Bukkit Going Bye Bye?

DeltaCraftNetwork's Avatar DeltaCraftNetwork8/23/14 9:33 am
8/23/2014 4:59 pm
David5886's Avatar David5886
So, I heard Bukkit is now owned by Mojang, and is leaving the previous developers hands. This is just a place to chat about the loss of Bukkit.

What will Mojang change?
Will they not continue it?
Why would they take such a project?
DeltaCraftNetwork
Level 14 : Journeyman Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/23/2014 4:59 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
Bukkit is not going anywhere for now. Dinnerbone, one of the original developers of bukkit, is going to update it himself and we should not see no change and it should still be available for everyone and will not be going into realms.
08/23/2014 4:57 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
dorro123
Zeranny
dorro123Because bukkit will always be better than anything mojang is going to make.

If you are only hear to spout baseless negative statements then I will have to start removing your posts as off topic, if you have anything constructive to say regarding this discussion then please do so.

Mojang is doing nothing for the players.

That's my whole argument. Bukkit was made to drastically improve servers and it was made for the community. If mojang comes along and makes their own API what will happen then? Will plugins disappear? Will it only be for realms? I wouldn't be surprised. Mojang is taking over bukkit in an interest of money, and it's ultimately going to hurt minecraft as a result.

How is mojang going to get money from bukkit when you can get bukkit for free?
08/23/2014 4:51 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Terraformer
Ivain
I dont know how many of you follow DinnerBone on twitter, but he definitely said that he would update it himself if needed.

EDIT: pretty much what KillerToad said.
08/23/2014 4:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Pony
MarioMover
I don't want Bukkit to go, considering one of my favorite mods is the Bukkit TARDIS plugin.
08/23/2014 4:42 pm
DeltaCraftNetwork
Eventually, another server-mod similar to Bukkit must come out, or all the big servers will be gone.
08/23/2014 4:41 pm
Level 26 : Expert Mountaineer
Joeneter17
Spigot is an modified version of bukkit.
As said above, it relies on the bukkit api.

Therefore spigot won't continue aswell, or they may develop their own one.
08/23/2014 4:37 pm
DeltaCraftNetwork
Yes, but Spigot relies on Bukkit for new updates.
08/23/2014 10:19 am
Level 21 : Expert Nerd
Aeternalis_
I never tried out spigot. May be the time to do so.
08/23/2014 10:14 am
Level 1 : New Miner
thunderbyrd
Spigot may be the next Bukkit!
08/23/2014 10:18 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Cake
Jrcarp
Yeah, I like spigot more. They update faster and they support bukkit plugins.
08/23/2014 10:05 am
Aeternalis_
As a result it's going to end up disappearing. What's the point of the bukkit devs continuing if mojang makes their own api?
08/23/2014 4:48 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Dude, you don't know what you're even saying. Bukkit was co-made by dinnerbone. He works for Mojang.

Mojang getting it is a good thing, means it'll update faster, there shouldn't be any bugs on release, and much more.

Mojang has never done anything bad to anyone? EULA? The rules were there already, but now they are just enforcing it, because servers rip people off?
08/23/2014 9:52 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
dorro123
Zeranny
dorro123Because bukkit will always be better than anything mojang is going to make.

If you are only hear to spout baseless negative statements then I will have to start removing your posts as off topic, if you have anything constructive to say regarding this discussion then please do so.

That's my whole argument. Bukkit was made to drastically improve servers and it was made for the community. If mojang comes along and makes their own API what will happen then? Will plugins disappear? Will it only be for realms? I wouldn't be surprised. Mojang is taking over bukkit in an interest of money, and it's ultimately going to hurt minecraft as a result.

Bukkit was already part of Mojang. Mojang has done nothing to prove that they don't care about the players. Also, Mojang said that Bukkit WILL NOT BE their official API.
08/23/2014 9:48 am
Aeternalis_
Zeranny

08/23/2014 9:46 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
Zeranny

08/23/2014 9:43 am
Aeternalis_
Zeranny
hawktasard
ZerannyI doubt it will go any further.

;o why do you say that?

Because Dinnerbone has said that Bukkit will not be the official API, so I don't see why they would continue it when they are making their own.

Because bukkit will always be better than anything mojang is going to make.
08/23/2014 9:41 am
Zeranny
hawktasard

;o why do you say that?

Because Dinnerbone has said that Bukkit will not be the official API, so I don't see why they would continue it when they are making their own.
08/23/2014 9:40 am
Aeternalis_
They're probably going to make bukkit Realms exclusive. They want more money, and this along with the EULA change means sales for Realms will skyrocket. This is a stunt I can see them pulling. (Like every update after 1.2.5)
08/23/2014 9:39 am
Level 1 : New Miner
hawktasard

;o why do you say that?
08/23/2014 9:36 am
Zeranny
Bukkit has been owned by Mojang for the past 2 years. Afaik they will be updating it to 1.8 but I doubt it will go any further.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome