Minecraft Maps

Helm's Deep: The Battle of the Hornburg

  • 13 diamonds
  • 1,073 views, 2 today
  • 9 comments
  • 0 favorites
  • 13
  • 0
  • 9
avatar bilbolaggins
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
5
Welcome Hobbits!

I'm currently building a close representation of Tolkien's Helm's Deep from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers. So far I have completed about 75% of the build: the remaining 25% being the Glittering Caves, the camp site behind the Deeping Wall, some more terraforming, and obviously detail.

My desire to build this came from watching the films, and noticing that the current Helm's Deeps that have been built in Minecraft are pretty bad. I wanted to show that it is possible to craft such a thing in this blocky game.

The texture pack I am using can be found here. I am also using the plugin 'Monster Blocks' in order to access the additional blocks that have been placed in the metadata of existing blocks by the texture pack creator. For example, I can select a cobweb and cycle through the metadata of that block until I reach my desired texture of chain. This allows for so much more.

Hopefully the final and completed version will be available to download soon if I get enough diamonds ;). I estimate a few more weeks until total completion.

-milowesto

Additional Notes

Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers

Sauron's forces increase. His allies grow. The Ringwraiths return in an even more frightening form. Saruman's army of Uruk Hai is ready to launch an assault against Aragorn and the people of Rohan. Yet, the Fellowship is broken and Boromir is dead. For the little hope that is left, Frodo and Sam march on into Mordor, unprotected. A number of new allies join with Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Pippin and Merry. And they must defend Rohan and attack Isengard. Yet, while all this is going on, Sauron's troops mass toward the City of Gondor, for the War of the Ring is about to begin. Written by Yuandi Li

Resources: LOTR Wiki, the Peter Jackson adaptations
CreditJamziboyMinecraft for the map, THRMReactor for hosting the server and helping with some parts
Progress75% complete
Tags

1
06/30/2013 11:24 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
colts79
Texture Pack?
1
07/01/2013 3:31 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
bilbolaggins
Read the description.
1
07/03/2013 4:19 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
colts79
lol ty
1
06/02/2013 3:14 pm
Level 26 : Expert Lumberjack
InTENsity
10th diamond. =D
1
05/27/2013 4:13 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
colts79
Wheres the Download????
I about jizzed myself when i saw this!
1
05/27/2013 4:15 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
bilbolaggins
Soon! :D
1
05/27/2013 4:12 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
borgtrek7
Diamond + Sub.

Goddamn amazing!
1
05/27/2013 4:13 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer
bilbolaggins
Thanks man!
1
05/27/2013 4:13 pm
Level 22 : Expert Scribe
borgtrek7
No problem! ^_^
Planet Minecraft Logo

Website

© 2010 - 2020
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome