COMPUTER ISNT PERFORMING AS IT USED TO!:( HELP ME PLEASE

ioXLRoi's Avatar ioXLRoi8/20/14 9:30 pm
1 emeralds 1.4k 50
8/25/2014 12:17 pm
epicanthony76's Avatar epicanthony76
Hey guys sorry to bother you's but im kinda getting really annoyed with my pc...
i bought a pc 2 years ago for minecraft at first it was amazing!... 120fps to 110 fps now i get 40 to 30 and maybe 60fps... it lags so bad sometimes.... ive tried everything and nothing seems to fix it... please help....

PC SPECS:

AMD A8-3870 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.00GHz
8gb ram
Sapphire hd 7850 2gb graphics card
1TB Storage
gigabyte GA-A75M-S2V MOTHERBOARD

Things you'll probaly wanty to look at:

http://gyazo.com/3c778c1463abadd231ede2bd875bb60b
http://gyazo.com/0bbd2b3b02e3d5456ee0b9e1a05c13aa
http://gyazo.com/8ccaef565a31b022fdd2708dba0a64c7
http://gyazo.com/ac65d67690a7aac8f13e71a715390f5a with minecraft playing

PLEASE HELP ME! I JUST WANNA PLAY NORMALLY AGAIN
ioXLRoi
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/25/2014 8:55 am
ioXLRoi
fixed my probelm im back in the 100s lol thanks anyways guys!<3
08/25/2014 12:17 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
how?
08/21/2014 8:54 pm
Level 49 : Master Wizard
epicanthony76
Update Java
Remove old versions of java
use CCleaner to clean up junk that can be slowing it down
install optifine
use gamebooster
make minecraft run with more ram
update your graphic card
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/the-ultimate-guide-to-reduce-lag/
08/21/2014 8:52 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Wolf
Colonellooo
Minecraft has had a lot of changes over the years and I don't think its your computer thats slowing down. It's just that the game is a lot more resource demanding than it used to be. 2 years is pretty old for a computer and you probably just need some upgrades. If none of the tips that people have been telling you are working than you definitely need some new parts for your PC.
08/21/2014 8:39 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Here's one thing that may be causing it.
I'm not sure about every CPU, but when mine reaches a temp over 95C, it changes it's clock speed. Effectively cooling it down, but, it by doing that, it slowed things down. The clock speed is how many cycles it does per second. So, the more cycles per second, the faster things can get done. Try cleaning your fan out, since it may not be doing it's job correctly. The reason why I am talking about the CPU is because Minecraft relies on that greatly. The GPU still plays a part, though. But the GPU's part is getting bigger.

I get around 70-100 frames with Minecraft. I remember when I would get 110-150.
08/21/2014 8:39 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Waffle
SackboyRocks
I'm not saying I can't get a virus on my computer, its possible. But if you read that page, you understand why the chance of getting a virus while running Linux is much less likely. Most people making viruses target windows, because more people use it and it has less protection.
- http://whylinuxisbetter.net/items/viruses/index.php?lang= -

Running Winblows just because you are a 'youtuber' and that it 'looks better' aren't very valid reasons, but whatever you want. I don't understand how you don't use linux because you have never gotten a virus, because that makes no sense. You don't just run Linux to not get viruses, you run it because of the dozens of benefits for it. My computer doesn't crash and get errors every couple weeks.. I get multiple desktops to switch between without having to close anything. I don't have to pay for the OS. I have much more freedom. No need to reboot my computer when it starts running slow or acting weird, because it doesn't. Take a minecraft server for example. 99.9% of server hosting companies run Linux for their minecraft servers. There is just something simple you can relate to. Most electrical things you see anywhere in life are running Linux in the backround. Not windows which will crash, not mac either.

I'll stop this argument now, I usually don't get into fights but when people are very mistaken over things like this, I have to say something.

Btw, I run Fedora. Best distro around.
08/21/2014 8:02 pm
ioXLRoi
guys instead of fighting help me?
08/21/2014 8:40 pm
SackboyRocks
I'd recommend getting a new graphics card, and adding more ram to your computer.
08/21/2014 3:17 pm
ioXLRoi
please anyone!
08/21/2014 11:13 am
ioXLRoi
I just dont know i really liked this pc...:/ could anyone remote controller my pc and check it?:/ my mom bought me this rig before she past away so its really sentimental to me these are my processes running if anyone can fix this for me ill pay you's 100$ paypal

http://gyazo.com/bee7580ff7666ebd09b2eed19707e2a1
08/21/2014 10:59 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Warrior
FedorMKG
maybe try and test your MB by itself. meaning take it out of your case, and "prong test" it. you can use a paper clip or tweezers and touch both the positive and ground prongs, and see what sound if any your MB makes, beeping is usually bad pening on the type of MB you have, if u can get ahold of you MB's manual it will tell you what sounds mean what. i think most MB's use the 2 beep good, 3 beep bad analogy. it sux that ur rig is slowing down. maybe also see if any of your bios setting have been change on accident. dont give up, or get mad, think hard abt how ur rig was when it ran great, as apposed to now with it runnng slow.
hope it gets bttr man
08/21/2014 10:54 am
ioXLRoi
Around 50 to 60
08/21/2014 10:52 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
How many processes running when you open the task manager?
08/21/2014 10:45 am
ioXLRoi
I did all of this and my graphics card drivers are updated amd 14.2
08/21/2014 9:41 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
TheWombatDonut
I think your computer is suffering *dun dun dun* old age.
08/21/2014 9:37 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
luigi_vampa
That's normal for a pc. They're like motors, they need a service every year.
Things like:
Give the thing a clean, get the air flowing - personally I use the nozzle on the hoover.
Run the system tools - Disk defrag, check disc, disk clean up.
Check your start up folder to see what boots when the pc does and open the task manager and see what processes are running.
Clear temp files and delete anything you don't need.
Have a scan for viruses and malware but don't be too worried, if your system hasn't had a service in a while the performance of your machine lowering is to be expected.

Have a google for these things they're all quite common.
08/21/2014 9:53 am
Level 26 : Expert Modder
Te_Ragy
Do all of this ^^ and update your graphics card to the latest drivers.
08/21/2014 9:13 am
ioXLRoi
What do you mean killertoad
08/21/2014 9:20 am
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
He means are you running the game of your graphics card or the integrated graphics in your CPU. (I think)
08/20/2014 11:47 pm
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
Are you running it off of your GPU, or your igpu?
08/20/2014 10:39 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Bun_Bo_Hue
try:
Cleaning your fans as most of them says
de-dust your PC anywhere there is dust with compressed air can
Update your drivers if possible especially your graphic cards
Use CCleaner
^reply: 2 year computer is not old, i'm using nvidia 555m from 2011 and it still performs great at 100+ fps my temps are around 40-70 while gaming on a laptop.
08/20/2014 10:29 pm
ioXLRoi
can anyone help me?
08/20/2014 10:34 pm
Level 41 : Master Blob
Navbarry
Have you considered that minecraft has become more resource intensive over the past 2 years? You know they've added a lot of stuff. Also, a 2 year old computer is OLD, unless you constantly upgrade it.

Edit:
Just looked at your specs, your GPU definitely isn't the problem. What is the speed of your RAM? Or it could be your CPU.
08/20/2014 10:25 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Network
MissMarifire
can i borrow your computer for like forever
Have you ever cleaned your fans in your PC? When your fans are cleaned up, they run faster and pretty much are more efficient. Then again I don't really know. If you don't clean your fans at least monthly it'll wreck your hardware.

Or at least from what I know I don't know. I have a laptop.
08/20/2014 10:28 pm
Navbarry
Ehhh not monthly. I do it seasonally; then again I have dust filters.
08/20/2014 9:56 pm
ioXLRoi
would my graphics card be idling?..... and minecraft is probaly detected as 2d?
08/20/2014 9:52 pm
ioXLRoi
only these programs are on my pc

http://gyazo.com/bb661bfc6e5d44a39ace24d0594d9e78
08/20/2014 9:52 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Warrior
Demonic Creeper
well then try optifine its a mod that increases fps and also if you have texture packs it could be the problem it slows down the game well some do anyway
08/20/2014 9:50 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Toast
WillyWonka125
hurrr, delete system32 hurrrrrrr

I jest. As time goes on, you install more stuff and that stuff runs in the background and slows down your other stuff. Removing the stuff that you don't need / want will drastically increase the speed that your other stuff runs at. Go into the Control Panel and then into the uninstall stuff screen. Look through that and remove stuff that you know you don't use. If you don't know what it is, either google what it is or leave it. It might be important. Once you're done, I'd reboot to make sure everything is removed as it should be. If Minecraft isn't running better, then you likely have a different, much more technical problem.
08/20/2014 9:45 pm
ioXLRoi
minecraft it doesnt perform as it used to?...
08/20/2014 9:44 pm
ioXLRoi
or guys could this be a probelm have a look?
http://gyazo.com/9b6ad4a2f640c18bcffffce1561aeeec
08/20/2014 9:44 pm
Demonic Creeper
close any open apps you dont need that should help and is the problem with the pc in general or with just minecraft
08/20/2014 9:41 pm
Demonic Creeper
try optifine mod or setting minecraft priority to high on your computer also delete all unessassary apps go to controll panel uninstall a program and delete any recent 2014 things downloaded that you know you didnt download
08/20/2014 9:38 pm
SackboyRocks
First, try rebooting. That's a simple step.

Next step is to remove windows and use Linux, so you don't get any viruses and have a higher performance system.

As you can see, everyone above me wants you to scan for viruses. That is not needed.. I've never ran a scanner in my life.
08/21/2014 12:39 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
searchndstroy
Rebooting is probably something not to worry about, unless you run a dedicated server in the background. (Like I do) I say that because when you run a dedicated server, you don't want to reboot a lot, while the average user will shut it down after they are done, and start it up when needed. (Effectively rebooting)

Generally most viruses don't cause performance impacts because it may give away that the host machine is infected. Adware is the one slowing you down, and adware pops up very often, so that would be a clue that you have it.

While I haven't tested performance of any linux distro vs windows, I do know linux is harder to understand and use than Windows. (Well, only the ones I tried.) Also, don't ever say a system cannot get infected. Viruses are programs. They are programmed to cause damage. Ex, delete system32. But linux has something special that blocks some of that. (Requiring the root password before doing anything administrative.) But, nothing is 100% secure. Nothing ever will be, people will always find a way around it, or they will find exploits. (Like the heartbleed one)
08/21/2014 6:06 pm
SackboyRocks
Linux is harder to use because it is mainly for people who are advanced in computers. You have more freedom with Linux, more protection. Its completely open source to the public and has very little viruses than windows. I don't understand why everyone thinks I'm crazy, It's actually the other way around.. Linux indeed CAN get infected, but the chances are lowered drastically because of multiple reasons. Take a look here: http://whylinuxisbetter.net/items/security/index.php?lang=
08/21/2014 12:08 am
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
There are plenty of Linux malware out there, just go on youtube
EVERY MACHINE, NO MATTER WHAT THEY RUN CAN GET MALWARE, if you run OS X, Windows or Ubunto Linux, you are still at risk for malware, want some examples go on youtube

Malware can use up system resources. There are plenty who will take up all of the computers resources to spread itself. but some will only take some. I would Defrag your harddrive, clean up temp files, use malwarebytes anti-malware to scan your computer and remove any Adware malware virus'. Then if you have a lot of dust in your computer, clean that up as it can cause some performance to be lost.
08/21/2014 6:09 pm
SackboyRocks
I'm not kidding, I have never once got a virus on my computer.
http://whylinuxisbetter.net/items/security/index.php?lang=
08/21/2014 6:20 pm
Level 41 : Master Modder
David5886
I have never gotten one either. A reason why I wont use linux. Not as much software/game support, and as a hardcore gamer/Youtuber I need all of that, but there is a lot, plus I like the look and feel of windows better, I have used many linux distros and ubunto is my fav. If you are smart, no matter what you run, windows, linux, mac os x, you probably wont get infected, I dont even run an anti-virus on my computer most of the time because it affects my computers performance, not much though.
08/20/2014 11:55 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
Sheezie
Please never comment on computer help things again.
08/21/2014 6:08 pm
SackboyRocks
Explain?
08/20/2014 9:47 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Windows is much better than Linux, and you probably have a billion viruses, or have never been on the internet if you've never scanned your computer.
08/21/2014 6:03 pm
SackboyRocks
I'm sorry, but you are oblivious to what you are running. If you think Linux has more viruses than Windows, you are half insane. Less people use Linux, therefore there are less made for it. Also, Linux has very good protect BUILT IN to the system itself, unlike windows.

Take a look here hun: http://whylinuxisbetter.net/
08/20/2014 9:37 pm
Navbarry
Malwarebytes has a free scanner which is great for cleaning out your PC. Also, if you want an antivirus which stops viruses from getting there in the first place, avast is a good, free antivirus.
08/20/2014 9:37 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
kbman22
CCleaner is free, but not quite a virus scanner, it just empties alot of unused documents and other things, but Norton is a great one if you can pay for it.
08/20/2014 9:36 pm
Level 28 : Expert Pirate
HassanPCMR
Malwarebytes or Webroot
08/20/2014 9:35 pm
ioXLRoi
Any good antiviruses in mind?
08/20/2014 9:34 pm
Level 29 : Expert Engineer
DrStrad
The first thing I'd do is run a scan of your computer for any corrupted/trash files using a trusted antivirus.
08/20/2014 9:33 pm
Level 29 : Expert Dragonborn
kbman22
You probably just have some stuff that needs to be cleared out, may have a virus affecting your computer. I don't know for sure, but scan your computer, it may help.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome