Can't connect to Multiplayer

Pie_N's Avatar Pie_N11/19/14 6:36 pm
1 emeralds 1.5k 11
11/28/2014 9:02 pm
colin350's Avatar colin350
For a few days, my Minecraft "Play" button has shown up as "Play offline" instead. The Mojang news screen doesn't show up, it's just blank. I can play Singleplayer Minecraft perfectly fine, but whenever I try to connect to servers, it just keeps loading and never connects. I've tried restarting my computer, changing versions, and going on different servers. My internet connection is working fine.
I don't think my Java is fully updated, but it's been on the same version for a long time, so I don't think it's the problem.
This hasn't been an issue for me before... Does anyone know how to fix this?
Pie_N
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/28/2014 9:02 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Sweetheart
colin350
It is not related to Minecraft.net, as that is just the website. Microsoft is changing the website so that is most likely as to why it is down and offline...

Now the reason that your minecraft is not playing online is definitely because of the firewall.

I am well aware that Minecraft uses specific ports to connect to its login database and server. Some firewalls, especially those that come with your internet service provider, which are set on their highest setting will block these ports, preventing a lot of game servers as well.

So my suggestion is that you talk to your parents about it. Because most likely they have the firewall settings on to protect their home network (credit card information, social security, address, everything can be found on your home network of computers). So instead of tinkering with it yourself, I suggest you talk to them.

Let me know if your issue persists
11/24/2014 7:31 pm
Pie_N
Okay, I can confirm it's something to do with the internet, since I can't connect from Minechat either.
The Mojang support page says this:
Service Statuses
Minecraft.net
This service might be a bit shaky. We are doing our best to stabilize it.
Probably something related to that.
I'll look into the Firewall thing.
11/19/2014 10:35 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Marthellio
Or, (this has happened to me before) someone changed your password :O if thats the case I have enogh money to send you a new one, I know how it feels.
11/19/2014 11:19 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
Shouldn't be, because it would still say play, but instead, give an error when he logs in.
11/20/2014 1:20 am
Level 33 : Artisan Architect
Marthellio
Hmmmmm
11/19/2014 10:29 pm
Level 27 : Expert Dragon
DAP
Try checking your Firewall, and seeing if javaw.exe (I believe that was the process) or just anything with Java in it is blocked. Even if it isn't, just go to the exception area, and add Minecraft's process to the exception. Google if you don't know how to.
11/19/2014 8:21 pm
Level 24 : Expert Explorer
Xaiwalker
Your minecraft login credentials are probably wrong, or your computer has no wifi. Try restarting your router and relogging into your minecraft account.
11/19/2014 7:18 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
PsychedelicPelican
Download Java 8 and make sure there are no restrictions on your internet provider.
11/19/2014 8:32 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Dragonborn
foeLe
I'm not too sure lacking Java 8 would disable your receiving of a webpage embedded into the launcher.

It has something to do with your internet, as you aren't receiving the Minecraft webpage, and it's offering for you to play offline.
11/19/2014 8:08 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
CorkyW
If that ^^^^^ doesn't work try redownloading/installing the launcher itself. May be a bugged file or something.
11/19/2014 8:26 pm
Pie_N
I'll try these when I get the chance.

XaiwalkerYour minecraft login credentials are probably wrong, or your computer has no wifi. Try restarting your router and relogging into your minecraft account.

I don't think it's my wifi, internet browsers and other wifi-related things work fine. I'll try the login thing though.
Edit: Tried relogging, wouldn't even let me log in. This is what it says:
Sorry, but we couldn't connect to our servers. Please make sure that you are online and that Minecraft is not blocked. (SocketException: Unrecognized Windows Sockets error: 10106: create)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome