Chat Infractions and How They Work

Zitzabis's Avatar Zitzabis11/22/15 2:53 am history
13 emeralds 8.4k
[​Reposted from Conquer since the thread was somehow lost.]

Here is a quick guide on how chat infractions work.

Why do we need this system?
The infraction system was introduced by Paril to make it easier to keep track of someone's previous offences, as well as making it easier for the moderators to moderate chat.

How does it work?
Every time you break one of PMC's rules, you will earn yourself an infraction. Depending on the severity of the broken rule, you could earn up to three infractions for an offence. For example: excessive capitals would only be worth a single infraction, but for rapidly spamming chat you'd get 2 - 3 infractions.

What are the infraction-to-ban times?
The first infraction is just a warning, but as you get more infractions, the bans from chat get larger. Here's a quick table I drew up to reference the infractions-to-ban times.

3+ infractions = 24-hour ban
5+ infractions = 3-day ban
7+ infractions = 7-day ban
9 infractions = Permanent ban

How do I know if I've gotten an infraction?
Chat will inform you when you have recieved an infraction.

This was a test infraction given by Zitzabis. When infracted, you will see the name of the moderator who infracted you and you will see the reason given for the infraction. If you wish to discuss the infraction, feel free to message the moderator who gave you the infraction or better yet file a ticket here.

Can I change my ways?
But here's the catch, if you decide to change your naughty ways, you can do so. Just make sure to be mature and follow the rules, then your infractions will slowly disappear.
Zitzabis
Retired Moderator
Level 75 : Legendary Gent