The City {OOC}

Lily-San's Avatar Lily-San10/16/12 11:51 pm
1 emeralds 65
For those of you sourcing for this, I have permission from the original author, as it was a collaboration that we did for the story.

Story:
It was all safe, until it happened. The day the earth stood still. Humans didn't think that it could happen, but human nature got the better of us. Bomb by bomb, cities began to crumble. When we thought that humanity and life had fallen, the world had different plans. Some people had survived. Some say due to luck, others say due to some of the people who had sacrificed their lives. These heroes who survived had been given the title of "Dawn-stars." These people, in the plight of their survival, created a small village for those survivors. That town then turned into a town, then into a city. The city was pure. There was no trouble, and no corruption, but then, human nature has never been extinguished.

The city soon became victim to human nature. Greed from major corporations caused the city to succumb into chaos. Gangs soon became major powers, other than corporations, and the corporations soon owned everything. The cost of living soon increased to so much, most of the city had became shrouded in darkness. The city became dark, and even more chaos broke out. Only the rich center of the city has the precious light, and heat. The only question is, are you still alive?

Guidelines:
1) Characters: You allowed to have more than one, but try to keep it under 4. Try not to have any Tommy Generick characters.
2) Roleplaying: This isn't about much combat. It's more about interaction, although, there is going to be loads of combat opportunities.
3) Expectations: You are expected to have the grammar and spelling of 7th grade, at least. This is medium expectations for a roleplay.
4) Rules: No godmodding, munchkinning, metagaming, etc. If you don't RP for 3 days without notice, I will bunny your character. If you don't RP for 6 days without notice, I will kill off your character.

Gangs:
N/A

Corporations:
N/A

Applications:

Character:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Where are they?:[/b] (In the city. The center, the outskirts, the corporation zones.)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Images, please.)
[b]Backstory:[/b]
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Gang: [/b](If applicable)
[b]Anything Else?:[/b]

Corporations:
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]What they do:[/b]
[b]Current wealth:[/b] (Rate by words like "Extremely rich")
[b]Description:[/b] (When they were made, and some other stuff.)
[b]Anything Else?:[/b]

FAQ:
--Why wasn't I accepted?
Because you A) Didn't follow the guidelines, or B) Forgot to write something about darkness in the Anything Else?:

--Is it modeled after the prenuke cities?
At first, no. The greed and corpulence made it less like a utopia, and more like an effective character. The small zone where there is radiation is just outside of the walls, causing most of the building to be skyscrapers.
Lily-San
Level 6 : Apprentice Explorer