Watery Hell (School Story 10-16-2023)

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM10/16/23 10:22 pm history
5 emeralds 198
12/1/2023 4:49 am
User4906031G's Avatar User4906031G
Before School and Classes: Nothing happened on the bus, as the morning ride is usually pretty quiet. I arrived at school earlier than normal and sat down at a bench next to Ethan, Eamon, Henry Kelso, and Isaac to talk to them about the mob vote.

History: Oh boy, this is slowly turning into a Ms. Vokes situation… For those who don’t know (or didn’t read the linked wall post), Ms. Vokes, as I’ll call her, was my History teacher last year (along with 3 other classes). She was going through a rough divorce from what I heard, and was gradually not showing up to a lot of classes. One day, she told us she’d be out the next day for a dentist appointment, and we never saw her after that class. Mr. Tubes subbed for the next week - the last week before Winter Break - and the week after Winter Break ended, before each of Ms. Vokes’ classes got a new, permanent teacher. My class got the best one, Ms. Drow, but that’s not important. What is important, however, is the fact that Ms. Howdy has been out for the past two weeks because of an old leg injury coming back to bite her, and last week we wrote “get well” notes for her in Advisory (homeroom). She may have to undergo surgery for the leg. Two weeks ago, Mx. Silver was our sub, and they said she’d be back the following week, but then, that week (aka last week), our sub was Mr. Rivers, who said the same thing. This week, as you can guess, we had another sub, whose name I never got. During the class, since there was no lesson plan, he basically turned it into a study hall of sorts. My table (me, Laeyth, Aliza, Grayson, and Alex F.) played Kahoot games about Microsoft and Minecraft, and I also posted about the song “Black Sabbath” (by the band of the same name) in a Google Chat I was in with my friends. Laeyth saw the messages and (jokingly) thought I was accusing Black people of being evil and demonic (if look up the history behind the song, you’ll know why) and called me a racist all day, despite my frequent requests to stop.

Advisory: Since Ms. Sigs was out, our Advisory joined her Advisory, and Ms. Clementine, our Advisor, told us about the school dress code for Halloween costumes, which we’d be allowed to wear on October 31st. I payed attention, but I was also dreading the next class, PE, as today was the beginning of our 6-day swim unit (technically 12, but the boys swim for six days while the girls do PE, and then we switch for the other half of the unit).

PE: After getting my swim bag from my locker, I made my way towards the PE building, running from Jai, who’s still mad at me for going to Knoops (a hot chocolate place in London that also sells milkshakes) twice and getting a milkshake both times despite him recommending them to me for their hot chocolate. I eventually got to the top floor of the building and went into the bathroom, where I foolishly chose the stall that I soon discovered was missing a lock, so anyone could open it at any time and there was a gap through which people could see me changing when the door was closed. Samir did this briefly, but I was luckily still wearing my underwear, and when I shouted at him for it, Krish called him gay. (There’s a reason I don’t go to the bathroom at school at all.) I finished changing and went to the pool room, where we (sans Haile, Alex F, and Ayaan, who all forgot their swim clothes) swam for about 30-40 minutes. My legs were tired and aching afterwards, as I never swim this much when I go to the YMCA with my dad every few Saturdays. Before changing back into regular clothes, I chose a stall with a working lock, and Theo kept hounding me to hurry up and come out once my pants were on. I intentionally kept him waiting until I got my shirt and socks on because a) I don’t give a sheet what he says and b) I’m not comfortable being shirtless in front of people besides my dad. (There’s also a reason why I wear a swim shirt.) Anyways, now I’m 1/6 of the way to getting out of this watery Hell. (Holy crap, a title drop!)

English: We did a gallery walk of our essays on a pivotal moment in our lives, leaving “love notes,” Ms. Saints’ name for Post-Its complimenting people on their essay, and I’d be lying if I said my fear levels didn’t rise when I heard her bring up writing “love notes.” (Keep in mind that my crush is in my class…)

Lunch and Recess: Lunch was uneventful, but recess was fun. I wandered around the track for a bit, since my other friends were either playing volleyball (something that doesn’t interest me) or playing soccer (also something that doesn’t interest me). Around the 20-minutes-left mark, Haile, Alex F. (I’m just gonna call him Alex from now on, by the way), and Esmé came out and played a game together. I mostly just watched them until Eamon, Jai, and Kelso came out a few minutes later, which led to me running from them as Jai attempted to enact revenge for the Knoops incident for the umpteenth time. Ethan and Isaac came out too, and I tried to use the former as a human shield a few times before being pulled away by Eamon while hearing him say, “Don’t involve civilians!” When the coach blew the whistle, I rushed inside to my next class.

Dance: As of last Wednesday, me and my classmates have moved on from the Model Building rotation class to Dance! Yay! (That was sarcasm, in case you couldn’t tell.) There was a different teacher today, and we learned that Mr. Ones, the usual Dance teacher, isn’t here on Mondays. Only five of us were early/on time, and once everyone was here, the teacher (forgot his name) took attendance and asked us to say our names and favorite music genres. I was second, and when I said power metal, I had to correct him when he asked if Metallica was a power metal band. He asked for an example, so I said Helloween. We did some pretty light work, and I breathed a sigh of relief once another of my least favorite classes ended.

Study Hall: I did the reading survey Ms. Saints assigned for homework, and then almost finished my study sheet for Math. (Ms. Clementine’s weekend homework for us was to make a study sheet since the test is on the 27th.

Advisory: We were with Ms. Sigs’ in their room again, and we played a game where we paired up with someone and stood in a line parallel from them, answering questions asked by the teacher with each other. After each question, the row I was in would move up, pairing us up with different people each time.

Spanish: We just played some Quizlets and Kahoots on the stuff we’ve been learning.

After School: Again, a rather quiet bus ride. I scrolled through PMC on my phone (and practiced memorizing the chorus for Gloryhammer’s “Universe on Fire”), Amalia and Raya talked to each other, Haile did stuff on his phone, and Tamir and Kavya talked about Michaela’s obsession with good grades and how it would one day affect her social life. (She gets annoyed if she gets, say, a 99 out of 100.)

Yeah, I know I haven’t posted one of these in a few weeks. I just never had the motivation to. There’s a 50-50 chance that you’ll see one of these within the next week or within the next 3 weeks.
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster