How to make random steve textures?

KitKqtEnderheart's Avatar KitKqtEnderheart7/1/15 7:25 pm
1 emeralds 558
I am attempting to make a texture pack that pretty much just changes the mob files. I went a bit crazy with the Steve, and now I have my skin, my old skin, my friend's skin, a couple girl skins, and my MCPE skin.. (50% Enderman)
Anyways, I tried to test it.
ATTEMPT 1: Minecraft corrupted, took me an hour to get the files redownloaded because they wouldn't just download the 1.7 files like I wanted too and 1.8 is not great on my computer so it took a while to load that... but now i have everything back
ATTEMPT 2: I had to re-install Optifine instead of just restoring my versions backup folder xD
ATTEMPT 3: I just saw... Endermen. Everywhere. That's the default Steve in the texture pack xD I check to make sure Random Mobs is on. It is. I close Minecraft and run a google search to find that I can't put Steves in a Steve folder. I'm new to this, okay? I fix it and try again.
ATTEMPT 4: Everything should be working, but ACK THE ENDERMEN! Too many people have my skin now! (I'm testing on an offline mode server so about 95% of people don't have a skin and I can easily test it without having to take off my skin and relog many times )
Is there anything I'm doing wrong? I have the random Steve files in assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/mob (steve2.png to steve7.png) and i have just confirmed that everything is spelled right. I also found that Sphax and a few other packs have had the same problem. What happened that random Steves don't work anymore?
NOTE: Before saying "then try Alex" please note that my computer is a piece of junk and 1.8 does not run properly. Also, all the skins I have still use the 1.7 Steve template.
KitKqtEnderheart
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer