How I Became IGEBM (and also Gaél) | 40 Subscribers Special

IGEBM's Avatar IGEBM11/8/22 10:02 pm history
3 emeralds 210
11/14/2022 6:32 pm
Illager_Dingo's Avatar Illager_Dingo
Okay, so you may be wondering: How the hell did I come up with the name IGEBM? Well, I didn’t, but before I explain that, let me tell you the story of how I got my real name in real life.

My parents wanted to give me a unique name, and they got an idea from famous Latino actor Gael Garcia Bernal (No accent). My name itself means “Irishman” in Gaelic. Anyway, my parents wanted to name me Gael after they found out about that. But they also wanted to make it special, so they added a tilde on the “e,” changing the pronunciation from “Gay-el” to “Guy-el.” (And all my friends make jokes about “Gay-el.”) But yeah, that’s the short story of how I got my name.

Now, time for the story of IGEBM. It all began with Transformers, specifically a game called Forged to Fight. You may have heard of it, but it’s basically like Marvel: Contest of Champions, but more Transformer-y. (And yes, I know that the game is shutting down in 2023. I had lot of fun on there even though I barely played ‘cause the only time I use my phone is on the train where there’s no WiFi for me to play.) But anyways, back to the story. I was having trouble coming up with a username for the game, so I asked my Dad what he thought I should call myself. He said, “How about IGEBM?” “IGEBM?” I asked. So, if you don’t know, my middle initial is E, and my the initials of my last name are B.M. (I have two last names; the first is my mom and the second is my dad’s.) So, my full initials are GEBM. I don’t know how the I got in there, but it just stuck. I named myself IGEBM, and soon enough, it spread to other games and platforms. I think the only game where I’m not called IGEBM is Transformers: Earth Wars, where I go by LaserStorm53. (I’ve tried changing it, but I somehow used up all my name changes.) Anyway, the name stuck. I used it for every game I’ve played since. When I started playing MC, I was named IGEBM. I experimented with a few different variations: first, I was §l§3IGEBM (Which, if you don’t know, changes your name tag to boldened and cyan on mobile if you don’t have an account.) Then, I was §l§3DeceptIGEBM, which was when I was wearing a Galvatron skin and trying to find a good skin to where. (This was around October of 2021, before I joined PMC.) At one point, I was IGEBM13, and then I was IGEBM again, and I got my Microsoft account in June of this year, so now I’m IGEBM and I’m sticking with it because I’m too lazy to pay to change it the third time. (I have one free name change and then it costs money that I’d rather spend on Transformers and clothes.) When I joined PMC, I chose to be called IGBEM and I like it. (I think I changed it to IGEBM13 for a month after I joined.)

So, yeah, that’s my 40 subscriber special. Hope you enjoyed!

Shout-out to the last 20 subscribers (forgive me if I miscounted):
LightHasBeenCaptured (#21)
BlueIsEpic (#22)
GrizzlyInACave (#23)
AxolotlArmy (#24)
autumn (#25)
SCP 05 Council (#26) (Can't tag 'cause of the spaces in the name)
Eligames2009 (#27)
TheGlitchedRobin (#28)
spookyshxdow (#29)
Mr-Kirbo (#30)
PsioPsia001 (#31)
TheGrimmKnight (#32)
Renai_is_acutie (#33)
CrownDeluxe (#34)
Juillyoom (#35)
anonpmc4001613 (#36) (Tagged because he was the only name that came up for "virginal")
xRosePetalx (#37)
DinoDesmond (#38)
Ghost213 (#39)
CraftyCaleb2483 (#40)
SoapSoapSoap (#41)
Josuavl (#42)
IGEBM
Level 55 : Grandmaster Loremaster