Command Block Item Detection Help

JrFander's Avatar JrFander1/20/17 3:43 am
1 emeralds 334 1
1/20/2017 5:11 am
Pepijn's Avatar Pepijn
Hello. I am a map creator and I need some help with command block stuff.
So I am trying to make a smelters pickaxe for a game that I am creating. But I need some help with detecting dropped ores that are within the player's radius.
This is what I tried:
execute @a[score_BrokenBlocks_min=1] ~ ~ ~ testfor @e[type=Item,r=3] {Item:{id:minecraft:iron_ore}
BrokenBlocks is the scoreboard for the amount of iron ores the player mined
The players will be holding a pic in their hand and I have already done the detection for it.
This is the method

Testfor smelters pic in player's hand (done) -> testfor player with the BrokenBlocks score with the min of 1(done) -> testfor dropped iron ore within the radius of 3 from the player.(not done) -> Change the iron_ore which is within the player's radius to iron. (not done)

Also is there a way to do stage 3 and 4 in one command? if it is please tell me.
Thanks
JrFander
Level 1 : New Crafter