Why are the Social Media capes on Java edition delayed by nearly 2 months?

Daralexen's Avatar Daralexen5/16/24 1:39 am
5 emeralds 191 2
5/22/2024 6:14 pm
Daralexen's Avatar Daralexen
Recently, there have been promotions with Twitch and an upcoming promotion with TikTok on the 18th to celebrate 15 years of Minecraft. These include giving away prizes such as Bedrock Character Creator cosmetics and capes. I received my Twitch cape today, but I was only able to equip it on my Nintendo Switch with Bedrock Edition, but not on my PC with Java Edition or on my Phone with Bedrock Edition. I searched for more information regarding the Twitch cape on Java, and it turns out that Java players will have these capes by July 8th, 2024. I do not remember any other cross-platform cape such as Vanilla or Cherry Blossom being delayed for one platform.
Daralexen
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner