Adfly removed?

asianspy's Avatar asianspy6/20/12 7:44 pm
1 emeralds 2.8k 14
11/17/2014 10:38 pm
-Baron's Avatar -Baron
I just noticed that all my adfly links are replaced with "ad link removed." Why? Shouldn't the skinners, modmakers, and texture designers get some reward for doing what they do? Some people don't mind waiting 7 seconds to download what they want. If you don't want to wait 7 seconds, then don't click the link. Seriously, Planet Minecraft Administrators and Moderators, don't remove adfly. It's a great way for us to earn just a few extra pennies (or bucks, if you are really good at what you do). If you removed adfly because of viruses, spam, security reasons, I understand. However, I believe that adfly is very safe, it's never given me trouble, and that you should allow adfly links back on to this great site.
asianspy
Level 4 : Apprentice Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/17/2014 10:38 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Guard
-Baron
Don't necrobump dead threads.

Locked.
03/24/2013 4:01 pm
Level 20 : Expert Architect
LemonLovermmm
I agree with StatsMann, I would be willing to click an (Ad link removed) if I knew they had a direct link as well, and they were just trying to earn something.
08/15/2012 3:53 am
Level 20 : Expert Artist
Veeshy
I think adding a direct link along side the adfly link would be best.
11/17/2014 4:23 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
sleawnis
I agree with StatsMann, Most posts have a direct link and a adfly link anyway!
08/01/2012 4:00 am
Level 28 : Expert Narwhal
Sir Sparky
scolez you obviously dont know how adfly works, most of the time its a bit less than 10 000 views depends where they are in the world, so usually you get a decent amount more for 10000 views
08/15/2012 3:46 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Scolez
Even so, it is not worth it.
06/20/2012 8:06 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Engineer
Scolez
So not worth it. 10,000 people for $5 is really bad, that is 13.8 hours of people staring at a lame ad for you to get just a little money. Bad reputation.
06/20/2012 7:55 pm
asianspy
ParilWhile I do agree it's a neat idea, it causes too many issues. It's too easy to mask fake/stolen content behind an (Ad link removed), and get visits for something that isn't as advertised (many people posted (Ad link removed)s to google.ca, for instance) or is somebody elses' work.

The best way, in my personal opinion, is to simply offer a PayPal link to donate. That way you know where it's going to and you know who it's going to.

Getting around our (Ad link removed) by sending people to other sites is not allowed, to my recollection, unless you offer a non-(Ad link removed) alongside it.

-P

I'll be sure to add a direct download through MediaFire on the blog. However, isn't there already a direct download on PMC? Also, I don't want donations to be the only way for them to show support. Some people don't want to give money, so they click adfly.
06/20/2012 7:52 pm
Level 88 : Elite Scapegoat
Paril
While I do agree it's a neat idea, it causes too many issues. It's too easy to mask fake/stolen content behind an adf.ly link, and get visits for something that isn't as advertised (many people posted adf.ly links to google.ca, for instance) or is somebody elses' work.

The best way, in my personal opinion, is to simply offer a PayPal link to donate. That way you know where it's going to and you know who it's going to.

Getting around our adf.ly limitation by sending people to other sites is not allowed, to my recollection, unless you offer a non-adf.ly link alongside it.

-P
06/20/2012 7:51 pm
asianspy
Am I allowed to link my blog to my submissions and have the adfly links on my blog?
06/20/2012 7:50 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
No problem.
06/20/2012 7:48 pm
asianspy
@Palaeos Ok thank you =). It wasn't very clear what had happened. All I saw was ad link removed. Thanks for clearing that up.
06/20/2012 7:46 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Turtle
Palaeos
It's not allowed in the description or comments. You can however use it for the download on texture packs/submissions/mods if you are above level 20.
06/20/2012 7:46 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Explorer
SillyBug
I made a map and don't want people to wait to download it.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome