Can't make server public?

newusernamelength's Avatar newusernamelength8/3/15 12:37 am
1 emeralds 102 2
8/7/2015 3:25 pm
GeekyDaddy's Avatar GeekyDaddy
Hello there! I'm just another person trying to get another server to work. And guess what? I have an error. Why else would I be here? xD

So, basically, I opened the port 25565 and port-forwarded my server using Utorrent. My friend tried it, but it still doesn't work. I didn't want to get all technical manually port-forward or manually open a port. I don't know all that. xD

So, any help on any of this? xD
newusernamelength
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/07/2015 3:25 pm
GeekyDaddy
An ISP is usually a TV Cable Company or Telephone Company. Most people have their high speed internet provided by such companies. From the outside a physical wire comes into your residence and connects to a box known as a modem. From the modem another box is connected called a router. Most ISPs now have these two boxes combine into one. Your computer is then connected to the router either by wire or wireless. Now the router has two IP addresses, one that people see on the internet which is called WAN address. The other IP is internal to your residence also known as LAN address.

When you computer connects to the router, the router assigns your computer an IP address from the inside address (LAN) range usually starting with 192.168.x.x or 10.0.0.x. Your router also
acts as the DNS server (google it if you need to). Your router may go by many names: gateway, bridge, DHCP server, DNS server. This is because your router not only routes but also has the functionality to perform many other duties, so in this case I use router loosely.

In windows (win 7):
1) Click the start orb (usually bottom left corner)
2) In the search field type "command prompt"
3) right click on command prompt and choose "run as administrator"
4) at the prompt in the black box, type "ipconfig /all"
You might see many network cards listed and tunnels. Ignore the ones that say "Media State : Media disconnected"
There is a good chance that the IP address for the DHCP server, DNS server and the gateway are the same.
5) Record the IP address of your machine labelled "IPv4 Address" and the Gateway address.
6) Open your internet browser. (IE, Firefox, Chrome, etc)
7) Type the IP address of the gateway into the address field.
8) Your router should ask you for a user id and/or password.
If you ISP provided you with a router, you'll need to get it from them if they didn't already give it to you.
If you bought/obtained your own router read the manuals or contact the manufacture of your router. Don't call your ISP, they won't be able to help.
9) Once you are "in" this is your router configuration. Look for port forwarding(aka virtual server) might be under WAN, Advanced. Every router manufacture places this somewhere different.
Once your find port forwarding, you'll need to know the IP address of your server machine, the port number of your minecraft server.
10) In the Port Range field put in the minecraft server port (default: 25565).
Some routers have a start and end for the range, in this case make both the same. (Unless your are running multiple servers)
11) In the IP address field, put in the IP address of the minecraft server machine.
This should be your internal IP address (LAN) of the server machine
12) Protocol choose TCP
13) Save the changes
14) In your router, you should have a status of some kind, look for the WAN address.
This is the address that you give your friends so they can connect to your minecraft server.
08/03/2015 1:29 am
newusernamelength
Bump
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome