Creating new MOD/PLUGIN server NEED YOUR IDEAS

weja's Avatar weja11/18/12 5:16 am
1 emeralds 41
THIS SERVER HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. IT IS IN PURE PLANNING STAGE.

DO NOT ASK FOR IP, SERVER IS NOT UP YET, AND RELEASING MAY TAKE TIME.

http://weja.beastnode.net/ <- Forums for planning

What?
I am tired when every server nowadays is purely Survival or Creative, Modded or Plugins or Vanilla. HardCore or Peaceful. And so on. I bet you know what I mean.

Why?
I have been hosting Minecraft server for about a year. I decided to make Survival Peaceful server. I realized that it is boring for players, when it's just building and gathering resources.
People started requesting PvP-arenas. And MobArenas. And Creative world, etc. Then I made 10 new worlds, so everyone could be happy. Still people kept requesting new things, and I was trying to add more content frequently.

It was never enough. People quit, because they get bored.

So what?

I will make new server, which combines many of these features. There will be Creative aspects, Survival aspects, Mods and Plugins. In as few worlds as possible.

Why so much stuff?

Having both Mods and Plugins doesn't mean that there will be lots of stuff. It just means it will be different. Different from other servers.

Why create Forums?

I have realized that the server will not be good, if I construct it alone. I need your help in this. With forums I can have many threads. In PMC forums you will have only one thread, and things will get complicated, when you are speaking from many things at the same time. Creating forums is also easy.

What help is needed?

I want opinions, suggestions, ideas and such, what would you like to have on a server. It can be anything. ANYTHING you think might be good for a server. A Mod, a Plugin, just a tiny fix to something you dislike or like.

Think it as a player. You have seen many PvP, Peaceful, mod servers etc. I think it's time to have a bit different server this time. At least I've seen enough servers, that are all same.

WOULD YOU LIKE IT A BIT DIFFERENT THIS TIME?

If yes, then join the conversation!

If you want to take part in this project, you might become staff. This does not mean instant OP-powers, FTP-information and such.
If you are willing to join, be forewarned. This will take time. The server will not be released today, tomorrow, or on the next week. Not in the next month either. But some day in the future we might think "Hey, this looks good. Why not release it?"

The point is not to rush to publish server quickly. I have made enough mistakes by publishing a server, when it was not ready for publishing. We have lots of time, trust me.

If you are plugin developer, mod developer, architect, or just interested in participating, head to the forums, register and start suggesting!

I need YOUR help!

Requirements:
- Time to dedicate
- Interest to create something new and breathtaking
- Ability to speak English that everyone can understand (Mine is not perfect either)
- Will to help, give ideas, brainstorming mayb

THIS SERVER HAS NOT BEEN RELEASED. IT IS IN PURE PLANNING STAGE.

DO NOT ASK FOR IP, SERVER IS NOT UP YET, AND RELEASING MAY TAKE TIME.

Please visit my project page, and give me a diamond. Thanks

View Need your help with creating new MOD / PLUGIN server!

Join the forum conversation! It's the main discussion area! Thanks for your support!
www.weja.beastnode.net
weja
Level 17 : Journeyman Robot