Art Contest (will close end of September)

IceCream_Sundae's Avatar IceCream_Sundae9/12/14 11:24 pm
1 emeralds 312 5
9/17/2014 11:03 pm
Roer's Avatar Roer
There are no prizes. I will not subscribe to you if you win. I subscribe for quality of submissions, not talent in contests in the forums. If you are looking for that I suggest you search for another contest. I do not have any pixel trophies. I merely am looking for good art - for the sake of confirming that it's here on PMC, as I'm sure it is - and thought a friendly competition would be nice.

I have some rules to keep this a bit organised.
1. No anime. I dislike that style, and find that a) people who copy it copy what they see, and b) they don't try for their own style. Not to mention that good anatomy practise, which I always try for, is normally lost while trying to keep the picture in the classic anime style. Also proportions, keeping in mind that yes, that includes anime-proportions, are normally off.

2. Maximum 2 pictures.

3. Quality of art will be made to include quality of the photo. If the photograph allows people to clearly view the photo, all is well and I (and others, though they have no judge status) will judge the drawing based on the drawing. However if the photo is blurry/dark, etc. I might be less inclined to select it if the artwork is not superb.

4. The deadline is the end of September, September 30. I will not be judging things entered on the 1 of October or later. The judging period will likely end mid-October. I will update later. I promise.

Think of something creative. An original character of yours? Perhaps a book character, but in a new place? Doing a new action? etc.

Dragons, animals, people. I am a sucker for good fantasy, so I prefer things like mythical creatures, or even humans, to things like dogs and fish.

Oh, by the way, to make it an interesting and fair contest I'd like at least 8 entries. Tell your friends, enemies, or any artists you love who haven't responded to your last 30 messages about this. Get them to enter!
IceCream_Sundae
Level 26 : Expert Grump