Can't connect to any server

mojojomo's Avatar mojojomo10/27/12 10:42 am
1 emeralds 969 6
12/21/2012 6:47 pm
DiamondRaids's Avatar DiamondRaids
Hi, I need some help with my Minecraft. Ever since I downloaded Minecraft 1.4.2 I can't join any server. It's not a problem with the servers not being 1.4 compatible as the servers have been updated to 1.4. When I try to join any server it freezes saying 'Logging in' for about 5 -10 seconds then comes up with the error message 'Failed to login: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect'. This is very annoying as I want to be able to play on the Survival games servers and Trouble in Mineville servers. Before, in 1.3 I couldn't join the TIMV servers as I had an error message that said 'Could not resolve hostname'. To fix this I used google's DNS settings and it worked, but now I cannot join any server at all. I've taken the DNS settings off and tried it but I get 'Could not resolve hostname' for every server instead. I've looked all over the internet for a solution but to no avail. If anyone can possibly help me, I'll be very grateful. Thanks.

Things I have done to try and fix this problem are:
Turned my router off and on
Taken DNS settings off, then put them back on again.
Closed Minecraft and opened it again.
mojojomo
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/21/2012 6:47 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
DiamondRaids
same here, no solution found. and thundercookie you are useless.
10/30/2012 12:34 pm
lightsaber7590
i will be able to join a server and then exactly 24 hours later it says cant connect to server anyone know what to do to fix this and im on linux so i cant do notepad and all of that thanks <3
10/29/2012 6:23 am
TyrantBadjoe
same for me....I tried downgrading to 1.3.2 but i get stuck at "loggin in" message and ultimately I get message saying cannot join cause i load too long.
10/27/2012 12:28 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Calpinious
Hey man. I have this too. If I downgrade to 1.3.2 it works although I now can't connect to any Tekkit servers either.
10/27/2012 11:06 am
mojojomo
ThunderCookie1Try these things:
Re-download Minecraft from the website
Go back to 1.3.1 (Download the 1.3 jar file and replace it with the .minecraft in your %appdata% > roaming > .minecraft > bin)
[===================================================================]
The 'Cannot Resolve Hostname', that's the server creator's fault. When a server owner doesn't port forward that message comes up.

Re-downloading didn't work and downloading 1.3.1 wouldn't work because the servers are updated to 1.4. Also, my friends is currently on one of the servers so it has been port forwarded. But thanks anyway.
10/27/2012 10:55 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Pony
ThunderCookie1
Try these things:
Re-download Minecraft from the website
Go back to 1.3.1 (Download the 1.3 jar file and replace it with the .minecraft in your %appdata% > roaming > .minecraft > bin)
[===================================================================]
The 'Cannot Resolve Hostname', that's the server creator's fault. When a server owner doesn't port forward that message comes up.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome