Help: Form this shape in World Edit?

-Infinity-'s Avatar -Infinity-1/30/21 2:28 am
3 emeralds 545 4
2/1/2021 9:23 am
char-png's Avatar char-png
Hello all, I've been making a new project for an airship based off of these ones from Sonic Heroes:

Egg Fleet (stage) | Sonic News Network | Fandom
(The blue sawfish ones by the way)
I've been trying to create the front hull of these ships, but they never come out looking smooth enough.
Are there any world edit commands that would allow me to easily sculpt the front of the hull, as I've already done the top and bottom of it, just without the curved sides. Thanks!
-Infinity-
Level 37 : Artisan Herobrine

Create an account or sign in to comment.

char-png
02/01/2021 9:23 am
Level 43 : Master Lemon
For some reason images from wikia.com don't work in PMC, if you want to put an image from wikia in your post you'll have to upload it to imgur/discord/anywhere else first
UncleBase
01/31/2021 5:47 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
Hi Infinity

I cannot see the image, but I looked up the airship you're referring to. WorldEdit is fantastic and it's my favourite tool, but if you want to smooth out blocks, Voxel Sniper works better. The way I would approach it is:

1. Create a large block the size of one side (left or right) of the Ship using WorldEdit's 'Set' command.
  2. Use Voxel Sniper's Melt tool to round off the edges to create the rough shape of half the ship with no wings or fins.
  3. Once you have to basic shape use Voxel Sniper's Smooth tool to smooth it out.
  4. Create the smaller details using Voxel Snipper's Melt, fill and lift tools.
  5. Use the WorldEdit Wand to Copy, Flip and Paste the half ship, to make a whole model.
  6. Again use Voxel Sniper's Smooth tool to smooth out the seam between the 2 halves.
  7. Paint with WorldEdit brushes by masking to your block type, e.g. /mask stone
  8. Create the wings, fins, cannons etc. by hand.
  9. Add the fine details by hand.

You have to run Voxel Sniper on a server, but you can do what I do, and run a local server on your pc, just for you to use. This guide looks good on how to use and install it if you want to. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbJ1eI6zaQw
-Infinity-
02/01/2021 1:42 am
Level 37 : Artisan Herobrine
That is a marvelous idea! I didn't think of making this in Voxel Sniper because I have the shape of most of the ship already, I am just missing some of the curves. I will keep your solution in mind, thanks!
UncleBase
02/01/2021 9:16 am
Level 34 : Artisan Nerd
No problem, glad it may help in future.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome