Big Project! Phantom of the Opera Overture

Wolvesbane's Avatar Wolvesbane5/24/15 6:11 pm
1 emeralds 385 8
6/1/2015 10:41 pm
Wolvesbane's Avatar Wolvesbane
Hey guys! It's me again. This time, I have another proposal for you guys. My school recently did POTO as a musical, and I must say, it was the best senior year ever because of it. I've been wanting to make a video with others for my channel, so I thought, "Why not do the POTO Overture?" If you're familiar with it, the theatre is in ruins, and things are being auctioned off, including a music box, props, and the famous Chandelier. I was thinking, some of us could get together, and reenact the overture only, as that's already hard enough. I'd like to try and get it as close to the movie/musical as possible, that means the rising chandelier!

What I need of you guys are:
Actors
Background Actors
Cameraman/Men

Positions:

Actors:
Click to reveal
Actors are required to audition, which will be a simple sound recording of your voice reading specific lines chosen by myself, from the overture. There are few speaking roles in the overture.

Background Actors:
Click to reveal
Background actors may not have a speaking role, or a direct speaking role. They're just that, background, but still play an important role in making any production look good. These do not have to audition, but those who audition for an Actor role will get first call back for background.

Cameraman/Men
Click to reveal
You guys are tech crew. It would be cool to get multiple camera angles, especially of the chandelier as it floats, but if we only get one, then that's fine. You guys are required to be able to record with the best smoothness you can muster.

Roles:

AUCTIONEER
Click to reveal
Lot 666, then: a chandelier in pieces. Some of you may recall the strange affair of the Phantom of the Opera: a mystery never fully explained. We are told ladies and gentlemen, that this is the very chandelier which figures in the famous disaster. Our workshops have restored it and fitted up parts of it with wiring for the new electric light, so that we may get a hint of what it may look like when re-assembled. Perhaps we may frighten away the ghost of so many years ago with a little illumination, gentlemen?

PORTER
Click to reveal
(holding it up) Showing here. (He sets it in motion)

RAOUL
Click to reveal
(quietly, half to himself, half to the box) A collector's piece indeed. every detail exactly as she said.
She often spoke of you, my friend. Your velvet lining, and your figurine of lead
Will you still play, when all the rest of us are dead?

I hope to get as much interest in this from all positions as I did for The Spirit Realm! Thanks guys! If you can think of any more information I may need to include, drop a comment, and I'll be sure to edit the post! Also at the end, everyone will get a shout out from me, and will be thanked in the description and end credits if we decide to add them, but everyone will be recognized and shouted out! Also, everyone who participates will be free to upload the finished product onto their channels, as long as they also give full credit to everyone that participated, and give credit to the right people for the idea!
Wolvesbane
Level 2 : Apprentice Hunter