Alagaesia - Eragon RPG Server Idea!

pirruccio's Avatar pirruccio3/31/14 1:23 pm
1 emeralds 2.9k 27
7/31/2015 6:30 pm
sawyer113's Avatar sawyer113
ALAGAESIA

So basically if you're familiar with the movie "Eragon" or more specifically the book trilogy "Inheritance", then you know what type of server I'm talking about. I have an idea of making a very unique server, based on the adventures of Eragon.

How would it start?
What I had in mind is a little complex, but possible with the right people. Players will have the option to be human, dwarves or elves. Once you choose your race, you will spawn in each races spawn, as for dwarves it would be Farthen Dur, for the elves it would be Ellesmera, and Uru'Baen for the Humans. Each race will have their own abilities and access to different things such as magic and abilities such as swordsmanship, archery, and as so. For each race there will be a leader, and each new member of the race starts off as a citizen of the preferred race (The map will resemble the same as Alagaesia). You will have access to all kinds of quests, and adventure the map at your will, but urgals may be lurking around and they may attack you. With each death, you will be spawned at your races capital city and you will have to restart your gameplay. To achieve a dragon you will need a certain amount of "Dragon Points" which will be configurable and achieved by competing quests and slaying enemies. When the recruitment are met, you will be given the quest to find the egg. Once you complete, your dragon will spawn and you will have the ability to summon it at your will and ride it whenever and wherever you want, and ofcourse your physical and mental strength will improve. Riders will be considered a whole new different race, but with a few exceptions. The deeper details will be determined within time, but at least you get the idea.

What does it take to build this awesome server?
We will need a lot of skilled peeps to make this idea possible, and here's what I propose.
There will be 3 server admins, with each responsible with it's own assigned work.
The admins will be 1 for each:
-Coder/Website Manager
-Builder
-Developer/Plugin Manager
As every server owner, great work comes with great rewards, so I'm willing to give the admins 50% of the donation profit which will be split among the three. If my idea goes according to plan, that should be plenty of money pocketed with only sacrificing your time and effort, and no money!

I will host the server with a dedicated IP, with full protection from DDOS and unlimited slots. The server will have no lag and it will run very smoothly. Also, I will take car of any work that needs to be done. I will help build, help code, and help managing anything as a server owner should. This will be a team effort. If your up for the task, PM or comment which position you're willing to take care of and why should I chose you.
pirruccio
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/31/2015 6:30 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
sawyer113
Hi I personally love the idea and hope I can help create this awesome idea. I am looking to help with the building part of the project I have been in multiple servers in which I have helped build so I am some what experienced. So yeah let me know if you're interested.
04/29/2015 12:43 am
pirruccio
bump
04/28/2015 2:11 am
pirruccio
Bump
08/29/2014 10:14 pm
dante4603
I would love to be a developer/plugin manager, I have been looking for a server just like this to put my skills to the test! I hope I get this role!
08/18/2014 1:38 am
Smushy215
Are you still willing to do this if so email me @ joshslivka6122@gmail.com because I'm a decent builder and know a lot of amazing builders and coders that are willing to help make this server a thing and we might have some funding from major companies so email me
07/13/2014 7:53 am
ClanScorpia
I'd really like to help build and do a (bit) of coding for it but not much. (Not the most skilled). I really enjoy building and I am currently building an adventure map and spawn for a server and this would be a great project to work on to improve my skill's and make an awesome server at the same time! It would be really fun to help out and I hope you will let me! I am not doing this for admin (I don't want to get paid.) just for fun!

(PM me if I can help or not. I don't want spam :p. )
07/01/2014 2:15 am
Jacen1138
Bump
06/30/2014 2:55 am
Jacen1138
Bump
06/28/2014 7:00 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Dragonborn
Lennie2306
I would love to help with the building, (not going to be admin), I could also help with doing the quests and maybe when the server officially comes out I could be mod or Admin, if you would like to talk more pm me and if you need an application I'll be happy to write one through message.

Thanks

-Elle

(BTW my IGN is Lennie09)
06/28/2014 4:26 am
Jacen1138
dont know if i can bump it, but i wanted to try!
06/28/2014 4:26 am
Jacen1138
Bump
06/28/2014 4:24 am
Jacen1138
This would be an amazing server, and i would love to play it. I dont like being an admin, but if it helps make this server possible, i would definitely do it. So lets make this happen!
06/12/2014 10:43 pm
Arlak
I don't have any experience with building server structures, but I love all the Inheritance books and I would love to help build a server based on them!
04/25/2014 11:02 am
pirruccio
Bump
04/23/2014 11:54 am
pirruccio
Bump
04/21/2014 12:27 pm
pirruccio
Bump
04/10/2014 9:53 am
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
Magic. How would you cast/control magic? Because Magic is one of the biggest parts of the Inheritance Cycle(not a trilogy there's 4 books) and It doesn't seem like anybody would choose Human. You would have to make some huge ingame bonuses for Human because they are much weaker in comparison to Elves and Dwarves. Another question, why isn't Urgal a playable race? Also, you have to add were-cat companions that give you bonuses.
04/10/2014 11:10 am
pirruccio
Like I mentioned, I will put more thought into it. Urgals play a more villain-like role in the books so I assumed that I would use urgals as enemies, scattered around alagaesia. But yes, I will have to make each race equal. There needs to be more thought put into it. It's a possible, yet very difficult server idea.
06/18/2015 1:25 pm
Hajen03
The easiest way to get a magic feature is to use the magic of coding
like for example you have an item like, let's say a stick.
you can push right click to scroll through spells and left click to cast.
the spells could be for example brisingr that would throw a fire charge or arrow,
letta that would applie a slowness equivelent to be stuck in place,
and any of the twelve deathwords which would basicly kill.
the options is endless, only use fundamental minecraft mechanics and you will get away without mods.
atra esterni ono thelduin, pirrucio.
04/10/2014 9:33 am
pirruccio
Bump
04/08/2014 9:34 pm
Level 1 : New Network
bobo1998play
I would love to be a part of this project as a builder. I am an experienced builder who has built spawns and areas for 3 servers and enjoy putting time and effort into my builds I have team built in many different servers including the ongoing effort in a full version of a lord of the rings map. I have read the Eragon trilogy more times then i can count and would love to be able to build such a server with others. if you think I am a worthy candidate please email msisti@verizon.net
also what is Bump?
04/09/2014 10:22 am
pirruccio
I'll email you for more information. Anyways, when I comment bump, it posts this thread on the front pages of the forum, or basically, a "bump" xD there's a way to do it without commenting but I don't know how
04/08/2014 4:51 pm
pirruccio
Bump
04/07/2014 1:53 pm
pirruccio
Bump
04/04/2014 11:20 am
Level 34 : Artisan Architect
Anon666
I cant help because i am busy with my server, but awesome idea!
04/04/2014 11:13 am
pirruccio
Bump
04/01/2014 1:49 am
pirruccio
Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com