What's your least favorite mob?

Amazing Zane's Avatar Amazing Zane5/3/24 9:49 am
12 emeralds 529 74
5/28/2024 5:18 am
mega7's Avatar mega7
Post your responses in the comments below! My personal least favorite mob is the cave spider, for a variety of reason, but what about you?
Amazing Zane
Level 4 : Apprentice Modder

Create an account or sign in to comment.

mega7
05/28/2024 5:18 am
Level 46 : Master Cupcake
Honestly i hate any mob that doesn't have a good purpose or wasn't designed well.
Oh and phantoms are so bad i wanna break the screen when i say one. It sounded better in the mob vote.
Pinata0Playz
05/28/2024 5:10 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Crafter
skeleton all the way
Skugi_Graffiti
05/27/2024 10:56 pm
Level 7 : Apprentice Fish
I'd almost day wandering trader because of his general uselessness, but he's great for Skyblock farming.
If I HAD to pick me least favorite mob, it would either be the sniffer or the phantom. I'd likely go for the phantom because at least the sniffer's cute, friendly, and doesn't pester you for your insomnia. I'm just happy they're not real or I'd probably be dead by now haha
BashyBashy
05/26/2024 4:31 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Definitely the chicken which has appeared in hypixel's bedwars. I have never met a more irritating mob than that, ever. I'd prefer an entire army of golems over those dratted machine-gun-egg chickens any day.
CyborgVillager
05/26/2024 7:43 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Network
history
Zombies, so much potential not being utilized to its limit. Couple years ago, totally fine to handle decent skirmish especially if they gang up on you w/skele's OR creepers.

However as of now with today's player combat, zombies are no more than a nuisance and not the good type of nuisance .

Hostile A.i mechanics (and to be frank neutral & friendly A.I) for MC quite really needs an overhaul/upgrade to sync in with the player combat & interaction style of 2024.
Craftyfox9999
05/26/2024 7:34 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
Pufferfish and Silverfish
Alex2012MC
05/26/2024 6:16 am
Level 10 : Journeyman Architect
Dogs and villagers.
Amazing Zane
05/26/2024 8:42 am
Level 4 : Apprentice Modder
Villagers, I can understand, but why dogs?
Its_Smies
05/26/2024 5:43 am
Level 1 : New Miner
PHANTOMS!!!
Unidentifiedfella
05/26/2024 5:23 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Skinner
Llamas are good idea on paper but bad execution as a mob, the only mobs worse than that are Polar bears, which are both ugly and pathethically weak for a bear, and the Bat would be better as a particle effect than a mob. The Sniffer would have been better if it added more plants that have special effects, sadly it was just added to add more flowers that could have also be added on their own since they are just real life flowers and not extinct fantasy flora, like the pitcherplant is just a big pitcherplant and the torchflower also exists in real life too.
Unidentifiedfella
05/26/2024 5:35 am
The Sniffer honestly deserves redemption, it is one of the few the fantasy mobs, yet what it does is extremely boring and lame, atleast make like do something more substancial thant sniffing for seeds
sniffercraft34
05/26/2024 4:28 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cookie
Glow squid or wandering trader
Unidentifiedfella
05/26/2024 5:39 am
The Wandering Trader may be annoying, but at the very least it can trade items that might be useful like nautilus shells, moss, saplings, sand, blue ice, and a bunch of plants, unlike the glow squid that stole the Chillagers win, that thing's drop only makes a glowing item frame
sniffercraft34
05/26/2024 6:37 am
it still is expensive
piecraft09
05/26/2024 3:11 am
Level 1 : New Explorer
I just hate silverfish and vexes
mitziolet
05/15/2024 3:24 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Princess
fearful/disgusted by: silverfish, endermites, cave spiders

outright hatred: creepers, drowneds, baby zombies
Arkaliasus
05/14/2024 5:09 pm
Level 40 : Master Mage
i find baby zombies the worst mobs in the game xD
ScotsMiser
05/15/2024 8:41 am
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Not so bad now as pre-1.13 when they didn't burn in the sun 😨
Arkaliasus
05/15/2024 9:35 am
Level 40 : Master Mage
man i still bounce around like a crazy person trying to evade them, id take on a ghast/phantom army any day over 10 baby zombies! xD
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 4:59 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Architect
WAIT SO SORRY I MISSREAD IT MY LEAST FAV IS A TRPICAL FISH THEY DONT DO ANYTHING
ScotsMiser
05/15/2024 8:38 am
Well they do drop bone meal (5% chance) which makes them marginally more useful than polar bears… 🙄
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:02 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Spelunker
history
Allay. It was the WORST of the three, and somehow still won? I have been very satisfied with the other winners... until that.

Armadillo is a close second. People only voted for it becuase the game needed dog armor, which while true, DID NOT NEED TO BE TIED TO A NEW MOB. Mojang literally could've done dyable leather and chain for higher defense, and boom. Dog armor. No stupid rare mob with one use needed.
scratchcrafter1
05/14/2024 8:43 pm
Level 20 : Expert Sus
I'm assuming that you're the type of player that can't be bothered to visit a woodland mansion or pillager outpost? And then complain that allays are "annoying"?

Allays are amazing because they provide an actual reward for visiting pillager outposts which was non-existent before. They also provide an intuitive way to sort items (which was hoppers previous to that), as well as sorting non-stackables which was only possible with complicated redstone before, with the downside of it taking up a lot of space. All around, allay is probably the best mob we've ever gotten from a vote.
Aceplante
05/15/2024 12:45 am
bro copied my comment and changed nothing? Reported.

Anyways, those arguments do not make sense turned around without changing anything. I could visit woodland mansions, and do for other reasons such as the loot etc. Same with pillager outposts for getting bad omen. Allays were not needed. They provide nothing to the game. They are unneeded and useless. If I need to pick up items I can do that myself.

And never once did I say allays were "annoying". I just find their features absolutely overpowered for no reason. First, I recently learned that their natural regeneration is enough to completely outheal minor damage such as wither, drowning, or suffocation (and therefore plan to trap the first allays I get like that forever. I currently still play on 1.17 for other reasons and haven't updated, but when i do... revenge on being the worst mob EVER in the history of Minecraft).

Second, they gain COMPLETE INVINCIBILITY WHEN HOLDING AN ITEM. You cant hit it. At all. You have to use indirect damage such as fire or lava. This should NEVER have been a game mechanic. Resistance? sure. But NOT invincibility.
Unidentifiedfella
05/26/2024 5:47 am
Bruh, it being invincible isn't bad at all, its just a mob, also its just a moving item collector thats not even that bad of a mechanic or gimmick, at least its not a Sniffer that digs up flowers that dont do anything or a glow squid. It does its job of picking items and throwing them to its owner or noteblock decently, unlike the wolf which needs an ai update. It is at least useful in bamboo farms and other farms that benefit from an item collector that moves items around.
Aceplante
05/27/2024 12:57 pm
the glow squid was the best of the 3, and so was the sniffer.

And if I need items picked up I can use hoppers. I dont need an INVINCIBLE mob with insanely op regeneration.
Unidentifiedfella
05/28/2024 3:42 am
"Bait used to be believable"- Sun Tzu, Art of Fishing
BLACK_2001
05/14/2024 4:18 pm
Level 20 : Expert Whale
Microsoft is ruining everything bro..
Unidentifiedfella
05/26/2024 6:04 am
It is actually both mojang and microsoft ruining everything, after all they are the ones who makes the game's update and made it in the first place, and mojang before the microsoft aquisition made a very terrible EULA that is not at all consumer friendly, microsoft just bought mojang and influenced them, but it should be mostly and firstly foremost mojang's fault since they work on the game and decide what to do, lets not act like they are a team of innocent goody two shoes. However microsoft is likely responsible since it owns mojang and has definitely influenced them to be more like corporate and less transparent, im just saying that it is both who are ruining Minecraft with terrible decisions.
BLACK_2001
05/14/2024 3:54 pm
Level 20 : Expert Whale
baby zombies and slimes there hit boxes are off the charts
Usaki
05/14/2024 3:43 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pony
skeleton. cuz they annoying
Firefog
05/14/2024 3:42 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Waffle
Village nerds are the worst
Aelle
05/14/2024 3:41 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Herobrine
baby hoglin and spiders
Xx_Desu_xX
05/14/2024 3:35 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice System
Honestly? Skeletons are first with zombies and horses being tied for second.
Skeletons have always been the toughest vanilla mob since zombies and spiders are simple and creepers are only deadly when you're unaware, they became even worse when they could strafe! But those things are just what makes them an enemy to tackle so all of that is okay (except the strafing thing, I never enable sprinting so it's pointless for them to have it) its just the fact that they are way too common in modded worlds. With several mods that are meant to do nothing else but add new enemies and yet I will always see the majority of enemy mobs be skeletons and zombies (which is why they are second, boring and too common with mods). Oh and the fact you need skeletons just to get all the music discs is salt in the wound, why couldn't each disc have some gimmick of their own or have getting them be anything but getting creepers to die from them... but really I like them in any world that isn't heavily modded!
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:17 pm
I have also always felt like discs should be obtained in some interesting way instead of being able to get ALL of them from skeletons. Actually, Mojangs recent move away from that, with otherside, 5, and those new trial chamber ones, are a step in the right direction.

It actually got to the point I made a loot table datapack for that, putting chirp in jungle temples, strad in end cities, 11 from the wither, mellohi from librarian villagers, etc etc, and only cat, 13, and stal being obtained from creepers.
cashone
05/14/2024 2:38 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Snow Golem I HATE THEM They Only Have 3 Health!
sniffercraft34
05/14/2024 2:02 pm
Glow squid or Wandering Trader fr
Suzuya_Juuzou
05/12/2024 8:42 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
The most annoying mob for me is the Drowned, he constantly shoots a trident out of nowhere at the most inopportune moment. It deals a lot of damage and reloads quickly.Every time I return from a hike at night, he kills me with his trident, and I have to return for my things, which are mostly a large amount
Dermugettum
05/16/2024 6:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Miner
You know what's the most annoying about the Drowned? They're the only real hostile mob you'll find in oceans. Rather than adding something cool like Sharks, Jellyfish, or Mob A from the first mob vote, they lazily justified this zombie clone as being "enough" for the ocean. It's not a bad mob, but it unfairly represents how empty and boring the ocean is even after Update 1.13.
ScotsMiser
05/12/2024 9:07 am
What I hate about drowned is the spawn conditions, as long as one has a shield they aren't hard to fight, but spawnproffing a volume of ocean just makes it look ugly.
person_02
05/09/2024 3:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
I really can't stand trader llamas. On Bedrock, back in the day, they didn't despawn, so worlds were slowly choked by dozens of these llamas. Even now, on both versions, they don't really add anything to the game. I see why everyone hates phantoms, but personally, I dislike trader llamas more.
ScotsMiser
05/12/2024 6:56 am
But they do give free leashes (which can be really helpful before one finds slimes)
TorenokRed
05/05/2024 9:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
Baby Zombie. They are fast, and in grass you just can't hit them.
Sofia Silenttree
05/04/2024 11:26 am
A horse of course!
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 4:59 pm
WAIT SO SORRY I MISSREAD IT MY LEAST FAV IS A TRPICAL FISH THEY DONT DO ANYTHING
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:12 pm
why horses?
Usaki
05/14/2024 3:43 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pony
I feel insulted
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 3:47 pm
SORRY!