Command Block Kill commands?

Such an intricate part of Minecraft that it deserves a whole section dedicated to it. Post your most amazing Redstone creations here!

Post Permalink
by Truedone » 11/1/2012

I am currently making a pig racing map and I need some assistance for command blocks.

Is there a possible way that I can use a command block to kill everyone in the map to reset the game? I have tried kill @a or @a kill does'nt work. I currently have a rig so it teleports all players into a lava pit but I dont like it like that. Just wondering
Level 1
New Miner

Post Permalink
by Tobyscool » 11/3/2012

I can't find any way to make the /kill @a work. Just teleport everyone into a lava pit.
Level 30
Artisan Engineer

Post Permalink
by dougylord900 » 11/3/2012

The /kill command was cut from the command blocks during 1.4 development.
Level 28
Expert Dragonborn
Minecraft: Winter_Master

Post Permalink
by AvalonAdventures » 11/3/2012

Truedone wrote:I am currently making a pig racing map and I need some assistance for command blocks.

Is there a possible way that I can use a command block to kill everyone in the map to reset the game? I have tried kill @a or @a kill does'nt work. I currently have a rig so it teleports all players into a lava pit but I dont like it like that. Just wondering

instead of teleporting them into a lava pit just have them fall through the void like Hypixel.
Level 46
Master Pony
Says: Only the best of the best.
Minecraft: Goblom

Post Permalink
by JCMK » 11/3/2012

dougylord900 wrote:The /kill command was cut from the command blocks during 1.4 development.

This is due to its buggyness and unreliability.
Level 30
Artisan Unicorn
Says: No, Katelyn. <3 I will not.
Minecraft: Glitch_Modulator
mc_server: DesiredCraft, Tekkify, 5.27.108.182

Post Permalink
by pebble225 » 12/18/2012

/clear /tp ;)
Level 11
Journeyman Dragon

Post Permalink
by Creeper_for_life » 12/19/2012

guys,first i dont have command block in my creative inventory,second,how on earth do u use a command block?
Level 22
Expert Skinner

Post Permalink
by badass_mexican » 12/19/2012

Creeper_for_life wrote:guys,first i dont have command block in my creative inventory,second,how on earth do u use a command block?

1. Getting command block via /give <playername> id
2. Too Many Items/Not enough Items Mod

How to use command block:
Someone explain it to him I don't know how to explain
Level 1
New Architect

Post Permalink
by +Sheena+ » 12/19/2012

Creeper_for_life wrote:guys,first i dont have command block in my creative inventory,second,how on earth do u use a command block?

You can get a command block by typing /give <playername> 137 <amount>

Just try different commands like tp or game rules and stuff on the command block. Basically once you get it you will know what to do.
ImageImageImage
Level 34
Artisan Vampire
Says: 私は眠りに歌う
Minecraft: SweetCandyBaby

Post Permalink
by dogglez7777 » 12/22/2012

*ahem* I believe there is a way to get /kill to work with command blocks. I believe the way it works is in the GUI you must put a specific player name..I THINK. But if not, screw me. And if I were you, I'd teleport them into the void or maybe off a cliff or something. Maybe into a little room that has dispensers that throw potion.potency.99 Instant Damage potions at you. I don't know. Just do whatever works
Level 1
New Crafter
Says: Team Canada! ಠ_ಠ
Minecraft: dogglez7777
mc_server: Fun Craft! ಠ_ಠ

Post Permalink
by number1_Master » 12/22/2012

Your answer to every commandblock question:
http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Command_Block
If you ever need help, just Private Message (PM) me!
Level 37
Artisan Droid
Says: Don't worry, I'm working on projects!
Minecraft: number1_Master
mc_server: 24.14.161.103:25565

Post Permalink
by SemihLord » 3/26/2013

Masterwizard254 wrote:I got a huge problem. I accidentally typed "kill @p" into a command block, added a fast clock, and forgot to add [name=!DiamondTNT]. Now when I try to remove the command block, it kills me instantly. My spawn is far enough so that the command block won't be rendered when I respawn. MCEdit isn't working for me, so do you guys know any way to disable/destroy this command block? I have WorldEdit if that helps. I can't run a server either.

disable command blocks on server
Level 1
New Explorer

Next

Return to Redstone