~Come join Altaris9! We are looking for new recruits!!! :D

Shadowsane's Avatar Shadowsane4/19/16 4:04 pm
5/13/2016 1:41 pm
Shadowsane's Avatar Shadowsane
Greetings!
We are the Altaris9 community. Wanting to make your minecraft experience the best as possible with the best possible staff. So: "What is Altaris9?" Altaris9 is a server that not only provides the most fun mini games. But with a bit of adventure. A MMORPG where you complete quest and missions given by unique townsfolk (NPC's).
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Some features includes:
Special missions
Crates
Custom recipes
Daily Bonuses
Custom Shop GUI for upgrading in mini games and adventure
No hackers!
Custom Texture packs
Tournaments and other thrilling events
Custom items and mobs with a lot of additional recipes
Custom-plugins
Quests that can require thinking and decision making
NPCs with intersting dialogue.
and more....!!!
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What exactly are we looking for?

We are SPECIFICALLY looking for people who has relevant skills to our server. We want the best server with best staff with best quality. Simply: "THE BEST OF THE BEST" ha ha. Anyway, currently we have 5 staff including my self making 6.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

What IS the server?

Our servers' main specific goal...is to make people happy! Making people happy with the spirit of mini game and MMORPG/ adventure. The whole concept is the concept of islands....

Main isle
You start on this island, mostly made of jungle and some hills and even with a treetop village.

Sahara Isle
This is the next island, mostly made of pyramids, red sand, hardened clay, has features of the mesa biome.

Snowgale Island
Mostly covered in snow and ice, with spruce trees and configerious trees. Abandoned castles are dramatically covered in snow and ice here.

High Hills Island
The island mostly covered with mountains and plains. Livestock and crops reign the area as this is how the townsfolk prosper in this region.

Candy Isle
An island that's covered along with sweets

Tempest Isle coast
An island that is on the verge of being hit by a massive storm that's stuck forever in one place and also rains forever[But on the verge of name change simply because of theme change][And also on the verge of theme change]

Industrial Island
Its an island built on industrial manufacturing also introduces the housing feature

Galaxia Island
An island in the sky, made by the wizard himself to reach the stars

Foodvale Island[possible name change]
An island that revolves around food things with several districts to separate its self from others. The separate food groups end up having a war and you must stop the fighting.

As you can already see all the islands have themes. Playing mini games surrounded by the theme of the island. It'll be loads of fun!
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Now lets get to the real reason you're here...here are some positions that are open at this moment...

Builders (1-2 positions)
I, myself is not just the proud owner of Altaris9 but is also a builder. I'm head-builder and is currently looking for the most experienced builders. I've been building for my entire Minecraft experience and have loads of it. I've created 1 island and in the process of the second one.

Programmers(1 position)
Specifically we need Java Developers. Our only JavaD is currently running the server to the best to his ability. And he needs some help. Making essentials and what not. If your interested in this position then you'll have to follow his directions as he is not just the owner also but head-developer. Web Designer is also included in this. As it important for a server to have one. We will direct you to what we want when/if you apply.

Graphics(1-2 positions)
The art linked to server draws people in to get to know that server more. So we need some of the really good artist and ones with lots of experience. Things such as banners, logos, models and art for the future websites in general.

Writers(1-3)
This is a very important part in the server as i can't do the writing myself. We need some one who enjoys writing and actually professionalism with writing dialogue for a story. NOTE: WE DO NOT NEED A WRITER JUST YET. WE STILL HAVEN'T PUT DOWN NPC'S FOR THE STORY.

Helpers(2-3)
The last position is a helper. Helpers are basically a Moderator but if you do your job right, frequently and respectively/kindly you can rank up to Admin. There isn't much to explain about Helpers but except that they help out the builders, graphics and even our developers when asked or volunteer.(WE NEED NO MORE HELPERS!!!!!!)

Below are the application forms for certain roles:

Builder Application Form
Click to reveal
A builders' job is simply basic. Just stacking blocks on blocks on each other to make them look nice. But i don't think so. Building requires skill, creativity and imagination. As i head-builder would love to see a new recruit ^_^
-IGN:

-Real name(or nickname and optional):

-Skype(required or application denied if you do not have one then we will try to work things out but chances are slim):

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to building?:

-What can you provide for the server(specifically):

-What are your experiences?

-Why should we hire YOU?

-Examples of your work(at least 3-4):

-What made you interested?

-What do you think of this idea and concept?

-When you are building on this server (or possibly any server) Worldedit is a very important tool, so: What does //brush sphere [block] [radius] do? What is detail to a Minecraft builder? What is depth to a Minecraft builder?

Writer Application Form
Click to reveal
A writers' job in this server is to write a dialogue and story to our RPGMMO style server. By making the story as interesting and most involving experience.
-IGN:

-Skype(required or application denied if you do not have one then we will try to work things out but chances are slim):

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to writing?

-What have you written?

-When did you start learning to become a (professional) writer:

-How did you start writing?

-What can you provide for the server(specifically):

-Why should we hire YOU?

-Examples of your work (at least 3-4):

-What made you interested into this server?

-Making quest for this server is crucial, meaning the best of your ability with the most intriguing story; so...If i were to make the player go retrieve something what type of quest is that called? If i were to make the player go give something away what is that called?If i were to make a quest within a quest what is that called?

Helpers Application Form
Click to reveal
A helpers' job is to make/keep the community happy. By just answering questions and helping other staff and just by being around so anyone can have a third arm
-IGN:

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to the server?

-Have you been banned from any server? (DOES NOT affect your chances)

-What can you provide for the server (specifically):

-Why should we hire YOU?

-Helping people on a server is very important. A helpers job is to keep the community happy; so...If a person is letter spamming in chat what do you do? If a person is advertising in chat what do you do? If a person is hacking what do you do?

Graphics Application Form
Click to reveal
Every successful server needs some kind of art work. A graphic designer is the one the to do it. By designing 2D to 3D images. From logos, to banners, to models.
-IGN:

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to designing?

-What type of designing do you do?

-What program do you use?

-When did you start designing?

-What can you provide for the server (specifically)?

-Why should we hire YOU?

-Examples of your work (3-4):

-What do you think of the concept and idea?

-A designer has to know what he is doing and we want the most out of our graphic designers/artist; so...What is The 3 most common software to design?

Web Designer Application Form
Click to reveal
The Web Designer is to just simply make an amazing website. That draws in other players even if they are just surfing the net.
-IGN:

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to web designing?

-What websites have you created?

-Why should we hire YOU?

-What do you think of this concept and idea?

-What can you provided for a server (specifically)?

-The website of the server is another important part of the server. The website tells a lot about a server community; so...What is JavaScript? What is C++? What is HTML?

Programmer Application Form
Click to reveal
The programmer simply forges our custom plugins. Programmers code amazing ideas into Minecraft reality!
-IGN:

-Timezone:

-How much time can you dedicate to programming?

-What type of language do you right?

-What have you created?

-Why should we hire YOU

-When did you start programming?

-What do you think of the concept and idea?

-In order to right out code you MUST have some type of writing program you use; so...What are the 3 most common programs for designing? (Hint: What do you beginners and even experts use?)

Archivist Application
Click to reveal
"Archivists are like the level designers of the server, as they do lots of research and writing on developing the custom items, recipes, and more."
-IGN:

-Age(must be mature enough to be in the hand of documents and take responsibility):

-Timezone:

-"Examples of work (provide the name of any item, a short description, and then a longer description about the item...for example:
Name: Orange
Description: A fresh, bittersweet orange.
Examine/Longer Description: Oranges are a popular fruit and a staple of nutrition and health across the world.):"

-How much time can you dedicate to creating recipe, mobs, item developing?

-Why should we hire YOU?

-What do you think of this concept and idea?

-An archivist is one another important that keeps that server organized. And as professional as possible; so...How would you categorize these following items?

• -Beaver -Pear -Golf -Shovel
  • -Apple -Baseball -Tennis -Swimming
  • -Orange -Pickaxe -Sword -Eagle
  • -Soccer -Grapefruit -Deer -Axe
  • -Hoe -Monkey -Bear -Alligator

And that concludes this post! If you have any questions then feel free to ask and don't be afraid to do so
We hope to see you on the line-up ^-^
Thanks for looking at our application!
~The staff Altaris9
Shadowsane
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer