Wasted Opportunity (School Story 10-20-2023)

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM10/20/23 10:30 pm history
7 emeralds 360 2
10/21/2023 8:17 am
IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM
Before Classes: Yet another calm morning bus ride, with a nap towards the end. Today, we (the grade) were supposed to go on a field trip to a ropes course, but it was postponed due to the rain to the November 15th. As a result, I wasn’t sure if the English homework (reading the first 34 pages of the book we’re reading in class) was due today or Monday, so I had read 17 pages last night, and I read the other 17 today. I also brought my bag of swim clothes for PE, but upon arrival at school, I saw that it was indoor PE for everyone except the water polo team, so my swim bag is still in my locker for Monday. Gabriel told me he had determined the cause of the postponing of the trip: Isaac. See, during the cross country meet yesterday afternoon, he got 127th place (127 as an unholy number is an in-joke between us and a few others), and 5 minutes later, the principal sent out the email announcing the trip postponing.

Band: Mr. Gills was his usual crazy self, and we played a song that starts out slow, gets fast after one line (at measure 11), and then gets even faster for the last two.

English: We did a thing in a circle where we all read out a poem in different ways around the circle. First, each person read a line, then each person read to a punctuation mark, then each person read a sentence, and finally, we did the same thing, but in groups of 2-3. Me, Shehrzad, and Theo had the daunting task of reading the first sentence, and we also had to do movements while read, so Shehrzad brought over Stella (whose group was reading the second sentence) to help us. Well, Theo didn’t pay attention. It was so awkward when we were reading in front of everyone else.

Spanish: We just did a worksheet. Nothing more, nothing less.

Math: We got a two-page assignment that was homework if we didn’t finish, but it wasn’t too bad. I’m about 3/4 done with it, so yay. (Also, the sub was the same as yesterday.)

Lunch: I made a post about this too, but I’ll write it here because I like talking about it. After I had finished my food and put my plate away, while I was just talking to my friends at my table, Lucy came over and asked if I like Stella. I felt that same feeling in my stomach that I feel when I get in trouble for something or get locked out of my PMC account, like the weird login bug that happened yesterday. (I thought in my head, “I felt this same feeling less than a day ago… ugh.”) She elaborated that Stella had been receiving texts asking her to rate me out of 10 and if she liked me. I glanced towards Kaylah, who I had a feeling had a part in it due to her always being the one that tells people my crush without my permission. Lucy said she saw the glance, and while Kaylah protested that she had sent similar things to other people (I’m not mad at her), she went over to her table (right behind ours) and said, “Stella is very pretty,” like a saleswoman trying to pitch me a car. I debated what I should say, and decided to respond, “Not anymore.” I still don’t know if I made the right choice. I mean, that could’ve been the perfect moment to finally admit to liking her… I feel like it was a wasted opportunity (title drop). There’s a party tomorrow night that me and my friends are going to, and I hope her and her friends will be there, and that they’ll talk to me in some way about it. (I’m too nervous to initiate a conversation myself.) Around 5 minutes later, we went up to recess in the varsity gym and me and Alex had to dodge poly spots being thrown at us by Solzy for some reason.

HIstory: There was a sub (different from the past two days), and he just had a us do a worksheet.

PE: Indoor PE again (seriously, it seems to be a thing now for it to rain almost every Friday), so I didn’t have to swim. Me ne my friends (Bria, Kaylah, Leela, ZJ, Alex, Jarius, Nicky, Wyatt, and someone else who I’m forgetting) played volleyball on a team together, and won one of the three games. (It was the last one, with a score of 18-8.)

Science: I went downstairs for Science and the sub told me I was 10 minutes early, so I went back upstairs and brought my backpack, coat, and saxophone back to the lab with me so I could leave from there. We did a worksheet in class, and throughout it, Louis and the girls (Cailey, Maya, Izzy, Sabrina, Olivia, and Reese) threw erasers back and forth with each other, causing the sub to yell at them multiple times.

After School: On the bus ride home, I repeatedly tried to protect my things from Yaeger, who kept trying to steal them (in a funny way). I did bamboozle him by trading my stolen coat for an empty bag of Goldfish, and at one point, I had to grab my keys back from him.
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster