What's your least favorite mob?

Amazing Zane's Avatar Amazing Zane5/3/24 9:49 am
5/16/2024 6:17 pm
Dermugettum's Avatar Dermugettum
Post your responses in the comments below! My personal least favorite mob is the cave spider, for a variety of reason, but what about you?
Amazing Zane
Level 2 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

mitziolet
05/15/2024 3:24 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Princess
fearful/disgusted by: silverfish, endermites, cave spiders

outright hatred: creepers, drowneds, baby zombies
Arkaliasus
05/14/2024 5:09 pm
Level 40 : Master Mage
i find baby zombies the worst mobs in the game xD
ScotsMiser
05/15/2024 8:41 am
Level 37 : Artisan Miner
Not so bad now as pre-1.13 when they didn't burn in the sun 😨
Arkaliasus
05/15/2024 9:35 am
Level 40 : Master Mage
man i still bounce around like a crazy person trying to evade them, id take on a ghast/phantom army any day over 10 baby zombies! xD
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 4:59 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Architect
WAIT SO SORRY I MISSREAD IT MY LEAST FAV IS A TRPICAL FISH THEY DONT DO ANYTHING
ScotsMiser
05/15/2024 8:38 am
Well they do drop bone meal (5% chance) which makes them marginally more useful than polar bears… 🙄
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:02 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Spelunker
history
Allay. It was the WORST of the three, and somehow still won? I have been very satisfied with the other winners... until that.

Armadillo is a close second. People only voted for it becuase the game needed dog armor, which while true, DID NOT NEED TO BE TIED TO A NEW MOB. Mojang literally could've done dyable leather and chain for higher defense, and boom. Dog armor. No stupid rare mob with one use needed.
scratchcrafter1
05/14/2024 8:43 pm
Level 20 : Expert Sus
I'm assuming that you're the type of player that can't be bothered to visit a woodland mansion or pillager outpost? And then complain that allays are "annoying"?

Allays are amazing because they provide an actual reward for visiting pillager outposts which was non-existent before. They also provide an intuitive way to sort items (which was hoppers previous to that), as well as sorting non-stackables which was only possible with complicated redstone before, with the downside of it taking up a lot of space. All around, allay is probably the best mob we've ever gotten from a vote.
Aceplante
05/15/2024 12:45 am
bro copied my comment and changed nothing? Reported.

Anyways, those arguments do not make sense turned around without changing anything. I could visit woodland mansions, and do for other reasons such as the loot etc. Same with pillager outposts for getting bad omen. Allays were not needed. They provide nothing to the game. They are unneeded and useless. If I need to pick up items I can do that myself.

And never once did I say allays were "annoying". I just find their features absolutely overpowered for no reason. First, I recently learned that their natural regeneration is enough to completely outheal minor damage such as wither, drowning, or suffocation (and therefore plan to trap the first allays I get like that forever. I currently still play on 1.17 for other reasons and haven't updated, but when i do... revenge on being the worst mob EVER in the history of Minecraft).

Second, they gain COMPLETE INVINCIBILITY WHEN HOLDING AN ITEM. You cant hit it. At all. You have to use indirect damage such as fire or lava. This should NEVER have been a game mechanic. Resistance? sure. But NOT invincibility.
sjen_2001
05/14/2024 4:18 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Whale
Microsoft is ruining everything bro..
sjen_2001
05/14/2024 3:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Whale
baby zombies and slimes there hit boxes are off the charts
Usaki
05/14/2024 3:43 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pony
skeleton. cuz they annoying
Firefog
05/14/2024 3:42 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Waffle
Village nerds are the worst
Aelle
05/14/2024 3:41 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Crab
baby hoglin and spiders
Xx_Desu_xX
05/14/2024 3:35 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice System
Honestly? Skeletons are first with zombies and horses being tied for second.
Skeletons have always been the toughest vanilla mob since zombies and spiders are simple and creepers are only deadly when you're unaware, they became even worse when they could strafe! But those things are just what makes them an enemy to tackle so all of that is okay (except the strafing thing, I never enable sprinting so it's pointless for them to have it) its just the fact that they are way too common in modded worlds. With several mods that are meant to do nothing else but add new enemies and yet I will always see the majority of enemy mobs be skeletons and zombies (which is why they are second, boring and too common with mods). Oh and the fact you need skeletons just to get all the music discs is salt in the wound, why couldn't each disc have some gimmick of their own or have getting them be anything but getting creepers to die from them... but really I like them in any world that isn't heavily modded!
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:17 pm
I have also always felt like discs should be obtained in some interesting way instead of being able to get ALL of them from skeletons. Actually, Mojangs recent move away from that, with otherside, 5, and those new trial chamber ones, are a step in the right direction.

It actually got to the point I made a loot table datapack for that, putting chirp in jungle temples, strad in end cities, 11 from the wither, mellohi from librarian villagers, etc etc, and only cat, 13, and stal being obtained from creepers.
cashone
05/14/2024 2:38 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Snow Golem I HATE THEM They Only Have 3 Health!
sniffercraft34
05/14/2024 2:02 pm
Level 30 : Artisan Cookie
Glow squid or Wandering Trader fr
Suzuya_Juuzou
05/12/2024 8:42 am
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
The most annoying mob for me is the Drowned, he constantly shoots a trident out of nowhere at the most inopportune moment. It deals a lot of damage and reloads quickly.Every time I return from a hike at night, he kills me with his trident, and I have to return for my things, which are mostly a large amount
Dermugettum
05/16/2024 6:17 pm
Level 22 : Expert Miner
You know what's the most annoying about the Drowned? They're the only real hostile mob you'll find in oceans. Rather than adding something cool like Sharks, Jellyfish, or Mob A from the first mob vote, they lazily justified this zombie clone as being "enough" for the ocean. It's not a bad mob, but it unfairly represents how empty and boring the ocean is even after Update 1.13.
ScotsMiser
05/12/2024 9:07 am
What I hate about drowned is the spawn conditions, as long as one has a shield they aren't hard to fight, but spawnproffing a volume of ocean just makes it look ugly.
person_02
05/09/2024 3:32 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
I really can't stand trader llamas. On Bedrock, back in the day, they didn't despawn, so worlds were slowly choked by dozens of these llamas. Even now, on both versions, they don't really add anything to the game. I see why everyone hates phantoms, but personally, I dislike trader llamas more.
ScotsMiser
05/12/2024 6:56 am
But they do give free leashes (which can be really helpful before one finds slimes)
TorenokRed
05/05/2024 9:54 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Explorer
Baby Zombie. They are fast, and in grass you just can't hit them.
Sofia Silenttree
05/04/2024 11:26 am
A horse of course!
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 4:59 pm
WAIT SO SORRY I MISSREAD IT MY LEAST FAV IS A TRPICAL FISH THEY DONT DO ANYTHING
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:12 pm
why horses?
Usaki
05/14/2024 3:43 pm
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Pony
I feel insulted
Sofia Silenttree
05/14/2024 3:47 pm
SORRY!
BlueBoyBuilds
05/04/2024 11:25 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blueberry
Silverfish.
It will always be silverfish.
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:12 pm
fair
Team UNNAMED
05/04/2024 11:15 am
Level 64 : High Grandmaster Creeper
kitty :(
PaintsplattersMC
05/04/2024 10:56 am
Level 40 : Master uwu
Creeper. they break blocks.
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:11 pm
While annoying if they explode, they provide something to actually fear late game, and Im glad they exist
Team UNNAMED
how dare you?
PaintsplattersMC
05/04/2024 11:17 am
Level 40 : Master uwu
I build in creative mode a lot. large scale builds with worldedit and whatnot. i dont like the idea of what you build being destroyed lol
Aceplante
05/14/2024 4:05 pm
turn off mobgriefing then
Sofia Silenttree
05/04/2024 11:28 am
haha same, if you look at my build im working on in the photo gallery i tnt'd the areana
StormWatcher
05/04/2024 10:33 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner
Skeletons. Especially strays.
RocketStudio
05/04/2024 12:41 pm
Level 27 : Expert Mountaineer
history
They're really annoying
RocketStudio
05/04/2024 9:58 am
Level 27 : Expert Mountaineer
Sniffer. It is useless.
Dermugettum
05/16/2024 6:12 pm
history
I've played on a survival server that uses a datapack which gives you mob heads whenever you kill said mob. Guess what I did to the hairy, six-legged Jar Jars that I gathered...that's about as useful as they get.
Daralexen
05/04/2024 1:39 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
The Sniffer is more of what I consider a "trophy mob" in the same way that the Pink Sheep, Brown Panda, Skeleton Horse, and the Swamp and Jungle Villagers are.
Dronko fire blaster
05/04/2024 1:37 pm
Level 44 : Master Dragonborn
the sniffer is really cool
Team UNNAMED
and Mojang pretends the camel doesn't exist
ScotsMiser
05/04/2024 4:42 am
Most annoying in-game has a number of contenders: creeper and ghast for structural damage and attacks 'without warming', chuckies (1-block zombies) — particularly in their un-nerfed non-burning incarnation.

For most uselees, not even the sniffer unseats the polar bear…

But, for least favorite considered in terms of poor design, the MobB (closely challenged by the drowned) still top the list. [​Not that MS/Mj has slacked on effort since 1.13].
Both use a 'volume' spawning method that abandons the solid topped non-transparent block requirement previously only violated by guardians (which were limited to very small and well defined areas).
Amazing Zane
05/04/2024 2:55 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Wow, I'm surprised nobody said the sniffer, but these are all valid choices.
person_02
05/09/2024 3:33 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Miner
The Sniffer isn't bad, it just didn't live up to what people imagined. Even then, it being in the game doesn't make the game worse by any means.
Dermugettum
05/16/2024 6:09 pm
The sniffer didn't just not live up to expectations, it freaking died to them during implementation. The Torch Flower and Pitcher Pod could've been added all on their own. The fact that the Sniffer's whole identity and use revolves only around these two plants demonstrates how worthless the mob is.
Daralexen
05/03/2024 3:23 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Skinner
history
Vanilla: I would say only the Vex, Ghast, or Illusionist. One deals too much damage early game and is difficult to hit in its natural habitat, the other causes too much environmental damage for my liking and can see you from far away, and the last one needs a rework to be fun/balanced. Blindless + being shot at from four sides is not fun.

Modded: Too many to name due to the high amount of poorly designed mods out there. However, some modded mobs that I abhor greatly have to be any "Dweller" mob, Siren Head from Box of Horrors, every mob from Scape and Run: Parasites (Especially Assimilated Enderman and the 5 tiers of bosses,) Phayres from Fungal Infection: Spore, Crimson Mosquito, Froststalker, Tiger, Murmur, Seagull, Bison, Skelewag, Basalt Golem, and Komodo Dragon from Alex's Mobs, and Yiga Clan Member from this one Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild mod all for various reasons.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome