em coming, nice everyone.
07/06/2012 3:08 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
StrateKill
The First night on minecraft for me was

-Running in circles
-Walking backwards and falling off a cliff
-Raging when i died

Until i found out that you have to break blocks and use them to make houses, Made my first house out of dirt (4x4). Then i got the hang of it

-StrateKill
07/06/2012 1:31 am
Level 22 : Expert Cake
MinecraftNerd19
There are chances I was the only pro when I started, no video or anything, I had spawned in a new world and made a amazing house with 3 floors, Nether portal, all had blue wool floor (starting in 1.2 beta then 1.3 beta) and what i did was dig down to 12 and mined straight, left and right and came up with 50+ diamonds
07/06/2012 1:27 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Crafter
bjjdude
my minecraft pro freind showed me it on a video beforehand, then i played it with him, We took turns every night playing, he made a giant glass house for me,
And then afterwards i descorversed spc
THEN I RAIDED THE PLACE WITH DIAMOND BLOCKS AND A EPIC MINECART TO MY SWAGMOBEL.
THE END =D
07/06/2012 1:22 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Crafter
sbbenwah1
I couldn't figure out how people got 3X3 crafting table and i flipped, then i made a house out of logs because i didn't know you can make wood planks
07/06/2012 1:20 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
sckooterzach3
i hugged a creeper didnt know anything about the game and spawned on night wtf
07/06/2012 1:24 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
XDaixxZ
Spawned on nigth? it was in a server or in Single Player? o.o
07/06/2012 1:18 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
Metal_Man_II
I changed the world type to superflat, and hardcore...Derp
07/06/2012 1:27 am
coragamy
EPICNESS. lol
07/06/2012 1:18 am
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Elf
Exurbia
Ran around like an idiot trying to destroy blocks then realizing that you have to hold down the mouse button to break things.
07/06/2012 1:09 am
coragamy
It was 1.1(not beta) and i had just watched the first few episodes of paulsoaresjr so i knew what to do. Then i started my world and raged cause i was on an island with no tree.
07/06/2012 1:08 am
Oaklander
I was a noob back in 1.2_02 Beta and I was trying to play minecraft. The first thing I did was try breaking something. I hit the dirt and gots some. Secound I thought of wood. I ran over to a tree and simultaniously clicked it til' I got a piece. By evening I figured how to really cut down trees. I ran over to the tree again and clicked on the tree and held the button until the tree fell into the small cubes. I wen't over to another tree and built with dirt mixed with wood and leaves as the roof. I felt like I was watching the yogscast. At morning I looked outside and yelled " WOO I MADE IT THROUGH MY FIRST NIGHT ON MINECRAFT! ". I walked out of my dirt house and a skeleton hit me, woah it was scary. I turned around and saw creeper and I had a pokerface moment. Boom, I died the secound day XD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome